Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Ozark: Netflix TV series

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)

Ozark: Netflix TV series

This Netflix original deserves discussion. Season 2 was released on Netflix August 31, 2018.

I rarely recommend shows because everyone has their own preference, but this show is very well written and the production is top notch with intelligently and well thought out scenes, camera placement, lighting, and colour saturation based on the scene... which I don't see that often. The cast were born for their roles.

Additionally the soundtracks are very reminiscent of TR/AR scores. Eerie, gloomy, synthetic sounds that resemble the instruments used by TR/AR.

Get through episode 1 and 2 and the show starts revealing itself, I was hooked by ep3.

PLOT

Financial planner Marty Byrde suddenly relocates the family from the Chicago suburb of Naperville to Osage Beach, a summer resort community in the Missouri Ozarks after a money laundering scheme goes wrong, and he must make amends to a Mexican drug cartel by setting up a bigger laundering operation in the Ozarks. When the Byrdes arrive in Missouri, they become entangled with local criminals including the Langmores and Snells

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    My girl and I were hooked by episode 1
    Amazing show

Kinda reminds me of Breaking Bad, one of those step normal family man steps into the criminal world and watch his life go on a downward spiral sorta thing

Netflix's Bloodline was also like that

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    the pilot for this show was pretty damn engrossing. Part. that one part. death scene. Hooked me right away too.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Season 2 was good. Show is so well acted. But man the intricacies of the plot really do not hold up to scrutiny once you think about them. Moreso this season, especially everything with the baby and with Cade's various small crimes just being ignored.

I love how Marty is such a sociopath.

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    Season 3 coming out March 27! Sweet~!

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I was starting to get worried! S2 ended pretty bitching!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ickyvicky View Post
    Season 3 coming out March 27! Sweet~!

Mentioned
    108 Post(s)
    With everything that's going on, I totally forgot Season 3 is out now. I even had it on my Google calendar too, haha. *smh* Anyone started watching it yet - is it good?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I like it way better than S2, finished it last night.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    On episode 7, and loving yet. Def better than S2, which I did enjoy. But this season has momentum and quite tense throughout. It doesn't let up, keeps things moving. My friend who loves the show and finished S3 said it was the best season. Got 4 episodes to go. Gonna finished it tonight.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Only four episodes in, but S3 is amazing. Might be better than the first.
    Last edited by Archive_Reports; 04-10-2020 at 06:03 AM.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Finished S3 last night, it was fantastic. The wait for S4 is gonna be loooooooooooong

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    THAT. FUCKING. ENDING.

Give me season 4 now

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Only recently got into this, after first episode wasn't sure, but binge watching first 4 or so definitely helped. Season 2 was good and ended well. Will season 3 keep it up,need to keep changing to keep it interesting but not be same problems, new situations.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    God. Damn.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Just finished season 3, and firstly, best season of the show BY FAR, and secondly, I am DEVASTATED that it's probably going to be 2022 at the earliest before season 4.

I need one more season before I can comfortably say this show has beaten Breaking Bad at it's own game, but fuck man, I am VERY close to it.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Is this worth the hype? I keep hearing a lot of polarizing opinions.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Self.Destructive.Pattern View Post
    It is a great show. I put it up there with Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul. It is tense. This third season was amazing.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Abso-fucking-lutely.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Abso-fucking-lutely.
    My sister had the same exact comment. I'm on episode 3 of S1 right now and it's pretty good so far. Seems like a slow burn?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    My sister had the same exact comment. I'm on episode 3 of S1 right now and it's pretty good so far. Seems like a slow burn?
    It's one of those shows like Breaking Bad and Better Call Saul where things begin to spiral out of control.

Netflix's Bloodline is another pretty good one.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    It's a slow burn until suddenly it's not. Then every episode feels like you're on the autobahn. The tension gets REEEEAL.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Looking forward to the sweats! Bloodline I couldn't get through; I fell alseep every time I tried watching it.

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Looking forward to the sweats! Bloodline I couldn't get through; I fell alseep every time I tried watching it.
    I really enjoyed Bloodline to start off but, by the end of the first season, I had completely checked out.

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)
    Ok... I'm 4 episodes in and I cannot stop. You were all right, fam!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Ozark S3 > Better Call Saul S5

Yea, I said it.
    I enjoyed both, but Ozark took the lead by keeping the tension up all season. Also, the direction of this series is great.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Not bad, not bad

Netflix’s third season of its Jason Bateman-starring crime series Ozark appears to have not only seen the biggest rise in reviews for the series, but also a significant jump in viewership with an average of 8.7 million viewers in the first ten days following its premiere, according to The Hollywood Reporter.

The viewership numbers from Nielsen indicates a 74 percent increase over the average audience for the show’s second season, which saw five million viewers over its first 10 days in August 2018, with the research company also revealing 16.4 million people watched at least the first few minutes of the season compared to season 2’s 11 million people.

Nielsen also revealed that the opening day for Ozark was much bigger than the viral hit docuseries Tiger King: Murder, Mayhem and Madness, with the former garnering an average of 975,000 viewers while the latter brought in 280,000 on its premiere. The Emmy-winning crime drama also topped the opening-day viewership for the most recent seasons of Mindhunter (395,000) and Orange is the New Black (536,000). Though no word has been revealed on whether the streaming service has greenlit a fourth season for the series, chances appear to be getting better given the larger ratings and reviews from critics, sure to satiate fans left on edge after the third season’s pulse-pounding cliffhanger.

https://www.comingsoon.net/tv/news/1...ewership-boost

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    THank you so much, @chuckrh , for turning me on to this one.

He mentioned anticipating the third season, and the wife and i gave the first season a go, and promptly binged all 3.

It IS worth the hype.
    I wasn't interested, at first, because it looked like a Breaking Bad ripoff.
    And yes, it's a similar premise.
    Yet, still, it's fucking amazing.

Mentioned
    89 Post(s)
    Season 3 was pretty good. The only qualm I had was the story line about the crazy brother. Ruthie is naughty & sassy!

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by chuckrh View Post
    Season 3 was pretty good. The only qualm I had was the story line about the crazy brother. Ruthie is naughty & sassy!
    As crazy as he was, he was also almost the most sane of them.