Page 3 of 13 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Thread: Mass Effect

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The dude in GameStop was a dick to me so I went with GameStop.ie for the preorder (and I'll admit the N7 dogtags, however naff they might turn out to be, sweetened the deal a little). In the time between preordering yesterday afternoon and now, GameStop.ie sold out on the Xbox version of the CE. I'm suddenly very glad I decided to fork out for the preorder online :|

I hope everybody who went with Game gets a copy in the end. I'm not mad at Game for what happened but I will admit it's kinda shitty that things turned out this way, especially if people don't even find out about it in time to go with a new retailer.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Got an e-mail confirmation from Best Buy about my CE being set to ship. So stoked.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    2 days. I'm hyperventilating.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Not ready, heh. My last playthrough didn't end so pleasantly. So I've been replaying ME2. Trying to finish where everyone survived.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I've been trying to breeze through a second playthrough but I've come to realise this game is like a fine wine—it needs to be sipped in rich mouthfuls, not downed in one go. Trying to get through it again quickly was just making me resent the franchise.

Either way, fd;jilsjgodfj/gihlgf CAN'T WAIT. I think I'm just going to have to go on hiatus from the internet until my copy ships since it'll be so painful to see Americans posting about how blown their minds are :/

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    I might go into hiatus from this thread until I finish ME2. I refuse to start ME3 with my barren, old save file. I cringe even thinking about it. But, maybe after I finish ME3, I'll go back and import the other file; with a lot of dead people.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I was going to do that but I said fuck it. I like the game a lot but this game is a long haul and takes a lot of patience to beat with concise goals. I beat the game once and all DLC minus Overlord. That's good enough for me with an import, even with deaths of some squad members. They weren't ones I used much anyways (Jack, Thane, Tali and Kasumi). Though I must admit, not having Kasumi (even if she's just DLC) or Thane breaks my heart...just a little. I don't like Jack and I never much used Tali. Oh well.

Like I said about replays being long and such, one friend on my friends list has been playing both the first and second game since late December and has beaten them multiple times over and over and over again. That'd be so boring and an overkill for me.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    My main party was Shepherd, grunt, and tali. Out of nowhere, grunt gets picked up by a swarm and dies. Not sure what I did to lose his loyalty. Tali was my lady friend, so she survived, obviously. Only survivors I had were tali, Jacob, garrus, and Katsumi. Overlord was a struggle because of the deaths. I was grateful, however, when I found out that Arrival was solo.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Only Miranda died in my ME2 play through with all the DLC. I'd be more pissed but by the end of the game I was getting pretty annoyed with her. She was all 'why don't you go be with your BFF, Jack?' and I was all 'sup yo, I was sticking up for both of you!' and she was all 'ner ner ner' so yeah I'm kinda glad I don't have to put up with that, even after I did her loyalty mission. I kinda liked that in ME2 I just did my own thing, some things went bad, some things went good. I want to see how it plays out, its almost missing the point if all you want is the super good ending all the time.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I thought Clint Mansell was supposed to make the soundtrack for ME3, but it seems only 2 tracks of 25 are by Mansell. As a fan of Mansell I was exited to hear he's doing the soundtrack for ME3, but this is just disappointing (the tracks are great, but still).

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by liquidcalm View Post
    Only Miranda died in my ME2 play through with all the DLC. I'd be more pissed but by the end of the game I was getting pretty annoyed with her. She was all 'why don't you go be with your BFF, Jack?' and I was all 'sup yo, I was sticking up for both of you!' and she was all 'ner ner ner' so yeah I'm kinda glad I don't have to put up with that, even after I did her loyalty mission. I kinda liked that in ME2 I just did my own thing, some things went bad, some things went good. I want to see how it plays out, its almost missing the point if all you want is the super good ending all the time.
    I TRIED SO HARD to get her killed in my evil gothic lesbian playthrough... I HATE that bitch. But it just wouldn't happen.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ax Mr. L View Post
    I thought Clint Mansell was supposed to make the soundtrack for ME3, but it seems only 2 tracks of 25 are by Mansell. As a fan of Mansell I was exited to hear he's doing the soundtrack for ME3, but this is just disappointing (the tracks are great, but still).
    Yeah, they kinda misled us there. From very early on it was suggested that Mansell would be in charge of the music and even now, you have to dig around a bit to find out that he's actually only done a portion of it. Lame.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Just finally got around to playing the demo. Action mode, wtf? Oh well. I know what mode I won't be playing. Excited for tomorrow. And since I highly doubt I'm going to finish ME2 by then, I guess I'll just suck it up and import the other file...

