Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Star Wars Episode IX

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hell yes! Now they're going to bring back and then kill Lando! Disney puts so much love into their handling of the classic characters.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximilian View Post
    Hell yes! Now they're going to bring back and then kill Lando! Disney puts so much love into their handling of the classic characters.
    Yah brah, it’s almost like they’re trying to establish new and interesting characters while giving the old guard meaningful ends or something...weird!

Whiny fanboys: WE WANT THE ORIGINAL CAST KICKING ASS!

Disney and rational SW fans: But...but, they’re all elderly now. We’ve got these new interesting char...

WF (interrupting, Mountain Dew kicking in and meatball sub crumbs spraying the air as they yell): WE WANT BADASS CHARACTERS!

D and rational SW fans: Well, we had Leia survive being in space and use the force to get back inside then we had Luke use the force as never before to allow the remaining rebels to escape.

WF: DUMB MARY POPPINS SHIT. LUKE WAS TOTES NOT LUKE!

D and rational SW fans: Maybe you don’t recall the original trilogy where he whines and doubts himself much of the time or that we wrote that he’d isolated himself because he thought killing Ben was a good idea so he wouldn’t go dark side but in the process made sure he did turn evil. Luke blamed himself and fucked off. How is this difficult to get?!

WF: Well, like, the new characters are diverse SJWs so we don’t like em!

D and rational SW fans: Oh fuck off. You Gamergate fans are embarrassing. You never really got SW to begin with so you really aren’t even fans. Maybe try watching a different movie? Thanks!
    Last edited by Swykk; 07-10-2018 at 08:04 AM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    In Disney's defence (not like they need it) they've only off'd 2 characters. Leia is out of their hands (i'm pretty sure they'd have kept her about, plus Luke is likely to Force Ghost his way in somehow...Yodas been doing that for decades!) I've enjoyed all the new SW's and Marvel movies, and most films that have released this year, so i'm looking forward to what happens next...it's a good time to be a film fan (...well for me at least)

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Maximilian View Post
    They won't kill off Lando, he's a minority. /s

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Yah brah, it’s almost like they’re trying to establish new and interesting characters while giving the old guard meaningful ends or something...weird!

Whiny fanboys: WE WANT THE ORIGINAL CAST KICKING ASS!
    What they really meant: Rey is a girl, girls are weak, she's can't be the main protagonist.

A lot of this Star Wars backlash is ridiculous, I agree.

Having strong female protagonists is what made the first Star Wars unique. Princess Leia, although a "Princess", was from the jump a strong female character who took shit from nobody and handled her business. I don't think the new Star Wars films are groundbreaking (def better than the prequels) and I get that TFA is basically a rehash of ANH, but you can't please everybody.
    Sometimes I feel like they should have just rehashed TESB and they would have been better off. Oh wait, the bad guys have the numbers and the rebels are on the run in TLJ. Hey, that sounds a little familiar. You know besides Rey's lineage not being a big reveal (fanboys cry). We do know that Kylo Ren told Rey this, it doesn't have to be true and even if it isn't so be it. Let them finish their story and then sort it out.

Mentioned
    83 Post(s)
    FYI: I have a friend who just didn’t like TLJ. He’s not one of the whiny fanboys; it just didn’t work for him. He thinks the hatred and remake campaigns are sad.

So it’s okay to not like the movie. It’s not okay to be a whiny Gamergate troll and harass Tran, Ridley, Johnson, and so on.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    FYI: I have a friend who just didn’t like TLJ. He’s not one of the whiny fanboys; it just didn’t work for him. He thinks the hatred and remake campaigns are sad.

So it’s okay to not like the movie. It’s not okay to be a whiny Gamergate troll and harass Tran, Ridley, Johnson, and so on.
    Fully agree! I have friends who didn't like TLJ (or Rouge One) but it was for movie reasons (just wasn't as good as TFA for them)
    It's OK to not like films/TV/games, it's NOT OK to take that as a personal attack on yourself and harass/attack the people who made them/stared in them. Stop it.

Now back to the topic at hand, so how will Billy D find a way to transform himself into his younger Donald Glover self in the film? Answers on a postcard.