Page 7 of 11 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 ... LastLast

Thread: Not The Actual Events - Physical Edition variations

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Because of @sheepdean's post about expired makeup I went and opened my second one. Wish i hadn't, but ah well. Exact same set aside from my Burning Bright card which is the lamest one (standard black and white, no 3D colors, no blocked out text) instead of the red and black the other came with. All cards are black and white except for the red and blue She's Gone Away and the purple credits card. Really wanted a green or blue card. It also seemed way dirtier than the first for whatever reason. Might be open to trading with somebody else's set that has the blue Branches_Bones or the green Dear World if they're interested since I planned on framing all of the cards together but it'd look pretty shitty having almost all of them being identical anyway.
    Last edited by implanted_microchip; 03-09-2017 at 06:12 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ordered 2 and received 2 different sets. ��������

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Got mine today, love it, thank you Trent-an! I don't feel like getting that shit all over my fingers again at the moment, but I gots purple, couple b&ws, green & blue I think? Great experience, all you NINnies on a preservation kick are missing out on a dirty good time! You know, you could just buy a black envelope and seal it in plastic...

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Mine showed up - going to get same frames to store them in tomorrow or something. I'll open it and take pictures if there's any variance from what's been shared so far.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by BRoswell View Post
    I honestly don't get keeping it sealed. The contents inside are meant to be seen and experienced. If you're going to try to preserve anything, at least take the contents out and get them framed so you can enjoy them. I like the sticker and the envelope, but it's definitely not as cool as the contents inside it.
    Nah. I want my copy in mint condition. Sealed, forever.
    Last edited by GulDukat; 03-10-2017 at 07:14 AM.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by finality893 View Post
    So, you mention "goo". That is what I got sort of. While many received dust, mine is cakey clumps that need to be scraped off. When opening the envelope, the cards needed to be pryed out. lots of cakey debris inside. Looks like craters in the envelope from fluid drops on the dust. At first I attributed it to being in hot, humid Florida, then I saw the fluid marks.
    Was it clumpy like this:

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    Was it clumpy like this:

that looks awesome!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InsecureSpike View Post
    that looks awesome!!
    It's from the archive that @xolotl put together. There's a few other ones on there that are nice and clumpy.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Apart from custom framing, does anyone know if they make some kind of frame that could hold all 6 of these in individual panels? Something like this I guess but with the right number of panels and the correct dimensions?

What do you people who plan on framing plan on doing? Really not looking to clutter my already overcrowded wallspace with 6 more frames.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    put mine in 8x10" float frames and they look great. haven't gotten them up on the wall yet but i will post a picture as soon as i do.

these are what i got. cheap but effective and perfect for the prints.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    put mine in 8x10" float frames and they look great. haven't gotten them up on the wall yet but i will post a picture as soon as i do.

these are what i got. cheap but effective and perfect for the prints.
    I was looking at those exact ones in-store and wondering how they'd work. Thanks for the heads up.

Joined (old ETS): 01 Sep 2004 -- Sydney, Australia
    Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Here you go, bitches:

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    More, bitches:

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    The rest, bitches:

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Love this package, pretty interesting idea and it makes a great addition to the overall album experience. I m especially love how She's Gone Away has the lyrics from Reptile within it.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by InvitingmeAway View Post
    Love this package, pretty interesting idea and it makes a great addition to the overall album experience. I m especially love how She's Gone Away has the lyrics from Reptile within it.
    Perhaps it symbolises the bitch he was talking about in Reptile died?

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)
    I hated the idea of individual frames for the cards as it was intended to be viewed as one piece, so I went to hobby lobby (I know) and picked up one of those double glass frames and a large piece of semi transparent paper and threw this together. I'm happy enough with the result, and I was able to get some dirt smudged on the paper.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tony.parente View Post
    I hated the idea of individual frames for the cards as it was intended to be viewed as one piece, so I went to hobby lobby (I know) and picked up one of those double glass frames and a large piece of semi transparent paper and threw this together. I'm happy enough with the result, and I was able to get some dirt smudged on the paper.

Not The Actual Way To Frame

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jon View Post
    I was looking at those exact ones in-store and wondering how they'd work. Thanks for the heads up.
    well, i'd say they work GREAT!

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)

Love this!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    280 Post(s)

DON'T YOU FACEPALM ME.

I just didn't like the idea of having 6 different frames for this thing, plus I couldn't think of a place for all of them.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

They look awesome in floating frames. I just wish it was a set of 7, I don't know which card I would want to put the acetate print over.

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    don't you facepalm me.

I just didn't like the idea of having 6 different frames for this thing, plus i couldn't think of a place for all of them.
    Stop making excuses and re frame them or we smack you!
    Last edited by Ryan; 03-11-2017 at 03:28 PM.

Mentioned
    100 Post(s)
    DON'T YOU FACEPALM ME.

I just didn't like the idea of having 6 different frames for this thing, plus I couldn't think of a place for all of them.
    At least buy a second one? I got your back, bro:

Mentioned
    282 Post(s)
    @Conan The Barbarian @Space Suicide @ManBurning Would you live with me?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Put my x-ray part into a customised lightbox. Still not sure how to display other parts though:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    I think I'm going to use the cards, water, the gunk, and acrylic paint on a canvas to see if I can make something cool. Do people think the cards will bleed their color if I wet them?

Perhaps I'm being foolish. But what the hell, I might as well.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by bwary View Post
    I wish I had one of those crime lab computers that does pattern matching so I could find out what part of the TDS cover artwork the Dear World background is! I'm pretty sure it's part of the TDS cover/back cover (vs. a similar rehash). I've looked and looked at the zoomed in close ups from Rob's re-photographing (available here), but I'm not able to definitively match the markers. Maybe someone else will spot it.
    Quote Originally Posted by paul_guyet View Post
    Interesting thought. I had the understanding that "She's Gone Away" was the only track based on another.
    Quote Originally Posted by GentlemanLoser View Post
    I might not be from the TDS artwork, it might just be photograph of gauze. Or perhaps gauze from a different Russell Mills artwork (I think some of the work from Cargo in the Blood might have incorporated gauze)
    @paul_guyet I'm definitely not inferring that Dear World is a track based on, or in direct reference to, a previous one such as the She's Gone Away/Reptile connection. @GentlemanLoser The similarity between the closeups Rob gave us of Wound, Mill's piece used for the cover of TDS, and that used in printing the Dear World sheet, are way too remarkable to be anything else, in my opinion. Although the single area of Wound that is zoomed in on for Dear World may not match up with the quickly available photographs of Rob's, this certainly does not eliminate that the image in Dear World is not, in fact, a zoomed in area of Wound. If we had the entire piece to look at in that kind of quality, maybe more of us would notice the exact area quicker. Who knows, maybe we'll quickly see it in @kraw 's remastered artwork for the Definitive Edition.
    Last edited by bwary; 03-11-2017 at 09:30 PM.

Mentioned
    141 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ryan View Post
    @Conan The Barbarian @Space Suicide @ManBurning Would you live with me?
    Love to! Always wanted to live in Australia! get me away from this shitty weather... I think I have the worst weather out of everyone mentioned here, lol.

Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I finally opened mine this morn. Very cool. Black credits card, no logo or halo, 3D burning bright, medium dust. Blue branches/bones dark she's gone away. Everything else is white ish paper with black letters. Played album while I opened. Wish I had the nin and halo designation. But, glad I finally opened.

Edit- it was very spur of the moment. I was just going to leave it sealed but i thought, why the fuck am I holding this? I would never sell it. Might as well do with it what TR intended.
    Last edited by EndlessLoveless; 03-12-2017 at 10:46 AM.