Page 9 of 13 FirstFirst ... 7 8 9 10 11 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I'm just looking forward to being able to say I've properly cleared the franchise. It'll be good to play through again from scratch with my original Shep and see how it all gets tidied up in the end (or not, as the case may be).

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Just wonder if it's just just extended cutscenes, or if there's any new gameplay in there. I just wonder how extended it's gonna be. Hopefully it's extended by a lot. It needs it.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    I'm fairly ambivalent to the new DLC, I liked the ending of ME3 I got, I liked how everything unfolded. The DLC is only supposed to expand on the endings, rather than change them.. so I'm not that bothered. it would bother me more if they actually went off and started changing things.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I don't think anything really unfolded in the ending. It struck me as random things thrown together and called it an ending. Maybe some people are seeing something I'm missing. But to me it was a mess that made no sense.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    I hope all this free DLC has gone some way to repair the relationship between the fanbase and devs. I can't really think of a better way to handle the situation than BioWare have done so far. But I'm sure the haters will still be as vehement as ever, because ...

To be honest, I really didn't like the ending at all, but the over-the-top backlash was just silly.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The fact that they responded to it and are releasing free DLC to fix it. I think they've handled it surprisingly well. Never would've expected that big of a backlash either. But you gotta respect the people for aiming for something they wanted. That took some serious devotion. Straight to the top. So as long as this DLC doesn't suck and makes sense of things, I think they'll have made up for it in spades.

They know they messed up. They're trying to make it right.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xmd 5a View Post
    I hope all this free DLC has gone some way to repair the relationship between the fanbase and devs. I can't really think of a better way to handle the situation than BioWare have done so far. But I'm sure the haters will still be as vehement as ever, because ...

To be honest, I really didn't like the ending at all, but the over-the-top backlash was just silly.
    Yeah, I love free DLC and its great support for the game. I also love the attention to multiplayer, as I love it but it's time for some story add-on content. I want new pay for it DLC and achievements. I mean additional missions and such. I would've liked a better ending but they made it as is and it is what it is. The original ending is how BioWare wanted to end it, I think it was too much with all the hate. I like the game a lot but it didn't deserve that much backlash. They're expanding more on the ending, which is cool but really, the ending is how it was for a reason, plot holes and all. I don't really care if they ever released DLC fixing it. I also wouldn't have cried or been upset if they never did.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    The extended cut is out. Almost 2gb. Won't be able to watch this until after work unless I feel like cheating (YouTube). Think I can wait. Hopefully, since it's 2gb, it's better than the last ending.

Edit - Caved and watched the "control" ending. MUCH BETTER!
    Last edited by Piko; 06-26-2012 at 09:17 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'm downloading this now. 1.85 GB. Ugh.

Then I have the battlefield 3 Close Quarters DLC after it. Good while till I can do anything. :/

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Is it a complete reinvention of the endings? No.
    If you absolutely hated the ending originally, will you still? Probably.
    Does it at least show a lot more of what happened when you pull the "choose your flavor of galaxy changing pew pews?" Yes.
    It adds a lot more detail to the ending. I have only checked out the synthesis ending, but it was awesome. I loved it. I loved the ending originally, but this adds in some more to flesh it out, and it makes it a lot more enjoyable. You also see some cool stuff that hasn't been shown in the series thus far (won't spoil it).

And it's free. So fuck yeah.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    They did exactly what I had hoped for. They said they weren't doing away with the old ending, but expanding on it. They did just that. I only saw the control ending. It was far more fleshed out and realized than the.mess they gave us originally. Props to bioware for stepping up and fixing this.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I did two endings. I did destroy and I was fucking around and found a secret ending? I shot the catalyst and his little sweet childlike voice turned demonic and I couldn't choose any option.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Yeah they added a fourth ending that you get for shooting him or rejecting all the other options in dialogue.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Guys, could we maybe add spoiler tags to stuff like this? Not everybody's going to load up their pre-endgame saves and watch each ending right away.

'Cause I didn't :/

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Spoiler: The extended Synthesis ending was beautiful. It was everything I had hoped the ending would be and more. It was very touching to see it from EDI's perspective, especially since the story of her individuality, her mortality, became integral to the overall story. It was also great to see the other civilizations rebuild and advance themselves, especially the Krogan. This was much better, much tighter, and more satisfying. Perfect.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    So I think the synthesis ending isn't available to me. Is there something i'm missing? Seems like I can only get two endings...

Spoiler: shoot the kid. I dare you.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    you need to have the galactic readiness at a high enough level to get synthesis

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Damn, that sucks...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

In all seriousness, new single player DLC is out on August 28th, entitled Leviathan.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Spoiler: I loved the original synthesis ending. The new one, while it was clearer etc, I felt it kinda missed the duality of saving all life, uniting organic and non-organic life but at the same time, the infrastructure of the relays was fucked and it would still take years, even centuries for the galaxy to recover from the devastating war. At least thats what I read into the original version.. the new one is very much shiny happy people.
    Yay! DLC! Hope it lives up to Lair of the Shadow Broker...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Bought and Beat Leviathan 100%. It was all right. Not mind-blowing, not bad. I'd suggest it cost 560 MSP though and not 800 MSP as labeled.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Didn't it just come out a few hours ago?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Didn't it just come out a few hours ago?
    Came out today. Even taking my time it only took like 2 hrs tops.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Maybe after all the hurricane BS, I'll check it out.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Looks like PS3 owners will finally be able to play Mass Effect 1, thanks to the trilogy release coming in November.

PS3 owners can also get it as a digital download

Xbox and PC versions are coming out Nov 7. PS3 has to wait a bit.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    cool, I never finished ME 1 on the pc as my laptop didn't run it particularly well.. It'd be good to go through the whole trilogy with a new Shepard.. I hope they retexture some of 1 though, its pretty bland on the eyes compared to me2 and 3

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Nice in keeping certain games exclusive, EA.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    why would you want a game to remain exclusive anyway? Unless its made by a first party surely you want to hit as many people as possible, unless you don't have the resources to do that? Besides its been what, 6 years? that exclusivity contract probably has expired.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidcalm View Post
    why would you want a game to remain exclusive anyway? Unless its made by a first party surely you want to hit as many people as possible, unless you don't have the resources to do that? Besides its been what, 6 years? that exclusivity contract probably has expired.
    I just find it in bad taste with what they are doing with the entire series.

Mass Effect is still licensed and owned by Microsoft (obviously not now with this news), hence why it has never seen the light of day on PS3. It would've remained that way if EA didn't get a hold of the series. They're choking it for as much as they can get out of it. Just find it lame an exclusive title doesn't remain exclusive anymore. Resident Evil 1-3 on Xbox marketplace? No way Jose, can't have that! They stick to the roots and let it remain the way it is and should be.

No, I'm not an Xbox fanboy. I have both systems.

I mean come on, the 3rd game just came out in March and they're already re-releasing the game in a Trilogy set?
    Last edited by Space Suicide; 09-26-2012 at 01:53 PM.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I think it's way to soon for a trilogy release, but beyond that I don't support exclusivity in any way, I know it makes sense marketing wise and really determines some consoles success but I hate the limiting factor of it. I hate the way it limits sales, and audiences, especially when a series jumps ship from console to console (like FF in the SNES to PS jump). I also hate the rampant fanboy bullshit it always spawns.

So yeah I agree that it is definitely a money grabbing scheme by EA, but what isn't that they do these days? I think the fact PS3 owners can finally play the original (which you don't have to buy the trilogy to play!) is nothing but a good thing.