Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5

Thread: The Media, Fake News, Fox, CNN, MSNBC and any other media outlets, Trust No One

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    Hah, I like that their attempt to smear WaPo as "fake news" has completely backfired and instead the paper's reputation has been strengthened by this. Everyone's like "Wow, this really shows that WaPo is the real deal." lol
    Eh, I wouldn't be so sure. I tend to think there are three groups of people when it comes to media literacy:

1) People smart enough to recognize good and well-researched journalism (they already knew WaPo was legit)
    2) People who just don't give a shit either way (they're not even reading this story)
    3) People who would believe that this story is itself a planted piece against conservatives, funded by a liberal version of Project Veritas, and of course aren't even reading the story because it's on the Fake Washington Post.

Group Three scares the shit out of me. Group Two just makes me sad.
    Last edited by theimage13; 11-28-2017 at 02:37 PM.

Mentioned
    58 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    3) People who would believe that this story is itself a planted piece against conservatives, funded by a liberal version of Project Veritas
    Hmmm, okay, but what if this so-called "liberal version of Project Veritas" is ACTUALLY a conservative group PRETENDING to be this liberal group so that they can then pretend to be "exposed" as a gang of schemers who posed as Project Veritas in an effort to make Project Veritas look bad. Think about it.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Mantra View Post
    Hmmm, okay, but what if this so-called "liberal version of Project Veritas" is ACTUALLY a conservative group PRETENDING to be this liberal group so that they can then pretend to be "exposed" as a gang of schemers who posed as Project Veritas in an effort to make Project Veritas look bad. Think about it.
    I hate you.

Nuh-uh times infinity.

+1

Check. Mate.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Eh, I wouldn't be so sure. I tend to think there are three groups of people when it comes to media literacy:

1) People smart enough to recognize good and well-researched journalism (they already knew WaPo was legit)
    2) People who just don't give a shit either way (they're not even reading this story)
    3) People who would believe that this story is itself a planted piece against conservatives, funded by a liberal version of Project Veritas, and of course aren't even reading the story because it's on the Fake Washington Post.

Group Three scares the shit out of me. Group Two just makes me sad.
    O'Keeffe should be in jail hackers have been imprisoned for less instigation is not free speach!
    -Louie

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    A friend of mine linked me to a video rant about shitty modern art. I guess it was some Breitbart talking head. Now, every recommended video on YouTube is something like "SJW has major meltdown!!!" or "male student DESTROYS feminist teacher with facts!!!"

is their suggestion algorithm really that weak?

also READ THIS
    we are so fucked

https://medium.com/the-graph/youtube...s-3a2f643dea9a
    Last edited by Jinsai; 12-05-2017 at 05:31 AM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    YT's algorithm is why I hate watching anything on there. I watch a trailer on something that isn't the official channel and I get tons of bullshit recommendations. Ugh.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    YouTube is terrible and has always been terrible. I can't stand it, and I generally only search through it as a last resort.