Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
Hasn't happened to me but I can see what you mean. Only thing that messed me up was having my biotic power, Shockwave, get activated when in match and my Shepherd charged forward 20 miles away and ended up getting into fire and dying.
I'm sorry, that made me laugh <3

The roll in general is not my friend in this game, it seems. Maybe I'm just used to the evasive manoeuvres from Batman: Arkham City but it feels a little stilted to have Shepard rolling in combat. In an ideal world, you'd be able to swiftly roll 'em out of the danger zone and behind shelter, but it seems like it's pretty hit-and-miss whether or not Shepard actually rolls in the direction you want. Then you have to wait for them to recover before you can move elsewhere.

Eh. I'm being a stickler here—I tend to default to pointing and shooting and hiding behind cover as much as possible in games anyway, rather than relying upon dodging and acrobatics, for the simple reason that very few RPGs have intuitive combat controls to begin with; I was just hoping this would flow a little more smoothly, since the overhauled combat system has been praised frequently.