Page 9 of 11 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 LastLast

Thread: Not The Actual Events - Physical Edition variations

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    agreed. i used an exact-o knife for the seal and the envelope adhesive. worked great.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Seriously guys? I'm sorry I did not open the envelope in a more crowd-pleasing way.

Mentioned
    277 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Stereo75 View Post
    Finally got mine yesterday. Opened it @ work to minimize the mess. Used a metal straightedge & utility knife to cut a thin strip off of the right side (when looking @ the sticker) of the plastic & through the envelope. Mucked the cards up for a while & gave them a double coat of clear lacquer. Blasted out the envelope with compressed air. No fuss, no muss when you want to look at them. The cards are definitely going in a frame. Found a brushed aluminum/glass cabinet door at work that will fit all 6 cards, with the transparency going over the (pink & purple) credits card. Gonna silicone a backing on. Should look great when it's done. This is cool stuff.
    What did you use to seal them?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Branches/Bones 3

She's Gone Away 3 (front)

She's Gone Away 3 (back)

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Branches/Bones 3
    Oh nice - so those are the couple variations on each that we hadn't seen yet? Sure looks like it to me, unless you'd done some processing on 'em to confuse us all.

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xolotl View Post
    Oh nice - so those are the couple variations on each that we hadn't seen yet? Sure looks like it to me, unless you'd done some processing on 'em to confuse us all.
    Nope, those are the missing pieces. That "Branches/Bones" one is fucking insane.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    Nope, those are the missing pieces. That "Branches/Bones" one is fucking insane.
    Seriously! Well done. How many of those things did you order, anyway?

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Seriously! Well done. How many of those things did you order, anyway?
    ...I'd rather not say...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Was it clumpy like this:

I'm sorry for delay in response. Similar, but not nearly that much, maybe 5-7 "drops". My envelope the side with with the fold over, was coated but looked like craters, almost as if it were fine sand with water drop marks. I guess that describes it best

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ninlive View Post
    What did you use to seal them?
    It was just some off the shelf spray lacquer that we had kicking around the shop at work. Make multiple light coats. I think an acrylic clear spray would be best, as it doesn't smell as bad.

Mentioned
    14 Post(s)
    So what's the consensus as to the best way to clean off the makeup stuff to preserve the cards better? After someone mentioned the whole "organic makeup eventually decays" thing, I figure I'll probably want to clean up the cards after all for longer-term preservation.

I suppose the spray lacquer idea might do the trick while preserving the uniqueness of the grime on the cards, since I suppose it'd keep the stuff from interacting with oxygen, which is where the main danger would be, I'd think...

Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    So what's the consensus as to the best way to clean off the makeup stuff to preserve the cards better? After someone mentioned the whole "organic makeup eventually decays" thing, I figure I'll probably want to clean up the cards after all for longer-term preservation.

I suppose the spray lacquer idea might do the trick while preserving the uniqueness of the grime on the cards, since I suppose it'd keep the stuff from interacting with oxygen, which is where the main danger would be, I'd think...
    I can tell you two things that did NOT work: brushing it off with a dry surface (make up brush, finger, dry cloth, etc.) just smears it around, making it look cool, I guess, but not getting rid of it. Also, a very slightly dampened cloth doesn't really work either.
    Haven't tried a keyboard spray yet.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Did anyone ever take the measuments of the cards? I dont really wanna open mine back up until I get a frame for em

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by EvilGobi View Post
    Did anyone ever take the measuments of the cards? I dont really wanna open mine back up until I get a frame for em
    6"x9"

8x10 float frames work nicely

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    6"x9"

Thanks, was thinking maybe a poster frame with all of them in it. Wanted to make sure I found one that would fit everything.

Edit: I do think that looks killer though

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    ...I'd rather not say...
    Come on. Give it up. No shame.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Embrace the mess.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Mine:

Anyone have any creative framing ideas?
    Last edited by BipolarMike; 03-31-2017 at 09:47 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BipolarMike View Post
    Anyone have any creative framing ideas?
    Frame the cards you like individually. Much more tasteful than all in the same frame.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    6"x9"

How did you get them to stay in there? Adhesive? I fear using adhesive in case I want to remove them unharmed.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by streetman View Post
    How did you get them to stay in there? Adhesive? I fear using adhesive in case I want to remove them unharmed.
    the frames come with little double-sided sticky circles that are essentially clear. you stick one side to the print, one side to the frame backing (which is plastic/plexiglass, as opposed to the front, which is actual glass) and it holds it in place.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Finally opened mine today...
    burning bright 2
    Turns out I got this version of "Burning Bright" too, and I'm upset at how aggressively unreadable it is, even though the red/blue background splatter is cool. Rest of it looks fantastic.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    sorry, lazy to look through the whole thread, but here`s mine:

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by my voice just View Post
    sorry, lazy to look through the whole thread, but here`s mine:

With the exception of She's Gone Away (I got the blue text on red background version), that's the same as mine.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Has anyone asked if the variants were dependent on which file format you chose at purchase? In the source code for the purchase site the different file formats were listed with separate inventories. Maybe that's why we a have different versions of the physical component. Sorry if this was already mentioned in this thread. I didn't have time this morning to read every post here...

Mentioned
    35 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nin64 View Post
    Has anyone asked if the variants were dependent on which file format you chose at purchase? In the source code for the purchase site the different file formats were listed with separate inventories. Maybe that's why we a have different versions of the physical component. Sorry if this was already mentioned in this thread. I didn't have time this morning to read every post here...
    There are some who ordered multiple copies of the "physical component" and received different sets. Also, my original set (which was sent to my office building without my name printed on it and opened by some unsuspecting lady, who threw away the transparency because it was coated in black powder) and my replacement set and slightly different. My cards for The Idea of You and Burning Bright (which also happen to be my favorite songs on the EP) are different, but the others are the same.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Finally opened mine today...

Turns out I got this version of "Burning Bright" too, and I'm upset at how aggressively unreadable it is, even though the red/blue background splatter is cool. Rest of it looks fantastic.
    The red/green thing makes me think of old 3d glasses but they were red and blue...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    ...I still don't have mine, and believe it or not, I still don't know what it is (I'm typing this with closed eyes... kidding, but I really don't know).

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Substance242 View Post
    ...I still don't have mine, and believe it or not, I still don't know what it is (I'm typing this with closed eyes... kidding, but I really don't know).
    Holy shit -- what have they said when you've contacted them?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Holy shit -- what have they said when you've contacted them?
    I did not, I did my part (payment) and now I am practising patience. ;-) And I have my music, so fuck it anyway.