Page 5 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Still haven't played this. I spent most of yesterday evening trying to use the workaround for the face import issue with very little success. I'm looking at ME3's hideous approximation of my ManShep right now and toying with the idea of putting the game away until they come out with a fix—although I've heard tell that might never come, since this apparently isn't a big deal to the developers. Lame.

Between this and all the trouble it took to actually get a copy of the CE (plus the fact that my CE arrived without the promo item I was promised, which is a small thing but an annoying one none the less), I'm starting to dislike this game before I've even played it. I'm not looking forward to actually getting through the damn thing only to get to this ending that everyone seems to hate; if there was one thing I was hoping for from the finale of the trilogy, it was an ending that reflected the myriad choices I'd made over the series. Apparently all the playing everyone's done over the past couple of years doesn't count for shit.

I'm trying to keep hopeful about this—I'm not going to go from being a massive fanboy to cursing BioWare overnight, after all. It just sucks that things have come to this.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Just finished the story mission involving the Citadel and I am loving this game. I'm pleased my fears about lack of content in Single Player due to the addition of Multiplayer turned out to be wrong. My only gripe is with the even worse planet scanning mechanics than those in 2. I honestly wish they'd bring back the explorable planets for resource collection from 1 (with a bit of tweaking and polish, of course). Driving the Mako around barren environments was so much more interesting/less frustrating than this radar/Reaper chase BS.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hula View Post
    Still haven't played this. I spent most of yesterday evening trying to use the workaround for the face import issue with very little success. I'm looking at ME3's hideous approximation of my ManShep right now and toying with the idea of putting the game away until they come out with a fix—although I've heard tell that might never come, since this apparently isn't a big deal to the developers. Lame.

Between this and all the trouble it took to actually get a copy of the CE (plus the fact that my CE arrived without the promo item I was promised, which is a small thing but an annoying one none the less), I'm starting to dislike this game before I've even played it. I'm not looking forward to actually getting through the damn thing only to get to this ending that everyone seems to hate; if there was one thing I was hoping for from the finale of the trilogy, it was an ending that reflected the myriad choices I'd made over the series. Apparently all the playing everyone's done over the past couple of years doesn't count for shit.

I'm trying to keep hopeful about this—I'm not going to go from being a massive fanboy to cursing BioWare overnight, after all. It just sucks that things have come to this.
    Yeah, it's a great game, but when you paly through the second playthrough, expecting everything to be different, and its not, its a huge let down...

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I managed to make a Shepard that was vaguely passable (although wtf was with BioWare removing the ginger hair option? Nobody's hair is crimson in real life) and played for a couple of hours earlier. Loving it so far—the Kinect integration really adds to the gameplay without feeling remotely gimmicky. I know it'd be easier and about a split-second faster to tap the A button at a door to open it, but there's something nice about barking 'open!' at my TV.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    Yeah, it's a great game, but when you paly through the second playthrough, expecting everything to be different, and its not, its a huge let down...
    I have my gripes. But it's not bad enough to curse bioware. I think they've been lacking some lately though (dragon age 2 being another example) for the most part, this one is pretty awesome. A lot of people hate the endings, but not everyone. It was real fun and story was great otherwise.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Just finished Rannoch. SO glad I managed to get "[Rally the Fleet]", because screw having to make the decision.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Man, that story requires a HUGE grain of salt. Anything post-ending that has a FREE pricetag, however, is certainly welcome. I know I've spent plenty of money on ME DLC so it'd be nice to have a bone thrown at us.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Definitely, more multi player classes and maps would be a very welcome addition as well, rather than just re-using existing story assets.
    While multi is fun, I don't think they've put as much effort into it as they could of.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    That'd be nice. But I'll believe it when I see it. In the meantime, I started playing the first one again (second playthrough) . So many things that I either never fully registered, or completely forgot. Like a reaper in first few minutes. Forgot all about that. Been too long I guess.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xmd 5a View Post
    Just finished Rannoch. SO glad I managed to get "[Rally the Fleet]", because screw having to make the decision.
    That was a hardcore ending to the mish, since I couldn't with a VERY high paragon score...

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Yeah, apparently there are tons of pass/fail factors relating to decisions from ME2 that contribute. Apparently I fluked it and met all of the relevant conditions (as well as near-maxed Paragon).

