Thread: Mass Effect

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dogsipod View Post
    Wow. Ea wins again.
    "Mass effect 3 isn't seeing my mass effect 2 saved game" -me
    "Can you load your save game if you insert the ME2 game?"-support
    "Yes"-me
    "Try deleting your mass effect 2 saved game and playing through again."-support
    "....wtf"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    That's idiotic as fuck.

As for your troubles, that's baffling why your import isn't working. I know and have read it's a problem for a lot of people but I had no trouble whatsoever and my imported character's face was acknowledged as well. Hopefully BioWare fixes it.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    ^ I don't have the face problem. That's is what is pissing me off with bioware/EA. They keep telling me it's because I changed my face on mass effect 1 or my saved game is in the cloud. When I tell them I don't have a Xbox it blows their minds and they have no response. What really pisses me off is because they put a unique required code for online play, I can't return or even exchange the game where I bought it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by dogsipod View Post
    Wow. Ea wins again.
    "Mass effect 3 isn't seeing my mass effect 2 saved game" -me
    "Can you load your save game if you insert the ME2 game?"-support
    "Yes"-me
    "Try deleting your mass effect 2 saved game and playing through again."-support
    "....wtf"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Nothing about this is good but it really did make me laugh.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I was able to temper my frustration about my default face not carrying over with a few things - A) My Shep's face needed a change anyway, because when I made it, I messed up his cheekbones and sank in his cheeks too much. I was able to recreate my Shep pretty easily when I was clicking through the options. Even gave the dude a beard. B) I carried over my Level 30 Sentinel profile and all of my upgrades carried over, including what and how much I used them on. I was giddy about that.

For me, not a HUGE deal that it didn't carry over, though I understand everyone's frustrations. I wouldn't be harsh about it, though.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    Bought the DLC, but have yet to see anything about it. Does it open up a certain point?
    Apparently, all I had to do was exit out of the game for it to work. Derp! It was pretty nifty though. Fella didn't look at all like I was expecting.

Mentioned
    40 Post(s)
    I'm not familiar with this franchise, and just found out that ME3 is set in Vancouver. I wonder if you can destroy the Roxy...

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    A small portion of the game is in vancouver...

Hlgame is super rad so far. Very different experiences for my roomate and i. Weve been playing about the same amount of time and things have been pretty different between our games.

Spoiler: funny how any characters who died in your previous playthroughs are essentially given luke warm repplacements. I noticed a big difference in wrex and wreav but there always seems to be a substitute where there would be a familiar face. Its become something of an inside joke around the house.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Fixer808 View Post
    I'm not familiar with this franchise, and just found out that ME3 is set in Vancouver. I wonder if you can destroy the Roxy...
    Already checked....you can't lol.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    For the record, I HATE Banshees.

Damnit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Loving the game so far. Only about ten hours in. I don't know if anybody has been keeping up with the news that in order to get the "perfect" ending you have to play multiplayer to increase your Readiness percentage. Not true. Effective Military Strength is the factor that decides which ending you will receive.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    But apparently the multiplayer makes some sort of difference to the story, or no?

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    From what I've read in multiplayer you can collect War Assets which are then multiplied and transferred to single player War Assests which then increase your readiness percentage. A post by Jarrett Lee from BioWare explained some things to clarify how Assests and Effective Military Strength works in the game.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/Mass...9665384-1.html

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    MP is AWESOME! Too bad for lack of split screen...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by The Becoming View Post
    From what I've read in multiplayer you can collect War Assets which are then multiplied and transferred to single player War Assests which then increase your readiness percentage. A post by Jarrett Lee from BioWare explained some things to clarify how Assests and Effective Military Strength works in the game.

http://social.bioware.com/forum/Mass...9665384-1.html
    Nice! I think I'm going to give it a go, over the weekend. I've absolutely been loving the story. Where I left off, shit got serious. Wish I didn't have to work today...

Also,

Nemesis' are bitches

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    The endings are... so lazy...

Spoiler: essentially, no matter what you do, almost everybody dies, and so they never really explore what happens to the other characters. I would really like to know. I felt like a lot of the game had you setting up for what would happen AFTER you defeat the reapers. Which races would remain and what the dinamic would look like, and they sadly just ended everything as fast as conceivably possible. Really wierd actually.

Also, in my second playthrough, the one where I killed the rachni queen, you STILL get the choice to have the Rachni join you. I was shocked they were even there. Big disappointment for anyone expecting those decisions to have an impact. This is a really great game heald back by lazy endings and unfulfilled promises... I'm trying my damndest to LOSE with my evil gothic lesbian, and they just aren't letting it happen..

I think ME2 will be rememberred as the best in the series...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Oh boy, the ending was absolutely atrocious. And I got what was considered the "best ending". So disappointed in what seemed could have been a great opportunity to cement itself among one of the best game series of all time.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I've heard and read of endings and find it a bit of a surprise but not really.

Sadface.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Kind of disappointed with the ending. I feel like all the work I put in didn't matter in the end.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    The problem was that we came into the game with this promise that the choices we made were really going to matter.... and they did not. Regardless of those choices you made, the missions you have available and their possible outcomes are all the same in ME3. The only major difference, is that if somebody died in a previous game, they are given a lukewarm replacement, though typically well written characers, it would have been nice to see whole missions close off and others opened up based on those choices, increasing replay value, validating the legacy....

