Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 2 10 11 12 13 LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    It was garbage. People can have opinions, can't they? Did some people go overboard? Yeah, absolutely. If I don't like something, I'm going to say I don't like it. That's what happened with the ending.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    It was garbage. People can have opinions, can't they? Did some people go overboard? Yeah, absolutely. If I don't like something, I'm going to say I don't like it. That's what happened with the ending.
    Not you but the amount of hilariously over dramatic temper tantrums related to it drove me up a wall about how fanatical people are about the shit. It turned me off to this series to a degree due to how rabid the fans are. Cupcakes to the office and threats are some next level shit.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Gotta factor in that some of these guys paid 60+ on a game they were unhappy with. If I had bought a collectors edition, I'd probably have a hissy fit too. Glad they fixed it.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    People went full retard online and in messages to Bioware about the ending. What a bunch of sad fuckers.
    I missed the drama apparently. What was the biggest complaint about the ending from everyone? I just found it kind of confusing, and didn’t think it to be a particularly strong part of the game, but the battle controls were a much bigger issue by far, for me at least. Probably 70% of my deaths were directly attributable to my inability to maneuver around the terrain in any coherent way during intense fights. Frustrating shit. It also would have been nice to have a few spots in the game to do some level grinding. And it seems to be letting me carry my stats and equipment over to the next game, which is nice, but the next game is starting me out at Spoiler: the assault on the Elusive Man’s base, towards the end of the game. That’s kind of weird.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The lack of choices (even though you had three options). Rushed, and sloppy execution of the ending. They advertised the game to have a bunch of multiple endings, but in actuality, there was really only the three with some very minor differences (supposedly?).

Personally, I was ok with having three choices. It was the execution of closing the story that irked me. It's the end of a trilogy that I invested time and money into, and instead I got a halfassed ending. My issue was story related. It was like they quickly threw it all together and said whatever.

The new ending are much, much better. So, sometimes you need crazies to get the job done. But, even reviewers took a shit on it. So, the backlash wasn't isolated to the ones who went overboard. But, who knows? Maybe we wouldn't have gotten the revised ending if it weren't for them.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Fucking gimme gimme gimme.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Holy shit I knew that the animation bugs were horrible and there are some small game breaking bugs but a user rating of 3.9 as of right now was something I was not expecting.
    I imagine some of those people are still sore of the horrible ending of ME 3 but damn...
    Things like this in a AAA game that has been in development for 5 years is just plain sad to see.

I'm kinda glad that I did the wait-and-see approach before buying or per-ordering the game.
    So disheartening to see that this game released in such a bad state.
    I guess I will wait it out even further until they patch out all the bugs and pick it up at a discounted price later this year.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Installing now, can't wait to play after work!

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Installing now, can't wait to play after work!
    Let me know how it goes. I'm really interested in buying it but reading about all those bugs from various review sites makes me want to wait until they patch the game.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Wow, that's worse than I thought. I was on the fence about it. Probably not a good idea, atm. I'm sure it'll be fixed over time. Some of it at least.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    The only bug I had in the Origin Access trial was one of the NPCs was sort of half sunk into the floor. Got lucky I guess...? :/

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ziltoid View Post
    Let me know how it goes. I'm really interested in buying it but reading about all those bugs from various review sites makes me want to wait until they patch the game.
    Will do...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I've got a lot of other games to play anyway. By the time I'm caught up, I'm sure it'll be patched up and ready to go.

I always though it was kinda shady on how quiet they were about the game. I didn't even know the game was coming until a couple weeks ago.

Typical EA shit as usual.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    This game is awful by any standard. The horrible, robotic responses both in animation and voice acting reflect similar lack of effort and development in gameplay, menu construction, combat design.

This game is a slow, clunky and arduous chore. In order to understand anyone's motivations and emotions you may as well be left with writing on a page, the lack of expression and feeling is that jarring.

Simple things, when you let go of the sprint button, you always continue your forward momentum for about three steps. This game was clearly released way ahead of schedule

That it releases after the limitless freed and Agency of Breath of the Wild and the fast ppaced inventive actionaction of horizon does it no favors
    Last edited by Wretchedest; 03-21-2017 at 06:27 PM.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    Haven't started it yet but a lot of what I've heard sounds like stuff patches can and will fix.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post

That it releases after the limitless freed and Agency of Breath of the Wild and the fast ppaced inventive actionaction of horizon does it no favors
    Apples and oranges.