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I screwed Miranda in my mass Effect 2 playthrough. I'll do it again in 3. Her ass is awesome...like literally. She has a 'donk.

Anyways, I am so stoked for tomorrow. Getting my copy at 10 am asap when Gamestop opens.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Anyone keeping track of the Alliance News Network?

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Beef of the Sea View Post
    Anyone keeping track of the Alliance News Network?
    Yup! It's a neat idea, but it looks a little out of place on Twitter amid the stream of the people I'm following talking about what they're eating and musicians announcing tours.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I screwed Miranda in my mass Effect 2 playthrough. I'll do it again in 3. Her ass is awesome...like literally. She has a 'donk.

Anyways, I am so stoked for tomorrow. Getting my copy at 10 am asap when Gamestop opens.
    I tried to. Then Jack came along and screwed everything up. Then, suddenly, Tali wasn't so bad of an option.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Piko View Post
    I tried to. Then Jack came along and screwed everything up. Then, suddenly, Tali wasn't so bad of an option.
    I don't like Jack, never did. I found her too sour and ugly as all hell. I'm not upset she died in my ME2 playthrough.

It's 9:26 AM. I'm going to get my copy in around 40 minutes...oh man.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    I got it. It's glorious....

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Hearing LOTS of people can't important the appearance of their shep. What a stupid fucking thing to overlook

Edit: Yeah I could not.
    Last edited by Wretchedest; 03-06-2012 at 01:54 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Mine imported just fine and my ME2 Shepherd had a custom face. I changed it to default anyways as I really couldn't stand the way my ME2 Shep looked.

This game is addictive and fun. it's gonna take my life away this month. I'm already Level 6 in Multiplayer and have progressed well in single player. Currently sitting on 120 G thus far.

I can post photos of my N7 collector's edition if anyone is curious what was involved/came in it.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Do you work/have school? lol. I see you online literally every time I sit down to play haha.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    Do you work/have school? lol. I see you online literally every time I sit down to play haha.
    Haha. I got lucky this semester. I have classes 2 days a week (Mon and Weds) that span from 8 am to 1:20 PM.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    So how's the multiplayer? Probably going to play single player first, but I'm curious.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    So how's the multiplayer? Probably going to play single player first, but I'm curious.
    It's good. Think of Mass Effect and a Gears of War Horde Mode crossover. Fun stuff.

I just beat the From Ashes DLC. Wow. It's got great insight and story points. Definitely should buy it if you hadn't.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    this blows bawls...can't import my me2 shepard. i used the default face, never saved to the cloud, and played on the ps3. i can pop in me2 and play that game so...wtf.

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    It's good. Think of Mass Effect and a Gears of War Horde Mode crossover. Fun stuff.

I just beat the From Ashes DLC. Wow. It's got great insight and story points. Definitely should buy it if you hadn't.
    Bought the DLC, but have yet to see anything about it. Does it open up a certain point?

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Bought the DLC, but have yet to see anything about it. Does it open up a certain point?
    Nah, it's availible right from the get go after you leave the Citadel for the first time and have control of where the Normandy goes. It's on Eden Prime in the Exodus Cluster.

Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    There's apparently a workaround but it's a lot of effort for something that doesn't seem to boast the best results for everyone. Better than nothing, I guess. I'm just hoping they'll patch this by the time of the Euro release.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Wow. Ea wins again.
    "Mass effect 3 isn't seeing my mass effect 2 saved game" -me
    "Can you load your save game if you insert the ME2 game?"-support
    "Yes"-me
    "Try deleting your mass effect 2 saved game and playing through again."-support
    "....wtf"

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk