Likes Likes:  0
Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Life (space horror)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Life (space horror)

Sci Fi space horror starring Jake "such acting" Gyllenhal and Ryan "so handsome so funny" Reynolds.

I don't expect this thread to go over 1 page but it's a movie, it's out and maybe you want to watch it.

It is pretty much Gravity meets Alien. 2.5-3 out of 5. I wouldn't break an appointment to see it but if you are having a quiet evening at home or have a cheap theatre near you then it is worth seeing. There is nothing new here. That isnt a knock against it. It's a cool by the numbers space horror flick. It's unfortunate that the 2nd trailer revealed as much as it did. The new youtube ads spoil it further.

Did you see it? Did you like it?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I enjoyed this quite a bit. The creature design is cool and it's smart and vicious as fuck. It does borrow a lot of elements from Alien but I think the cast elevates it. The ending is also fucking great.

And yeah, try to go in not seeing the trailers. They do give a lot away.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    This thread doesn't make me want to see this.

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Glad I saw the other trailers after the movie, they indeed spoil pretty much everything.

I actually liked the movie quite a bit, although I share the sentiment that it is indeed Alien meets Gravity. Guess you have to have a fling for sci-fi/alien B-movies, but I thought it was rather well put together with a fairly thight script, good actors and a very well fleshed out creature (nothing really new, but it was very well built up and indeed rather terryifing in parts).

And I really liked some questions that this movie put on the table although they are not mindbending or discussion worthy, yet they get you thinking. I also liked the setting on the ISS that put a more realistic and grounded perspective on the genre.

Oh and did they really copy the introduction of the ship from Prometheus?