Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: The Walled Off Hotel

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Extracting the original audio (with metadata) from the "Green Lines" video posted on the Null Corp channel gives an interesting result:

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Extracting the original audio (with metadata) from the "Green Lines" video posted on the Null Corp channel gives an interesting result:

wait, does it mean that the output file you get when exporting a video still maintains all the metadata in the audio channel? I didn't know that... So what happens if there are two audio tracks in the same timeline/export?

Sorry for being a bit off topic. Nice find!

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenic View Post
    wait, does it mean that the output file you get when exporting a video still maintains all the metadata in the audio channel? I didn't know that... So what happens if there are two audio tracks in the same timeline/export?
    Sorry for being a bit off topic. Nice find!
    Mmhh ? encapsulation kinda works like zip, obvioulsy why would it remove metadata when it can add even more ?
    I don't get your dual audio question, sorry.

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninjaw View Post
    Mmhh ? encapsulation kinda works like zip, obvioulsy why would it remove metadata when it can add even more ?
    I don't get your dual audio question, sorry.
    @arsenic

That's the ticket. I've been using the free version of 4K Video Downloader for simplicity, but something like youtube-dl or jDownloader2 gives more options as far as adding metadata (YouTube description, PURL, etc.)

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    @ninjaw @Jon

I have no idea why but I always thought that, when exporting a video, premiere/FC/avid/etc would do a video+audio mixdown and the exported result would be two flattened video+audio files held together in a container/codec - hence my question about losing the metadata. I did not know that in fact the audio track and metadata would be still intact. Sorry for the dumb question.

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by arsenic View Post
    @ninjaw @Jon

I have no idea why but I always thought that, when exporting a video, premiere/FC/avid/etc would do a video+audio mixdown and the exported result would be two flattened video+audio files held together in a container/codec - hence my question about losing the metadata. I did not know that in fact the audio track and metadata would be still intact. Sorry for the dumb question.
    Oh you're right: youtube are encoding, but yes they choose to keep some metadata

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Is there any new regarding this at all? I wouldn't really expect someone to have audio of this, but there is no word on what songs were performed? Is this still going on now? I can't seem to find any info on this other than the official page stating that they are "performing" every night at 8:00.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    The hotel will be opened till the end of this year, so I guess we will get the music then