I dig it. I'm fine with that I played so far. I'm only disappointed at lack of graphical prowess since its on the Frostbite engine. Otherwise minus a few things, most "reviews" seem nitpicking.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    At least not even review sites give this shit a free pass just because it's EA and Bioware. Trying out Mass Effect 2 immediately became one of my favorite gaming franchise, and while the second installation still remains my favorite from the trilogy, I enjoyed 1 and 3 a lot too. I liked the Dragon Age trilogy as well so far, whether it was the complex Origins, the dumbed down II, or the "we give you big areas, so we can create the illusion of 1000 gaming hours" Inquisition.

It is extremely unfortunate Bioware went down this path with Mass Effect: lazy, uninspired, half-assed money grab.

I am happy it's quickly becoming a living meme and such an embarrassment for them. Being an AAA company continuing an AAA title should have standards, but this is devolution at its finest (with a few decent ideas, sure).

And no, no amount of patch will fix the utter laziness of Bioware. They will either step up their game or they won't; no in-betweens to be patched up.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I agree that most negative reviews are nitpicky for the most part. It's 2017. I saw a few reviews bagging on Horizon and thought 'Uhh, I played about two hours of it, and it's bonkers good.' so I've pretty much gone down the path (especially the last two years or so) of 110% not reading reviews at all. I know if the majority says something is crap, it's probably fairly crap, but oh well. I'm enjoying it so far. ME games have always been a slow burn for me...I usually start off amped, then for the first few days have to sort of let it play out...but once you're deep in to it, it rules. As for the facial animations, etc. whooooooooooo gives a shit. That's the epitome of looking for something to bag on. I'm much more interested in the points such as Wretchedest's gripe above about the way momentum continues, etc. That is a much more relevant thing for someone like me.

All that being said, I've only dusted off the first planet you crash land on, and a few hours of Strike Missions...landed on Eos but then had to go out for some drinks so left that for later today. Can't wait to start actually exploring the different planets.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Caved and bought it. It's not bad. Haven't come across any bugs. Seems fine so far.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    How is the multiplayer? I'm sure that's where I would spend most of my time when I get the game.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Probably won't mess with the multiplayer.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Wow, once you get to Eos and the Nomad...and start to be able to just explore the planet...get to the first Remnant Vault underground...start solving the puzzles. The game really opens up...stick with it.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ziltoid View Post
    How is the multiplayer? I'm sure that's where I would spend most of my time when I get the game.
    its good and almost identical to 3's.

Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Probably won't mess with the multiplayer.
    Its fun to mess in!

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    I ended last night circling Eos after mining the nearby planets (stupid sleep was required). Still don't have things figured out yet gameplay wise but checking out the alien ship on Habitat 7 was interesting. Nice to hear Kumail Nanjiani's voice. I don't trust anyone on the Nexus, though.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Yeah, the people on the nexus are sketchy. I'm still working my around on Eos. It's been good so far, still.

Mentioned
    117 Post(s)
    I've seen no sign of it but I'm hoping to find a Geth Pulse rifle as it's my favorite assault rifle or something comparable. Happy to have gotten my hands on a Raptor sniper rifle already.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    RNG is an asshole in this game for MP packs. I've bought around 12-15 Premium packs since early access launch and got ONE. ONE UR Character and it's the character I didn't even want. I literally would've taken any of the other UR characters over what I got. I got the Human Kineticist. I play as a human in SP, I don't wanna use a human in MP too. -_-

Meanwhile my friend got like 3 or so and got the UR N7 Blackwidow sniper and the UR Angara Avenger.

Oh my God. Fuck off. Such bullshit.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)

Most of the Andromeda bashing videos hover around 70-30 like/dislike ratio, but this one seems universally accepted. I personally had to watch it in sequences, because I couldn't bear the cringe.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I like the game, but the facial animations are shit...totally warranted criticism.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    Most of the Andromeda bashing videos hover around 70-30 like/dislike ratio, but this one seems universally accepted. I personally had to watch it in sequences, because I couldn't bear the cringe.
    crowbcat is superb at taking gaming hype and turning it on its back when it comes to showing the actual execution. This was one of his best simply due to the sheer amount of bug examples he was able to pull together. I'm feeling very sad about this as I was a HUGE fan of Mass Effect 1 and 2.