Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Samurai Jack

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

Samurai Jack

It feels absolutely glorious to have just seen a new episode of Samurai Jack. First episode was great, and seeing Jack in disarray is interesting. The wait for the next episode is going to be painful, but at the same time, I'm dreading the end since this is the final season. Good to have closure, but I kind of wish it were a bit longer than 10 episode.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I didn't watch it though I was interested and watched the show way back when on Cartoon Network. Was it really that good?

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I think so. First episode is setting everything up. It's a bit darker, edgier, but it doesn't feel unnatural or over the top.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Decided to start from the beginning and see if I can manage to catch up between now and next weekend. I'm on episode 3 of the first season and nostalgia is FLOODING my veins. Not to mention I was too young to even recognize some of the awesome storytelling and editing - the IMMENSE use of silence/minimal or no spoken lines. I can't wait to see where the show went after I dropped off at some point, because this scratches the itch for me aesthetically.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Oh man, the new episode. It's too bad Mako is gone, but I think Greg Baldwin did a decent job as Aku.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    New episode was great as expected. What an ending!

Been revisiting the previous 4 seasons in between the new episodes and it's somehow better than I remember. The animation was great then and they've only improved on it with season 5. The color palette and atmosphere is really on point, too (that rain!)

I love this show.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)