Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Results 61 to 90 of 283

Thread: 2017.09.15 - Chicago, IL @ Riot Fest

  1. #61
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    305
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    Anyone go deluxe VIP? I'm wondering how long those will last since they don't have tiered pricing.

    Edit: they just added a second tier. 1st tier is sold out.
    I did deluxe vip for the full weekend back when nin was just announced and right when they went on sale. I highly recommend reserving a locker in the vip area if they still have any left.

    This will be my 13th

    http://www.nintourhistory.com/profile.php?userid=4796

    Still annoyed that my parents wouldn't let me go to the nin/Bowie show...that should have been my first.

    Had to miss the LITS dates due to conflicts. Really happy I went down to voodoo fest a couple years ago though...great show. Wish a bootleg would turn up for that one.
    Last edited by kargath; 06-23-2017 at 05:32 PM.

  2. #62
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    14
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I'll be in chicago on the 13th if there's meetups happening. I'm mostly planning to wander the city and stare, but am always amicable to imbibe.

  3. #63
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    24.24.2.2391
    Posts
    2
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by somewhat_ View Post
    Anyone go deluxe VIP? I'm wondering how long those will last since they don't have tiered pricing.

    Edit: they just added a second tier. 1st tier is sold out.
    Deluxe VIP x2 here. Looking forward to seeing NIN ("T"NIN?) and QOTSA again!

  4. #64
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    236
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    This will be my 7th NIN show. I missed the Wave Goodbye tour because it didn't come to MN and the Chicago date sold out too fast. I still (and always will) regret not finding a way to catch one of those shows, but back before they started touring again, I was really crushed. I feared that I missed my last opportunity to see my favorite band live and would never see them again. Glad that's not the case. I'll never make that mistake again, though. I guess that's why I caught them three times during the 2013/2014 tours. I saw QotSA open for NIN in 2005 for the With Teeth tour, but I wasn't as familiar with Queens as I am now. I'm excited to see them again! I'll also be seeing them in Minneapolis after RiotFest too. Should be fun!

  5. #65
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    305
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sonic_discord View Post
    This will be my 7th NIN show. I missed the Wave Goodbye tour because it didn't come to MN and the Chicago date sold out too fast. I still (and always will) regret not finding a way to catch one of those shows, but back before they started touring again, I was really crushed. I feared that I missed my last opportunity to see my favorite band live and would never see them again. Glad that's not the case. I'll never make that mistake again, though. I guess that's why I caught them three times during the 2013/2014 tours. I saw QotSA open for NIN in 2005 for the With Teeth tour, but I wasn't as familiar with Queens as I am now. I'm excited to see them again! I'll also be seeing them in Minneapolis after RiotFest too. Should be fun!
    What fest is in MN? Or did I miss something and some standalone shows get added?

    I went to the "first annual rivers edge music fest" in 2012 over in St. Paul and really wish it would have actually been repeated. Really well organized for an inaugural year. I'd definitely consider driving up from Chicago again for fests up your way.

  6. #66
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Location
    Minneapolis, MN
    Posts
    236
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kargath View Post
    What fest is in MN? Or did I miss something and some standalone shows get added?

    I went to the "first annual rivers edge music fest" in 2012 over in St. Paul and really wish it would have actually been repeated. Really well organized for an inaugural year. I'd definitely consider driving up from Chicago again for fests up your way.
    They aren't doing a festival in MN, I was referring to RiotFest. Chicago is too close for me to pass up and It's a fun city to visit. I'll be driving down and renting a place on AirBnB.

  7. #67
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    San Jose, CA
    Posts
    317
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Is anyone planning on filming? I may take a go pro if possible as well as my iPhone 7 plus. Just wondering if there's any sort of plan to capture these shows properly either by the community (TOIOU style) or by some other effort? Thoughts?

  8. #68
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    SF, SD
    Posts
    1,134
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by LOVEANDZOMBIES View Post
    Is anyone planning on filming? I may take a go pro if possible as well as my iPhone 7 plus. Just wondering if there's any sort of plan to capture these shows properly either by the community (TOIOU style) or by some other effort? Thoughts?
    Im gonna do my thing with the audio. I plan on taping Ministry and Saul Williams too, and if anybody has any requests, let me know.

