Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 6 7 8 9 10 ... LastLast

Thread: Not The Actual Events - Physical Edition variations

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nick999 View Post
    I finally opened mine this morn. Very cool. Black credits card, no logo or halo, 3D burning bright, medium dust. Blue branches/bones dark she's gone away. Everything else is white ish paper with black letters. Played album while I opened. Wish I had the nin and halo designation. But, glad I finally opened.

Edit- it was very spur of the moment. I was just going to leave it sealed but i thought, why the fuck am I holding this? I would never sell it. Might as well do with it what TR intended.

You sure it's not on there [the halo designation] at all? Look at the back of the credits one in direct sunlight, you ought to faintly see it...

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I got my two copies in today, I'm leaving one sealed (for now, though I'll likely cave and open it to see what versions are in it soon because these things fascinate me). This is, without a doubt, the coolest thing they've ever released physically speaking.

http://imgur.com/7LYWJBk

Most notably, my credits card has no logo or halo designation on the back and is purple with white text:

I'm in love.

Are we sure the halo designation isn't hidden elsewhere on this variant? I bet it is. Try holding it directly up to the sun or something like Bowie's Blackstar and it might be similar to the heat effect that appears with the stars on the vinyl version.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by myrdd79 View Post
    Put my x-ray part into a customised lightbox. Still not sure how to display other parts though:

Now that's fucking sweet.

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I hated the idea of individual frames for the cards as it was intended to be viewed as one piece, so I went to hobby lobby (I know) and picked up one of those double glass frames and a large piece of semi transparent paper and threw this together. I'm happy enough with the result, and I was able to get some dirt smudged on the paper.

Screw the haters, I love the way this turned out!

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Are we sure the halo designation isn't hidden elsewhere on this variant? I bet it is. Try holding it directly up to the sun or something like Bowie's Blackstar and it might be similar to the heat effect that appears with the stars on the vinyl version.
    It actually has it and I was just being blind. It is barely visible, but it's there.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    It actually has it and I was just being blind. It is barely visible, but it's there.
    Pics plaze.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Just opened mine today. NIN logo was on the back of the album credit card, near the top. It was hard to see. Had to tilt the card and get it in the right light. I think the halo number is there too. Photos below.

http://imgur.com/a/T0LoR

Mentioned
    80 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    well, i'd say they work GREAT!

Really love this! Great display there!

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dlb View Post
    Really love this! Great display there!
    thanks! you can't tell in the pictures but that's right above my two big vinyl cabinets. there's a picture in the vinyl collectors unite thread where you can see it all.

the more i look at these up there, the more i love them. i'm really glad we just re-arranged our furniture a bit and ended up with this perfect spot to display these.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    This may have been mentioned already (or noticed). It appears that there are no real "sets" of cards (maybe only for the all black/white ones?). There are different color versions of each card, but it looks like they are randomly grouped together.

These 2 sets have the Red with blue type She's Gone card, but different versions of the Burning Bright card. It's cool that there are many collections out there.

http://imgur.com/a/T0LoR

https://photos.google.com/share/AF1Q...kwa1JYUVVNMVVB

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Has anyone that has bought several PCs tried to put them one next to the other just to see if they form a pattern? like a NIN puzzle.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Just received my physical component (was down in the Keys last week with the in-laws) and must say I was, and still am, very shocked at how much I love this concept. My reaction stream went a little like this: what the actual fuck; woah; I can't stop looking at this/playing with this/thinking about this/smudging this/highlighting lyrics with soot/thinking about how to frame or display this. About a half hour later, I put it all back into the envelope and on to my workbench in the garage until I can think of a way to matte & frame this.

Since then, I couldn't help but think of how well it fits my take of NTAE. I want to frame this ugly, smudged up thing to hang on the wall. People will probably ask me about it, and I'll be all giddy as I espouse my NIN fandom. My perception of the actual events (opening up a package of random lyrics cards and an x-ray of two dudes packaged in an envelope topped with black toner powder) will totally not be understood by anyone I try to explain it to.

