Page 1 of 12 1 2 3 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump Indictment watch/legal woes

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Trump Indictment watch/legal woes

Looming Trump charges threaten to inject chaos into 2024 campaign

Every day I keep hearing that Trump is "about" to be indicted. How long is this going to take?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GulDukat View Post
    Looming Trump charges threaten to inject chaos into 2024 campaign

Every day I keep hearing that Trump is "about" to be indicted. How long is this going to take?
    I know right? It's obvious there's plenty of evidence to charge him with all the shit he's done. Someone needs to pull the trigger.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Looking forward to his mugshot.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)
    His arrest might be imminent if this is anything to go by, whether it's Tuesday or not who knows but Trump's diaper must be fully loaded right now.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Based on today's tantrum, I see some people doing something really stupid next week.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)

Trump Indictment watch/legal woes

well doing stupid things seems to be the hallmark of trump patriots. who’s gonna do anything? the ones who didn’t get arrested for J6? he’s burning thru that kind of support.

inciting people won’t look good to a judge tho. where’s my popcorn?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Have you seen his Truth Social page? Yikes.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    I'm not getting my hopes up and I'll believe it when I see it, BUT it is nice to see him having a public meltdown. I honestly doubt anything of ACTUAL consequence will happen (because seriously, how many fucking times did we think "surely, THIS will be his undoing," only for it to amount to nothing), but if it does... oh man, would that be awesome!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    what's funny about his tantrums is that even if he is indicted & convicted for this or ANY of the various crimes that are working their way through the system, he will NEVER see a day in jail so who gives a shit? Pay your fines and continue to lie that everyone is against you & it's all a big conspiracy/lies. That's what you've been doing ever since you started running for office anyway.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    That “Trump has been indicted/arrested” notification is gonna hit like fucking crack.

I am worried about what his followers might do, but this a long time coming.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    what's funny about his tantrums is that even if he is indicted & convicted for this or ANY of the various crimes that are working their way through the system, he will NEVER see a day in jail so who gives a shit? Pay your fines and continue to lie that everyone is against you & it's all a big conspiracy/lies. That's what you've been doing ever since you started running for office anyway.
    Maybe it will prevent him from running again in 2024, and maybe that's enough.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    As much as I keep hating to say it b/c of how detestable he is, I WANT him to be the Repub nominee. Yes it would excruciating to have to deal with him campaigning again, but he will easily lose to Biden, and most other Dem candidates (not Kamala Harris though)...especially if he has an ongoing indictment(s) against him. Desantis is still too much of a question mark for me to prefer him to be the candidate over Trump.

Biden won in a squeaker last time if you are going by just his margin of electoral vote victory in the consequential swing states. but that was before 1/6, the neverending lies about rigged elections & now whatever criminal cases materialize against him. Plus, Biden would have the incumbency, which swings alot of power your way & is a big reason Trump was able to keep it close last time. I think Trump would go down in flames in the election if he wins the Repub primary, which as of now it seems he would still win over Desantis...although of course its way early & things could def. change.
    Last edited by bobbie solo; 03-18-2023 at 07:37 PM.

Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    I’ll believe it when I see it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    What would really be enough is form him to lose to DeSantis in a primary. The resulting kicking and screaming match would probably actually tear the Republican party in two

Mentioned
    113 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bobbie solo View Post
    what's funny about his tantrums is that even if he is indicted & convicted for this or ANY of the various crimes that are working their way through the system, he will NEVER see a day in jail so who gives a shit?
    According to the CNN article I read, one of the potential federal crimes he might be charged with ("falsifying a [business] record with the intent to commit another crime or to aid or conceal another crime"), is a Class E felony that carries a mandatory one year minimum, so it could more than just a fine.

Well, one of the "funny" things is that there is literally no law or requirement that a presidential candidate cannot be under indictment or even in prison. He could literally be in prison and be elected president.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    There's also the fundamental question of what it means to be "arrested in this context. Is it a little song and dance where the guy goes in cuffs for a couple hours and then goes home at night with and order to appear on court some day eventually?

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    There's also the fundamental question of what it means to be "arrested in this context. Is it a little song and dance where the guy goes in cuffs for a couple hours and then goes home at night with and order to appear on court some day eventually?
    Odds are good he never even gets the cuffs. Printed, photo'd, processed, appears before a judge, sent home to return later.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I'm fully expecting a whole lot of nothing

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by M1ke View Post
    Printed, photo'd, processed, appears before a judge, sent home to return later.
    I'm sure his mugshot will look good on the fundraising emails his team sends out the same day.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I say there's even odds there's an email ready to go with a fake mugshot.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    The Trump mugshot will be an iconic piece of pop-culture, greater than Elvis/Nixon shaking hands.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    They’re already making them:

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    They’re already making them:

Probably won't have a "perp walk."

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Here is what a Trump arrest would look like.

Some interesting things to note:

He may be handcuffed

In NY, mugshots are not released to the public, but his could be leaked

Trump will make a campaign stop in Waco, Texas on 3/25 and he is "expected to keep his normal campaign schedule."

It will likely take at least a year until a trial
    Last edited by GulDukat; 03-20-2023 at 11:57 AM.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    I want him handcuffed. I want him treated like the fucking criminal he is. I'm getting a teeny tiny bit sick of how we can't do anything to this guy because he was president. Isn't that the point? Shouldn't the "most powerful person in the world" be held to an even greater set of standards?

The thing they're getting him for here is the lamest of all the charges you could bring though.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    The revolutionary war does seem pointless, now doesn't it?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    But what about Hillary Clinton? Says McCarthy.

And I love his quote about protesting:

"I don't think people should protest this, no," he said. "I think President Trump, if you talked to him, he doesn't believe that either. I think the thing that you may misinterpret when President Trump talks, when someone says they can protest, he's probably referring to my tweet. Educate people about what's going on. He's not talking in a harmful way, and nobody should."
    Riggggggggght.