  9. #69
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    305
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I might bring in either an hd cam or a recorder...or both. It usually bugs my wife, so I typically don't.

    If I can figure out an easy way to get a monopod in, I'm more likely to do video.

  10. #70
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    247
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I have a ticket. I'm going to do my best to get there as early as I can. It may be trickier than I thought when I bought the ticket. At least I have the ticket. That was half the battle.

  11. #71
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bayonne Leave It Alone
    Posts
    1,834
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Based on tonight's setlist I think I'm out for this. I was hoping for some more older, underplayed gems and it doesn't look like that's happening at all. Loving the new material though and I wished we got pretty much all of it instead of tired tracks like Survivalism & THTF for the billionth time. I think I'll stick with Panorama and sit tight till next year's headlining gigs.

  12. #72
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Whimsical wind whisperer's eardrum
    Posts
    161
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    so when this festival first posted on nin i was all over it! the band line-up screaming my name (if only in my own head...) only i have never been to Chicago and finding the intimidation factor a bit overwhelming; hitting a Chicago location solo and not being familiar with the area. Then Aftershock popped up and won my money due to location location location baby... though i am finding myself pinning for RIOT FEST over Aftershock (again everything to do with the line-up)....
    so now i guess i leave it up to fate (philosophizing that things happen for a reason)
    i am timidly exploring airfare, driving options, then hotels; but will leave it up to extra ticket/bailing/ life happens- madness in ETS-dom for the ticket (with desire of upper VIP echelons) Hey if i have to meet up with someone to purchase a ticket then that will be one more person that i will know once i get there...lol
    RIOT FEST; you have the best fucking band line-up out of these festivals so far!



    how can one not have an erection when looking at this menu?
    Nine Inch Nails, Queens of the Stone Age, Jawbreaker, New Order, Paramore, Prophets of Rage, M.I.A., Wu-Tang Clan, Mike D, A Day To Remember, At the Drive In, Danzig, Gogol Bordello, Taking Back Sunday, Dirty Heads, Vic Mensa, TV on the Radio, Ministry, Dinosaur Jr., New Found Glory, FIDLAR, Bad Brains, Death From Above 1979, Action Bronson, Pennywise, Built to Spill, X, Peaches, The Lawrence Arms, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, The Orwells, Bayside, Say Anything, Mayday Parade, Best Coast, Cap'n Jazz, The Cribs, Dead Cross, Streetlight Manifesto, Minus the Bear, The Menzingers, LIARS, GWAR, Buzzcocks, GBH, Real Friends, Hot Water Music, Shabazz Palaces, Andrew W.K., Fishbone, The Story So Far, State Champs, Four Year Strong, INVSN, Beach Slang, that dog., Knuckle Puck, Black Pistol Fire, Chon, Slaves (UK), The Hotelier, Mad Caddies, The Flatliners, Dessa, Cockney Rejects, Saul Williams, Versus, Engine 88, Nothing More, Radar State, Alice Bag, RVIVR, Tobacco, Seaway, Like Pacific, Sleep On It, Grayscale, Downtown Boys, The Smith Street Band, Potty Mouth, The Regrettes, Culture Abuse, Skating Polly, HDBeenDope, Gazebos, Warm Brew, Kitten Forever, Upset, Cold Beat, Gin Rummy, The Voluptuous Horror Of Karen Black, And Featuring Hellzapoppin Circus Sideshow Revue
    Last edited by Eichalvindore; 07-22-2017 at 08:14 PM.

  13. #73
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    31
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This will be my 16th show. God I am sick of festivals and I wish the lodging/transportation in the area was better too. But honestly, this is probably the best festival lineup I've seen. Another festival, another NIN/QOTSA double draw and FINALLY QOTSA getting their due as headliner.

  14. #74
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    dutch mountains
    Posts
    1,351
    Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Are there EU people making this trip to Chicago?


    Verzonden vanaf mijn iPhone met Tapatalk

  15. #75
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Whimsical wind whisperer's eardrum
    Posts
    161
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    there must've been a typo, i don't see DM or The Cure on the bill..


    i penis erection-envy all who are going to this show..
    i may end up biting the bullet, so-to-speak, for this show and just do it!
    i'll just make sure my life insurance is paid up and my will is up to date before making the plunge...
    D'oh!

