Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Thread: Not The Actual Events - Physical Edition variations

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    207 Post(s)

Not The Actual Events - Physical Edition variations

So from the pics we've seen, it looks like they're not all the same. Shall we try to collate all the different printing variants?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    So from the pics we've seen, it looks like they're not all the same. Shall we try to collate all the different printing variants?
    Mine is still sealed, but I may risk opening it once I recover from the dreaded flu.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I got a black envelope and opened it up, all mine says is "The winner for best picture, La La Land".

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    I got a black envelope and opened it up, all mine says is "The winner for best picture, La La Land".
    I guess we all know where your physical component was actually delivered.

Last edited by arsenic; 02-28-2017 at 08:00 PM.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Mine is invisible.

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Mine's black and white,

Branches/Bones = White

Dear World = Black

She's Gone Away = Black

The Idea Of You = White

Burning Bright = White

I remember Trent saying this is a story which starts where it ends, the color going back to "white" would be a nice way to showcase that

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I think this just means I need to buy a second copy. One to keep sealed in purity, one to ejaculate all over me.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Just to clarify, this thing is just enveloped pieces of dusty b/w or colored paper(?) with lyrics and credits? No CD?

Mentioned
    122 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by fillow View Post
    Just to clarify, this thing is just enveloped pieces of dusty b/w or colored paper(?) with lyrics and credits? No CD?
    Pretty much

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    So does the paper break down when touched, or is the bag just filled with carbon dust or whatever? Just need to know how much it can be fingered. Should've gotten two.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Are you guys just getting yours now? I checked my PO box and nothing

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SM Rollinger View Post
    Are you guys just getting yours now? I checked my PO box and nothing
    Yeah, I just got mine in the mail today - midwest (Wisconsin) in the U.S. No shipping notification in my email, so it'll likely just turn up without warning. If you ordered along with other items @ the NIN store, the order status will remain "Unfulfilled," so that's not a reliable indicator of whether it's shipped or not.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xolotl View Post
    Yeah, I just got mine in the mail today - midwest (Wisconsin) in the U.S. No shipping notification in my email, so it'll likely just turn up without warning. If you ordered along with other items @ the NIN store, the order status will remain "Unfulfilled," so that's not a reliable indicator of whether it's shipped or not.
    Nah, that was all I had $$$ for at the time since I had just been fired from my job.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Oh cool. I'm in Wisconsin, so maybe mine will be waiting when I get back from work.

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I'm glad EVERYTHING Trent does is mysterious and vague; he never breaks character. I got worried that something was screwed up with my order since people have been getting theirs and I got no email, but there are apparently no emails to be had at all.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Mine is special. It's located in I have no clue

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    nin.com mailed me that the are sending me a part of one of my orders now...a shirt.
    I placed two orders when NTAE came out. A big one (vinyls, shirt, ntae...) and a small one with a shirt and the physical component and now I'll recieve the shirt from the smaller order (for my gf) and no envelope with dirt.
    yeah, they keep fucking it up xD

Mentioned
    55 Post(s)
    I dont think I am going to open mine when it gets here. I should have just bought the vinyl.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I really did get mine, but I didn't open it. It's a black envelope sealed in an outer clear plastic envelope. I didn't bother opening it because I don't want black dust all over the place. I have two cats and one of my cats has allergies and I don't want her getting sick. No matter how much I clean the counter somehow she will breathe the one speck I didn't get. I put the physical component in between my slowly growing vinyl collection. If there was a meet n greet pass in there for the upcoming tour then I would take it out to the garage and open it up.
    As for nin.com all my purchases have been one item at a time or in some cases two at a time, (I'm on a budget, I have been buying a couple of vinyls per paycheck). Under my account on nin.com I have a whole bunch of orders that say "unfulfilled" when they switch to "fulfilled" thats when I know to start looking for them in the mail. They have never sent me a shipping notice.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Can anyone do measurements on their cards? I want to pick up a frame tonite for when mine arrives.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by GentlemanLoser View Post
    Can anyone do measurements on their cards? I want to pick up a frame tonite for when mine arrives.
    16x23 cm, I think.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I just got mine in the mail and its my birthday. Honestly one of the coolest things I've gotten on my birthday especially because it was unexpected.
    Mine is in color and came with an X-ray of TR+AR. I'll try to make some HQ scans later. The euphoric comment on the warning label really caught me and I think I'll try looking and reading this while listening to the corresponding songs.

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyJ View Post
    I just got mine in the mail and its my birthday. Honestly one of the coolest things I've gotten on my birthday especially because it was unexpected.
    Mine is in color and came with an X-ray of TR+AR. I'll try to make some HQ scans later. The euphoric comment on the warning label really caught me and I think I'll try looking and reading this while listening to the corresponding songs.
    happy
    birthday!

Mentioned
    115 Post(s)
    from two dummies on yt. gives you a good impression.
    got mine this afternoon, will open it next weekend.

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by witte View Post
    i got seasick trying to watch that.

mine didn't come today. bummer.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Watching those guys gave me malaria.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I laughed at "NIN paper"

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sheepdean View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    Mine is invisible.
    Quote Originally Posted by HWB View Post
    Mine's black and white,

Branches/Bones = White

Dear World = Black

She's Gone Away = Black

The Idea Of You = White

Burning Bright = White

I remember Trent saying this is a story which starts where it ends, the color going back to "white" would be a nice way to showcase that
    Quote Originally Posted by NotoriousTIMP View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by GentlemanLoser View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Khrz View Post
    16x23 cm, I think.
    Quote Originally Posted by nick999 View Post
    Mine is here. Glad it fit in mailbox because weather is crazy in chicagoland right now. I really can't decide if I even want to open this..... ah fuck it.
    Quote Originally Posted by IndyJ View Post

Hey all,

If there's anyone who has, or is willing to scan/take photos of the prints, I would REALLY appreciate seeing them. I ran out of time to buy this and I am looking to gain some inspiration from the artworks as I will be working on my own project art soon.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Copy_of_an_Echo View Post
    Hey all,

If there's anyone who has, or is willing to scan/take photos of the prints, I would REALLY appreciate seeing them. I ran out of time to buy this and I am looking to gain some inspiration from the artworks as I will be working on my own project art soon.
    @xolotl put this together this great compilation: http://apocalyptech.com/ntae/

or you could look back through this thread.