And there's the ending. I didn't have aproblem with the whole Spoiler: people who created the reapers, this is way bigger than you think concept but I did have a problem with the fact that Spoiler: no matter what happens you never get a true epilogue, you never get to find out what happens to all of the characters and societies. I invested in these people, it'd be nice to get a decent resolution... You also can't Spoiler: truly be evil. I tried my damndest to fuck everything up with my evil character and still got a good ending.

What they could have done, and what it felt like they were doing was setting it up so that Spoiler: the societies you choose to save and the choices you make, create a post reaper-war enviornment, so that you shape the galaxy beyond the ending of the game. Of course in some ways you do this, but it's not like because you choose to save the geth and kill the quarians, that there's a new political dichotomy, you know?

While a good game, where it really falls apart is by not fulfilling the promises made for the last five years in any way. Character developement is not as strong, which reminds that for some reason, ashley seems to have given up her whole "I hate aliens" thing for a "I don't trust you because you were in cerberus thing" I think it contradicts her established values. But you realize that they really wanted liara and the virmire survivor in the 3rd game, which is why they left them out as squad members in 2...

Also, I think they overfixed the Sentinel. The class was definitely broken in ME2, but they over compensated here. And vanguards are straight up broken. The whole charge->nova->charge->nova repeat thing is absurd. You can level 6 brutes in 30 seconds...

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Pretty disappointed by the ending, also...

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Read the first post in this thread:

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...ndex/9727423/1

and then read this by lookingglasmind:

http://social.bioware.com/forum/1/to...ex/9512916/735

If you can suspend your disbelief, you should put a helmet on your head or something, cause it will likely explode.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    So... the die hardest fans are so let down by the endings that theyve cornered themselves into a place of desperate denial. Damn!

Epic disappoint

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So did anyone else know that you can Hijack an Atlas? Did just discovered this, and it's awesome.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    I read this post from Kotaku and it pretty much sums up how I feel about the let down - http://kotaku.com/5892335/so-theres-...-mass-effect-3

Yep.

Anyway, Spoiler: I chose synthesis, because to me, it makes the most sense from an evolutionary standpoint. I think we all knew that Shepard was going to die at the end of the game, and that he/she wasn't coming back. From a science fiction standpoint, all three endings make perfect sense in the context that they are presented. I assume that any future DLC for the game will tell the story after the game ends as far as how the galaxy continues after Shepard's decision. No regrets at all on my end.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    I read this post from Kotaku and it pretty much sums up how I feel about the let down - http://kotaku.com/5892335/so-theres-...-mass-effect-3

Yep.

Anyway, Spoiler: I chose synthesis, because to me, it makes the most sense from an evolutionary standpoint. I think we all knew that Shepard was going to die at the end of the game, and that he/she wasn't coming back. From a science fiction standpoint, all three endings make perfect sense in the context that they are presented. I assume that any future DLC for the game will tell the story after the game ends as far as how the galaxy continues after Shepard's decision. No regrets at all on my end.
    I made the same choice. Stand by it too. I just wamted more resplution...

Edit: btw i want to clarify that i dont think they should change or can change it. But you cant deny the blueballs and the fact that some promises were broken in terms of the impact of the players choices...
    Last edited by Wretchedest; 03-11-2012 at 08:56 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beef of the Sea View Post
    So did anyone else know that you can Hijack an Atlas? Did just discovered this, and it's awesome.
    Yes, how exactly did you do it? The unoccupied one at the Academy?

I've tried doing this several time when an Atlas is around and no dice. HALP!

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    You can't do it with the first one you come across whilst rescuing the Krogan Queen, but from there on you can.
    You just have to hit the canopy with High Powered weapons (Heavy Pistols / Sniper Rifles) after the shields go down, and the glass should shatter.
    Once the glass is broken, you can snipe the operator, and then climb in.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beef of the Sea View Post
    You can't do it with the first one you come across whilst rescuing the Krogan Queen, but from there on you can.
    You just have to hit the canopy with High Powered weapons (Heavy Pistols / Sniper Rifles) after the shields go down, and the glass should shatter.
    Once the glass is broken, you can snipe the operator, and then climb in.
    I try that all the time but when I snipe him the Atlas explodes. Every time it happens.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Huh, that's weird, maybe you're just too awesome?

There's a heap of videos out there that say pretty much the same thing, but here's one from IGN:

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Does anyone else find media response to the whole ending fiasco really bizarre? Ive read for articles around the net about how fans should basically lie down and accept it. These articles essentially say that opinions on the internet are worthless and that people are just being whiny. Funny how these articles also appear to be opinions on the internet, except with the added icing that their host sites receive advertising revenue from mass effects parent companies and this all seems rather odd.

Endings sucked no matter how you frame it. The series promises were unfupfipled... how was this hard to grasp?

Edit:

It could have easily gone like this, satisfying all parties....:

Spoiler: Shepard defeats the reapers, (or doesn't and everybody dies!) we see how his decisions have effected the post war state of the galaxy (Geth get a seat on the Council! The Krogan Attack Everybody in their weak state!)

You don;t get the Rachni on your sdie unless you save them!

The Geth wont help you unless you saved them!

The collector base has relevance beyond numerical factors!

And shepard sits down on the couch with his lover of choice to watch blasto 6!

Perfect ME3 ending! Lots of variables! Satisfied people!

That's how easy this could have been.

/rant. Great game.... and then you reach the end... :/
    Last edited by Wretchedest; 03-13-2012 at 01:54 AM.