Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: The #EvanStrong Project

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

The #EvanStrong Project

Hey guys I could really really use your help.

My brother in law has an amazing son named Evan, he has hydrocephalus. I pulled this off google but basically "Hydrocephalus is a condition that occurs when fluid builds up in the skull and causes the brain to swell. The name means “water on the brain.” Brain damage can occur as a result of the fluid buildup."

Little dude has been through some shit, his 3rd shunt has just failed (a shunt is a physical tube/device that helps drain the brain fluid into the stomach, this is done naturally with folks not suffering from this condition). When a shunt fails fluid starts building up in the brain causing BAD things to happen.

The little guy just had his 6th brain surgery and he's 4 fucking years old, obviously this has started to take a heavy emotional toll on his fantastic parents and we were looking to do something for them.

ETS is fantastic, full of amazing people from different background from all over the world. You guys have probably seen similar projects but what I'm requesting is those of you that live near recognizable places (like the Eiffel Tower or Times Square) to hold up a small piece of paper that says #evanstrong on it with that place in the background. If you would like you could include a note or similar well wish along with it. After we collect enough the wife and I will be putting these photographs and notes into a book to give to Evans mom and dad.

Sorry if this is weird, but this would mean so much to me and my wife.

Thank you ❤️

PS: basically I'm looking for a picture like this, but with a recognizable location in the background
    Last edited by tony.parente; 04-16-2017 at 09:26 PM.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    UPDATE: Got pics at Willis tower, the 9/11 memorial and the Statue of Liberty so far from outside of ETS.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    https://imgur.com/gallery/9JFhb

Theres an album of the shots I got so far. Yo @Ryan do you live near anything australian? Do we have anyone here who live in any other continents? It could just be a beach or a city skyline.
    Last edited by tony.parente; 04-17-2017 at 07:05 PM.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    https://imgur.com/gallery/9JFhb

Theres an album of the shots I got so far. Yo @Ryan do you live near anything australian? Do we have anyone here who live in any other continents? It could just be a beach or a city skyline.
    Do I live near anything Australian? lmao

Why yes, yes I do. I'll get back to ya soon. Lovely idea. I hope the little guy pulls through.

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Do I live near anything Australian? lmao

Why yes, yes I do. I'll get back to ya soon. Lovely idea. I hope the little guy pulls through.
    Thanks bby <3

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    My neighbor has it, she has had over 120 surgeries... I know how tough this can be. I don't think you want one of anything in Detroit. But I am going to NYC this weekend and would definitely do this for you!

Sending positive vibes to the little guy.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    When I read the name it reminded me of this Jon Crosby solo song (VAST) called Evan. While I think the lyrical content of the song is about standing by someone confused about their sexuality, the sentiment of love in the song is still relevant I think:

https://www.google.com.au/amp/s/www....rosby/Evan/amp

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    My neighbor has it, she has had over 120 surgeries... I know how tough this can be. I don't think you want one of anything in Detroit. But I am going to NYC this weekend and would definitely do this for you!

Sending positive vibes to the little guy.
    A city skyline photo would be fine in Detroit! The main goal is to show that there are people all over the world sending positive thoughts and love. Heck it could be a street sign that says Detroit or something and it would be fine!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I'm sorry, that is a terrible thing for your brother to have to deal with. Will be sure to get one or two here in Edinburgh for you!

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Hey folks, friendly reminder this exists. Do we have any members in Paris that could snap a pic by the Eiffel Tower? Any friends near the Grand Canyon, Mount Rushmore, Egyptian pyramids, the Seattle skyline, any cities in Japan, China, Korea etc?

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Got new ones from the White House, washington monument and a college in Palestine. Still none from Ets (well, haz contributed lol)

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Got one from Saudi Arabia today. Still no ETS folks. Kinda disappointed, abandoning this thread.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    I'll be doing mine tomorrow.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    tony, i am going to be in toronto tomorrow, so will be doing mine then.
    i didn't think a sign for this shit kicking town would be as cool as one from toronto, but i rarely head to the city.
    will send on sunday, when i am back.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)

@tony.parente

TAKE YOUR PICK, LEL

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    Thanks @Ryan and @Lew ❤️❤️❤️