  16. #76
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My wife and I will be going to NYC and This Chicago show! From MN. Cant wait!

  17. #77
    Join Date
    Nov 2013
    Location
    Chicago
    Posts
    3
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Eichalvindore View Post
    so when this festival first posted on nin i was all over it! the band line-up screaming my name (if only in my own head...) only i have never been to Chicago and finding the intimidation factor a bit overwhelming; hitting a Chicago location solo and not being familiar with the area. Then Aftershock popped up and won my money due to location location location baby... though i am finding myself pinning for RIOT FEST over Aftershock (again everything to do with the line-up)....
    so now i guess i leave it up to fate (philosophizing that things happen for a reason)
    i am timidly exploring airfare, driving options, then hotels; but will leave it up to extra ticket/bailing/ life happens- madness in ETS-dom for the ticket (with desire of upper VIP echelons) Hey if i have to meet up with someone to purchase a ticket then that will be one more person that i will know once i get there...lol
    RIOT FEST; you have the best fucking band line-up out of these festivals so far!



    how can one not have an erection when looking at this menu?
    Nine Inch Nails, Queens of the Stone Age, Jawbreaker, New Order, Paramore, Prophets of Rage, M.I.A., Wu-Tang Clan, Mike D, A Day To Remember, At the Drive In, Danzig, Gogol Bordello, Taking Back Sunday, Dirty Heads, Vic Mensa, TV on the Radio, Ministry, Dinosaur Jr., New Found Glory, FIDLAR, Bad Brains, Death From Above 1979, Action Bronson, Pennywise, Built to Spill, X, Peaches, The Lawrence Arms, The Mighty Mighty Bosstones, The Orwells, Bayside, Say Anything, Mayday Parade, Best Coast, Cap'n Jazz, The Cribs, Dead Cross, Streetlight Manifesto, Minus the Bear, The Menzingers, LIARS, GWAR, Buzzcocks, GBH, Real Friends, Hot Water Music, Shabazz Palaces, Andrew W.K., Fishbone, The Story So Far, State Champs, Four Year Strong, INVSN, Beach Slang, that dog., Knuckle Puck, Black Pistol Fire, Chon, Slaves (UK), The Hotelier, Mad Caddies, The Flatliners, Dessa, Cockney Rejects, Saul Williams, Versus, Engine 88, Nothing More, Radar State, Alice Bag, RVIVR, Tobacco, Seaway, Like Pacific, Sleep On It, Grayscale, Downtown Boys, The Smith Street Band, Potty Mouth, The Regrettes, Culture Abuse, Skating Polly, HDBeenDope, Gazebos, Warm Brew, Kitten Forever, Upset, Cold Beat, Gin Rummy, The Voluptuous Horror Of Karen Black, And Featuring Hellzapoppin Circus Sideshow Revue



    I live in Chicago. Getting to and from the festival won't be scary or dangerous due to the crowds. This festival is not in a great part of town, but there will be so many people it will be fine. I just would suggest staying in a better neighborhood if you can. Not a huge deal if you can't though.

  18. #78
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    SF, SD
    Posts
    1,134
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Really hyped for this now, but its gonna be a long 6 weeks.

  19. #79
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    305
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I have to admit. I'm going to be kinda pissed if he pulls his NY stunt and plays a smaller Chicago show during Riot Fest weekend after I spent $1300 on deluxe vip for the weekend just to try to make the overall experience easier on my wife (I won't get into that detail, just trust me it was the only way for us to make it). A single show would have been less expensive and far easier.

    How did people get on the email list for it? I definitely didn't have anything. Not like they'd know who was in NY...

    I want to make sure I'm on whatever list just in case they do a Chicago show that doesn't conflict with the fest.

  20. #80
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Bayonne Leave It Alone
    Posts
    1,834
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kargath View Post
    I have to admit. I'm going to be kinda pissed if he pulls his NY stunt and plays a smaller Chicago show during Riot Fest weekend after I spent $1300 on deluxe vip for the weekend just to try to make the overall experience easier on my wife (I won't get into that detail, just trust me it was the only way for us to make it). A single show would have been less expensive and far easier.