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    The framerate issues with the ps3 version are atrocious. There's no excuse for a game with graphics this shitty to drop below 20 fps.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Finished. It's really hard coming to terms with the fact the series is over. I got way too emotionally involved in it haha.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by xmd 5a View Post
    Finished. It's really hard coming to terms with the fact the series is over. I got way too emotionally involved in it haha.
    Likewise, just did it today. I got it on launch day but prolonged it as much as I could. Is it sad I felt a bit...emotionally disappointed when it came to the ending?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Is it sad that I find this upsetting and a potential heartbreak? I mean the eyes and the tears. I know it's gay to but I'm sorry for her and feel the pain. Around 1:15 mark.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I know it's gay
    I would think it's actually rather heterosexual to be a dude and get upset over turning that hot piece of ass down*

*This has been your obligatory sexist comment

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Hula View Post
    I would think it's actually rather heterosexual to be a dude and get upset over turning that hot piece of ass down*

*This has been your obligatory sexist comment
    LOL. My word choice was pretty askew. I think lame would've worked better to state in my sentence but either way, my condolences to the ever raven haired beauty's sadness over her rejection.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Wretchedest View Post
    That might have very well made my day. Maybe if they fleshed it all out enough to make sense, it'll work. And hopefully they explain the keepers" heh. They said they would and never did. One of those little things that kinda bugged me. Have a feeling they're like the collectors minus the harvesting.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I don't know. I think I'm going to call bullshit on the "New ending." I think whatever they're going to release is probably something they had planned long ago.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Although I welcome and would enjoy a new ending and additional DLC in that vain, I find it a bit sour for them to do. BioWare wrote and made the game as it is as the intended ending, take it or leave it, and the fans and players that dislike it should just take it and stomach it for what it is. It is the intended ending and the true ending in BioWare's writing and eyes.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    Well, I don't interpret that as them changing the endings, more like expanding on them and giving us an idea of where the galaxy goes from there. Not a bad thing, but at the same time, I liked the idea of keeping it open to all sorts of possibilities. I still think it's fine the way it is.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Did anyone pick up any sweet gear from Operation Goliath?
    I picked up the N7 Crusader which has made multi a shit-load easier (Sniper-Shotgun) and a lot of weapon upgrades.
    The new "Premium Veteran Pack" (2 equipment items, then 3 Weapon/Character items) for 33,000 Credits has taken the pain out of upgrading things as well.
    I'm hoping that they might do something different for another event, like fighting all 3 enemies at once, or a combination of the lot.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beef of the Sea View Post
    Did anyone pick up any sweet gear from Operation Goliath?
    I picked up the N7 Crusader which has made multi a shit-load easier (Sniper-Shotgun) and a lot of weapon upgrades.
    The new "Premium Veteran Pack" (2 equipment items, then 3 Weapon/Character items) for 33,000 Credits has taken the pain out of upgrading things as well.
    I'm hoping that they might do something different for another event, like fighting all 3 enemies at once, or a combination of the lot.
    I did and I got the M-98 Widow Sniper rifle. Powerful as hell, kills most things or depletes their health entirely with one hit.

I love the Premium Veteran Packs. I've bought around 5 so far and was able to get some new species finally - Adept Asari, Vanguard Asari, Quarian Infiltrator and a Turian Sentinel.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    It's a hard position to be in. If they make DLC to change the ending then there's going to be accusations of them cutting content at the last minute to charge extra later. I think the safest route to go, to appease the rabid fanbase on both sides of the debate, would be some post-ending DLC that clarifies some of the major plot issues. That way it's more of an added extra than "CHARGIN' ME EXTRA FOR A REAL ENDING GRAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!"

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    I've not seen the endings (no spoilers please!) but if they were really smart at Bioware, what they should do is fix it in a Mass Effect 4.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I seriously doubt they're really changing anything. Some of the future DLC is just going to help the thing make actual sense, hopefully. That's one of my major issues with it. It doesn't make sense. Lack of closure being another. But it was just confusing. How some of the stuff going on is happening is beyond me.

Spoiler
    Normandy getting lost. Wtf? Did Joker just decide "fuck this! Lets get outta here! Shepard's screwed anyway!". If that's the case, karma's a bitch.

/spoiler

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DF118 View Post
    I've not seen the endings (no spoilers please!) but if they were really smart at Bioware, what they should do is fix it in a Mass Effect 4.
    If they didn't do this, I doubt ME4 would sell well. Damage control was much necessary. And if the DLC has gameplay, I'd pay for it. The game wad fun. So why not?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I'm a man possessed. I started a drawing in photoshop with my tablet, this is about 30 minutes of work. Still a lot to go. Guess who?