Faceplams Faceplams:  0
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: The little things that scare the hell out of you

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

The little things that scare the hell out of you

Almost accidentally sharing the wrong link with family on Facebook.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Donald Trump's hands.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)

Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    If I had a massive ego and tiny little hands, I'd be afraid of SNL skits.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    I am going to have my first job related traveling at the end of the month. It's like two and a half days. I'm pretty nervous for a few reasons:

01 Working on getting my 12 year old husky taken care of while I'm away.

02 I prefer my work and personal time separated. This will present challenges to that.

03 A myriad of food allergies. If I'm responsible for myself, I can make it work but all breakfasts and one dinner are provided by the company.
    Last edited by Swykk; 02-07-2017 at 07:42 PM.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    the mrs won't stop fucking having seizures

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Dough and pastry.
    So I am going to make a baguette.
    Wish me luck!
    I will conquer this fear, then eat it.
    YAR!

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Trying to roll a ball of dough into a rectangle...a 16 x 12 inch one, no less. Holy crap.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Other people's kids. Scared me so much decided it wasn't for me.

/thread]

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    i have two cavities that are being filled in like 90 minutes. i know i'm being a baby, but i'm terrified right now.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Life and death themselves, as they are.

Mentioned
    168 Post(s)
    I hate driving, and i hate it for the fact that it scares me...

I'm scared either for:

- Being hit by a reckless driver (so much of them in the city)
    - Hit somebody by accident (either persons and animals)
    - Being mugged (happens a lot in here...)

So, yeah driving scares me a bit...

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    @henryeatscereal - For real. For me, if it's not about getting hit or hitting other drivers and pedestrians and either getting seriously injured, killed or flat-out incarerated, it also has a lot to do with my fear of getting lost. It's bad enough that I have a horrible sense of direction, especially when it comes to new and unfamiliar places to start with.

Thankfully, I live in a place where driving actually isn't a necessity due to so much public transit, but should I get around to doing it on my own, I'd most likely just stay in and very near my hometown.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Using a public restroom, especially living in a conservative city. I keep putting off getting my carry conceal, but I really should get to it...

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    All sorts of creepy-crawlies.

The evils and horrors of anger and sadness.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 02-24-2017 at 08:58 PM.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    I am a bit surprised that this wasn't brought up yet. On the other hand, I guess it took me a while because I used to never have to worry about it until finally donating to ETS recently.

Anyway. Accidentally clicking "Facepalm" instead of "Like". Thankfully, it hasn't happened... yet. But that probably means that it would be best for me to stick to PCs and laptops instead of resorting to smartphones whenever it comes to liking posts.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Not really a little thing sometimes, nor does it scare me or bum me out all the time, but I still got to say, messing up in general.

Whether big or small, especially in public setting online and offline, it's just very shameful and I just end up feeling very stupid. (Kind of like in a "bombing an important speech/presentation/interview" type of way. *I was always like this my entire life.*)

I know mistakes can still be learning opportunities though. (Although mistakes are sometimes still the very worst way to learn things.) But they don't hurt any less. I suppose it still comes from me still basing who, what and how I am on what others say. I'm also still working on that yet again.
    Last edited by Halo Infinity; 05-04-2017 at 06:45 AM.

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    The idea of getting my drivers license back. It's been about 5 years now since i lost it (dui) and am on the verge of getting everything sorted out. I've been kinda sandbagging it a bit the closer i get. Ill have it all but paper work done here next week. It's an odd thing.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Mortality and the inevitability of death.
    I've had so many close friends die in the past few years and this last one pushed me over the edge.
    Now I think about the impending deaths of my loved ones and myself like literally every two hours.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    My emotions, as I still just can't trust them or rely on them at all sometimes.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    The original Pet Sematary movie from 1989. I'm currently reading the book for the 2nd time.

Mentioned
    166 Post(s)
    Turbulence during a flight without fail, just about each and every single time.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I found out that 2 of my mother's relatives had cancer. Both of them had the tumors removed and are still living. You really can't waste your time on this planet. Never know when your number is gonna be up.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    That my ex's girlfriend has been following me on Twitter for years, now. It is a very vague account. I had no idea.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    @mostlymad It's a surveillance job. Keeping tabs.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    i don't go into the "in the headlines" section of the board because i'm always afraid it'll make me too angry.

but i am fucking FURIOUS right now at trump.

i personally don't believe we should have a military, but if we do, anyone who wants to serve should be allowed. saying trans people aren't allowed to serve is tantamount to saying we're not people, and that is unacceptable. i am so afraid that we're heading toward a world where anyone who isn't cis, straight, and white is going to be rounded up into concentration camps.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i don't go into the "in the headlines" section of the board because i'm always afraid it'll make me too angry.

but i am fucking FURIOUS right now at trump.

i personally don't believe we should have a military, but if we do, anyone who wants to serve should be allowed. saying trans people aren't allowed to serve is tantamount to saying we're not people, and that is unacceptable. i am so afraid that we're heading toward a world where anyone who isn't cis, straight, and white is going to be rounded up into concentration camps.
    The military did this for a long time with black people, and women

See also
    Last edited by allegro; 07-26-2017 at 11:32 AM.

Mentioned
    528 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    The military did this for a long time with black people, and women

See also
    i'm aware of the history. that doesn't deflate my anger. marginalized groups being told they don't deserve rights (and those rights actually getting taken away) is fucking inexcusable.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pretty.hate.machine View Post
    Paranormal events. For example, Seeing a chair move on its own when you are the only one home is fucking terrifying. Feeling like an unseen force is watching you, taunting you...confirmation when your cat sees what you see. Fiancée is home for some of it, not all- I seem to be the target. Events have happened off/on my entire life, but activity has increased over the past 2 years. Most recently had a lot of activity in June after nothing for a few months. Lost a lot of sleep and became a nervous wreck. I'm not entirely innocent, I dabble with energy and strange things, just moved across the street from a huge old cemetery.
    oh jesus. For me, the creepiest is when i see something and just as I've nervously convinced myself that it was in my head, my dog starts fucking growling at it.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eversonpoe View Post
    i'm aware of the history. that doesn't deflate my anger. marginalized groups being told they don't deserve rights (and those rights actually getting taken away) is fucking inexcusable.
    Nobody said it was "inexcusable." But this is the same group of old men who had "Don't Ask Don't Tell" and thought PMS might weaken women's abilities, so your sudden anger when it applies to YOU is why change is slow.

Bill Clinton passed Don't Ask Don't Tell in 1994 and it was in effect until 2011. Change is slow and it ebbs and flows but people pushing for human rights never give up on any change regarding anyone whose rights are affected.

Even Lindsey Graham is calling for a hearing vs. an announcement via a tweet.

Anyone's human and/or civil rights being denied - whether it's being shot by a Cop for no good reason, or the denial or lack of housing and schools, or lack of medical care, or it's unequal pay, or any other form of discrimination - angers me more than I can express, nearly every single day, and it SCARES me how these things are getting worse and not better. Things like this new transgender military announcement makes all "marginalized" people (the elderly, the sick, minorities, the disabled, LGBTQ, and a whole list) scared of what will happen next.

Nothing this idiot President does surprises me anymore. Which scares me.
    Last edited by allegro; 07-26-2017 at 06:27 PM.