    How did people get on the email list for it? I definitely didn't have anything. Not like they'd know who was in NY...

    I want to make sure I'm on whatever list just in case they do a Chicago show that doesn't conflict with the fest.
    Order something from nin.com

  21. #81
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    305
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    I have.. lots of stuff. All the stuff...

    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    Order something from nin.com

  22. #82
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    In the penis'y bit.
    Posts
    176
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm in the same boat as you @kargath but hopefully 'lessthan' is still valid once we find any ticket links. :-D And of course that it's while I am still IN CHICAGO and not flying home. *curses*

  23. #83
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    305
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by m0reta View Post
    I'm in the same boat as you @kargath but hopefully 'lessthan' is still valid once we find any ticket links. :-D And of course that it's while I am still IN CHICAGO and not flying home. *curses*
    That's okay. I got foolied (no foolies!) the worst back in 2005.

    First show announced in years..Coachella. Being from Chicago, I had never heard of such a thing, but since no tour was announced at the time..sure, why not look into it.

    I asked the girl I had just started dating (now my wife) if she'd want to go. To my surprise she immediately said yes. So we also decide to spend the week after in L.A. since neither of us had been there before.

    A few weeks after these plans are solidified...of course..they're playing TWO SHOWS in Chicago during that week.. dicks.

    I mean..wtf..who schedules a tour to jump from California to Chicago a few days apart.

    On the plus side, we enjoyed the Coachella experience and went back for 06, 07 & 10. It's just gotten way too expensive to keep that up, plus...I dunno..it's not the same as it was those first couple years.

  24. #84
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Cincinnati, OH
    Posts
    247
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I'm just going to have to put hope in that scheduled tour next year. Unless something were closer to my house, there's no way I'd get to go without planning ahead. But I live where the bands I like tend to skip. Therefore, I hope the Riot Fest show is enough to make up for it until next year. As long as things go well and there is a tour. I'm not a big festival person. I love New Order, too, though. That was enough to get me to buy a ticket. And to hope three months of healing from surgery is enough.

  25. #85
    Join Date
    Jul 2017
    Location
    MN
    Posts
    18
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    This is going to be so fun. Went to panorama just for nin. At least at this fest there are other rock / metal bands. Stoked for Ministry! Would be cool if they added a show but hopefully were still in town not driving back. (flying back like we did w NYC.)

  26. #86
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    8,995
    Mentioned
    711 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kargath View Post
    back in 2005.

    First show announced in years..Coachella.

    I mean..wtf..who schedules a tour to jump from California to Chicago a few days apart..
    My Husband and I did '05 Coachella PLUS the two shows at the Congress.

  27. #87
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    8,995
    Mentioned
    711 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by darkreverend View Post
    I live in Chicago. Getting to and from the festival won't be scary or dangerous due to the crowds. This festival is not in a great part of town, but there will be so many people it will be fine. I just would suggest staying in a better neighborhood if you can. Not a huge deal if you can't though.
    There are no hotels in that neighborhood (North Lawndale). Uber or limo is how everybody does this.

  28. #88
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Chicago, IL
    Posts
    305
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    My Husband and I did '05 Coachella PLUS the two shows at the Congress.
    Salt in the wound!

  29. #89
    Join Date
    Jun 2017
    Location
    Whimsical wind whisperer's eardrum
    Posts
    161
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    i found a hostel approx 5.3 miles away near Lincoln Park. I'm guessing i'd just 'uber' it? also I've never stayed at a hostel before.
    though I'm not sure to book anything at this point. maybe i'll wait to get a ticket first...?
    lol
    Last edited by Eichalvindore; 08-03-2017 at 01:48 AM.

  30. #90
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Northwest Indiana
    Posts
    1,699
    Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    I'm more than a bit concerned about how my dumb body is going to hold up at an all day likely hot outdoor show (injured my ankle recently but it seems to be healing; neuropathy is the real bastard) but fuck it, I'm in anyway. Excited to see Ministry and New Order for the first time and the ninth time for NIN. Would be happy to do a meet up with ETS people too. Let me know.
    Last edited by Swykk; 08-03-2017 at 06:47 AM.

Posting Permissions