I have debated with myself if I even wanted to bother starting this thread, because frankly, I don't have the energy. I'm more of a lurker on the "In The Headlines" Forum. I read all the posts, I agree with the majority of you and roll my eyes at some of the posts by certain members. I usually post in the Music forum because that is really where my head is at and I don't have to spend hours fact checking before I post something and even still with my knowledge of music, there are times I still get it wrong over there. However if you noticed I said "Fact Checking", yes I like to get what I am posting accurately, even if a lot of the times, I'm joking but jokes are only funny if their set up is based in reality.

In the age of Trump whenever he is challenged he screams "Fake News" and "Watch FOX and Friends", if you ask me FOX NEWS is the originator of Fake News, but that is my personal opinion and to quote George Clooney as Seth "From Dusk Til Dawn" "and I don't give a fuck about yours".

A little back ground on me I am very liberal, very liberal, I don't get into the whole politically correct thing because sometimes it goes too far. I look at the three cable news channels as FOX NEWS (Republican to Alt. Right), CNN (I see them as middle of the road, they have republicans on there they allow them to say their piece just like the democrats) and MSNBC (Democrat, liberal sometimes very liberal). In my opinion all three of them are FUCKED UP!!!! for different reasons. All three channels really are not doing the news, but are doing editorial, it's opinion based formats, with so called expert panels of left and right panelists yelling at each other and talking over each other, which is usually when I change the channel.

I'll be honest I can barely stand watching FOX NEWS for more then ten minutes, so other members here can talk about that one.

CNN in a lot of ways is fucking ridiculous! How many times a day does that "Breaking NEWS" banner flash across the screen, The over use of "Breaking news" when its not breaking news is to sell commercial time, but ironically, if you can remember back to 911, when it was really breaking news, CNN wasn't breaking to commercial. So here is a tip if its hardcore breaking news, there won't be any commercials. If they are going to commercial its not breaking news.
Does anybody remember Malaysia Airlines MH370, March 8 2014, CNN locked on this story like a dog with a milk bone. They wouldn't let up for nearly two months that is all they talked about .The Breaking News banner was flashing every two seconds and they had nothing new to report, it was wild speculation with a panel of experts that were drawing conclusions on what they think could have happened to the missing plane, that a young child could draw the same conclusions. CNN is fucking ridiculous and they need to give the breaking news banner a rest and only use it when it is actually breaking news. There is so much more I could say about CNN but I am sure you guys have contributions to make on this subject.

Okay MSNBC, I am a liberal and I am going to fucking lay into them. They are the liberal channel, Why the fuck for a year and half straight during the primaries and the election campaign did they give Donald Trump a break in scheduled programming to televise his rally's. I get it ratings wise FOX NEWS is kicking your ass, and kicking CNN's ass, you know FOX is going to televise the Trump rallies, CNN I can see doing it, but why MSNBC???? The idiots at MSNBC gave Trump a billion dollars worth of free Campaign advertising and I blame them for helping to elect the IDIOT TRUMP. So FOX NEWS is kicking your ass in the ratings so do exactly the same thing that they are doing, to your liberal audience. It's not like Trump for a year and half straight said anything different it was the same shit at all his rallies. Feel free to discuss that one.
Next if you have ever had the displeasure of watching Morning Joe on MSNBC I fucking hate both of them Joe Scarborough and Mika Brezizinski it is the worst show and I am so glad just this weekend SNL attacked them.

here is the link to the SNL skit

Okay I left FOX NEWS wide open for you guys to comment. Even though I posted the SNL Morning Joe skit, I want this to be a serious discussion of the media, fake news and media outlets because if we continue down this path nobody is going to trust the media anymore and I don't think anybody does now. This is becoming a real problem in the United States and the general public feels manipulated by the media. Also comment on any media not just the three cable news outlets

I ask one thing of all of you, this is a really divisive subject matter, its okay to have different opinions from each other, but don't start attacking each other personally because you don't agree with somebody. Lets try and have an adult discussion about this, because it really is a problem. Chances are I will bail on this thread and just go back to reading it, because I can't be bothered fact checking everything and go back to the music forum.

Thank you.