Brilliant.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    dear world, 2 front

dear world, 2 back

burning bright 3 front

burning bright 3 back

I hadn't been able to see the lyrics crowded over on the left side until this version of "Burning Bright". These things are so fucking cool.
    Last edited by paul_guyet; 03-15-2017 at 10:58 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    I hadn't been able to see the lyrics crowded over on the left side until this version of "Burning Bright". These things are so fucking cool.
    Oh! Cool. Are those Burning Bright lyrics too?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by patj825 View Post
    Oh! Cool. Are those Burning Bright lyrics too?
    Yup, all sort of crammed into the space.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Sooooo...long story short: as I kid, I collected this one series of Marvel cards in which every set of nine formed a huge panel with each of the heroes/villains in it. It was awesome. Whenever I was missing just fucking one card, it killed me a little.
    That said: I'm looking to acquire some specific NTAE lyrics sheets and would be willing to trade for them.
    Namely: black on green "Dear World,"
    Red on blue "The Idea of You"
    Black on white credits page

Anyone interested, please drop me a PM.

Much thanks!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Not The Actual Events - Physical Edition variations

Sooooo...long story short: as I kid, I collected this one series of Marvel cards in which every set of nine formed a huge panel with each of the heroes/villains in it. It was awesome. Whenever I was missing just fucking one card, it killed me a little.
    That said: I'm looking to acquire some specific NTAE lyrics sheets and would be willing to trade for them.
    Namely: black on green "Dear World,"
    Red on blue "The Idea of You"
    Black on white credits page

Anyone interested, please drop me a PM.

Much thanks!
    are you trading or wanting the ones in your post?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InsecureSpike View Post
    are you trading or wanting the ones in your post?

Sorry about that. Looking to acquire those three.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Sorry about that. Looking to acquire those three.
    damn, me too!

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Did anyone figure out how to open the envelope with the most minimum amount of damage? Haven't opened it yet and want to make sure I can display the envelope as well.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    Did anyone figure out how to open the envelope with the most minimum amount of damage? Haven't opened it yet and want to make sure I can display the envelope as well.
    I think it's meant to be damaged when opened like that Fight Club vinyl recently released. Actions have consequences and all that stuff.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    I think it's meant to be damaged when opened like that Fight Club vinyl recently released. Actions have consequences and all that stuff.
    Haha I think that's definitely the idea. I need to pick a quiet day and prepare to get dirty lol

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Not The Actual Events - Physical Edition variations

i got a very sharp blade and cut along the line of the label so cutting through the flap of the envelope, if you do this way be very careful not to cut too deep

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    https://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php...=Letter_opener

I don't actually have one myself, but any small knife/scissors would do the trick. Just cut open the top of the envelope. Leaves the sticker entirely intact.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I used a letter opener along the top edge. That way, the sticker is left whole.
    Last edited by patj825; 03-22-2017 at 09:32 AM.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    I placed a pair of scissors exactly on the crease of the flap, then cut ever so slightly below that so the opened part was not exactly on the top. This leaves a little bend so that your powder doesn't just pour out of the top if you happen to shift the envelope with the contents still inside. A perfectly straight cut/opening could end up being a detriment. The sticker stays clean as well.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Has anyone actually used the black, organic makeup on their face, yet? That would be a cool thing to wear to shows.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Not sure if i'm late, but it's easy to peel off the sticker without ruining it.

Peel off one corner very carefully, just enough so you have enough to pick it with your fingers, and then slowly blow your breath on the back of the sticker (where the sticker and the envelope meet) as you SLOWLY peel it off. The moisture of your breath will help loosen the glue/stickiness, making it less likely to tear.

You could do this using vapor (a kettle, water boiler), but that might be toomuch moisture and might ruin the envelope and the cards. Your breath gives u more control.

Slow and steady wins the race.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Finally got mine yesterday. Opened it @ work to minimize the mess. Used a metal straightedge & utility knife to cut a thin strip off of the right side (when looking @ the sticker) of the plastic & through the envelope. Mucked the cards up for a while & gave them a double coat of clear lacquer. Blasted out the envelope with compressed air. No fuss, no muss when you want to look at them. The cards are definitely going in a frame. Found a brushed aluminum/glass cabinet door at work that will fit all 6 cards, with the transparency going over the (pink & purple) credits card. Gonna silicone a backing on. Should look great when it's done. This is cool stuff.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I placed a pair of scissors exactly on the crease of the flap, then cut ever so slightly below that so the opened part was not exactly on the top. This leaves a little bend so that your powder doesn't just pour out of the top if you happen to shift the envelope with the contents still inside. A perfectly straight cut/opening could end up being a detriment. The sticker stays clean as well.

I don't know, I feel like you really have to break that seal otherwise it defeats the purpose. I'm sure there's a way to slowly open it while still keeping the words intact once broken.