Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Logan

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)

Logan

This really deserves its own thread rather than be lumped in with Apocalypse.

I saw it again tonight, and nearly died from choking back the tears.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Thanks for starting this thread, my laziness got in the way. Found it interesting that the writers from Apocalypse and Logan didn't really know about either film adding the character, and once Mangold found out, it was too late. This is one aspect of the X-men universe that drives me insane... the inconsistency of the characters and how they live in this universe. It really needs a complete overhaul.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Saw it a third time today. Cried again.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Yeah, it still carries that same punch to the gut on the 3rd or 4th viewing (I work in a theater, so I get to watch it on my break). This is by far my favorite in the X-Men series and the best superhero film released in quite some time. Just thinking about certain scenes brings tears to my eyes.

Oh, and The Man Comes Around is a GREAT way to bring the credits in.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I just seen the film. I LOVED it and found it absolutely phenomenal. I know there's lots of complaints about pacing and filler stuff (farmhouse sssshhhhh) but I thought it flowed amazingly. I was really intrigued and loved the depiction of desolation and dread.

Spoiler: You can tell there was a "doomsday clock" if you will from the very start of the film. The minutes ticked and made it that much more frantic as the plot progressed. I really felt and cared for the cast, especially the children when we found out and met them. As I said above, I loved the constant creeping dread as the trio are pursued. Lots of shocking moments but by far the most surprising to me was Xavier's death at the Wolverine clone (mimic/clone?) in bed. Pretty heart wrenching spilling his guts of how much he enjoyed the evening to be killed by a lookalike of his friend. Pretty hard stuff.

The final scenes with Wolverine's impalement and death were pretty nerve wracking. Very somber tone and way to end the film with a shot of his rock piled grave. Him and X-23 had care and (maybe) love at the end of the film for each other, which I really liked with both character's turn around from the start of the film to the end. X-23 from an emotionless, lonely killing machine to a sweeter, more happier "normal" child. With Logan coming from broken, hollowed shell of a man wishing for his death to a once again heroic man that cared for other people other than his own pity in the end.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    This was seriously good, VERY GOOD movie, the best since The Revenant for me, maybe even better.