Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9

Thread: Not The Actual Events - Physical Edition variations

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    Did anyone figure out how to open the envelope with the most minimum amount of damage? Haven't opened it yet and want to make sure I can display the envelope as well.
    Not sure if i'm late, but it's easy to peel off the sticker without ruining it.

Peel off one corner very carefully, just enough so you have enough to pick it with your fingers, and then slowly blow your breath on the back of the sticker (where the sticker and the envelope meet) as you SLOWLY peel it off. The moisture of your breath will help loosen the glue/stickiness, making it less likely to tear.

You could do this using vapor (a kettle, water boiler), but that might be toomuch moisture and might ruin the envelope and the cards. Your breath gives u more control.

Slow and steady wins the race.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Finally got mine yesterday. Opened it @ work to minimize the mess. Used a metal straightedge & utility knife to cut a thin strip off of the right side (when looking @ the sticker) of the plastic & through the envelope. Mucked the cards up for a while & gave them a double coat of clear lacquer. Blasted out the envelope with compressed air. No fuss, no muss when you want to look at them. The cards are definitely going in a frame. Found a brushed aluminum/glass cabinet door at work that will fit all 6 cards, with the transparency going over the (pink & purple) credits card. Gonna silicone a backing on. Should look great when it's done. This is cool stuff.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I placed a pair of scissors exactly on the crease of the flap, then cut ever so slightly below that so the opened part was not exactly on the top. This leaves a little bend so that your powder doesn't just pour out of the top if you happen to shift the envelope with the contents still inside. A perfectly straight cut/opening could end up being a detriment. The sticker stays clean as well.

I don't know, I feel like you really have to break that seal otherwise it defeats the purpose. I'm sure there's a way to slowly open it while still keeping the words intact once broken.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    agreed. i used an exact-o knife for the seal and the envelope adhesive. worked great.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Seriously guys? I'm sorry I did not open the envelope in a more crowd-pleasing way.

Mentioned
    86 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stereo75 View Post
    Finally got mine yesterday. Opened it @ work to minimize the mess. Used a metal straightedge & utility knife to cut a thin strip off of the right side (when looking @ the sticker) of the plastic & through the envelope. Mucked the cards up for a while & gave them a double coat of clear lacquer. Blasted out the envelope with compressed air. No fuss, no muss when you want to look at them. The cards are definitely going in a frame. Found a brushed aluminum/glass cabinet door at work that will fit all 6 cards, with the transparency going over the (pink & purple) credits card. Gonna silicone a backing on. Should look great when it's done. This is cool stuff.
    What did you use to seal them?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Branches/Bones 3

She's Gone Away 3 (front)

She's Gone Away 3 (back)

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Branches/Bones 3
    Oh nice - so those are the couple variations on each that we hadn't seen yet? Sure looks like it to me, unless you'd done some processing on 'em to confuse us all.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xolotl View Post
    Oh nice - so those are the couple variations on each that we hadn't seen yet? Sure looks like it to me, unless you'd done some processing on 'em to confuse us all.
    Nope, those are the missing pieces. That "Branches/Bones" one is fucking insane.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Nope, those are the missing pieces. That "Branches/Bones" one is fucking insane.
    Seriously! Well done. How many of those things did you order, anyway?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xolotl View Post
    Seriously! Well done. How many of those things did you order, anyway?
    ...I'd rather not say...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Was it clumpy like this:

I'm sorry for delay in response. Similar, but not nearly that much, maybe 5-7 "drops". My envelope the side with with the fold over, was coated but looked like craters, almost as if it were fine sand with water drop marks. I guess that describes it best