Faceplams Faceplams:  0

Thread: Father John Misty

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

Father John Misty

New album out 3/31

Mentioned
    64 Post(s)
    Listening to Pure Comedy now. I really enjoy it!

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Anyone else find this clown's schtick the exact opposite of clever/funny/ironic?

Mentioned
    65 Post(s)
    you either get into it or you drown in your cynicism, thinking you're better than it.

i think this man is sexy as hell.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Album leaked super early because of Apple. :0

God's Favorite Customer

1. Hangout at the Gallows
    2. Mr. Tillman
    3. Just Dumb Enough to Try
    4. Date Night
    5. Please Don’t Die
    6. The Palace
    7. Disappointing Diamonds Are the Rarest of Them All
    8. God’s Favorite Customer
    9. The Songwriter
    10. We’re Only People (And There’s Not Much Anyone Can Do About That)
    Last edited by Amaro; 04-20-2018 at 07:50 PM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)

Father John Misty / Josh Tillman Thread

What's to say? I am surprised he doesn't have a thread on here as I'm sure there'd be a few fans on ETS. I don't think there's a Fleet Foxes thread either, anyways....

A lot know me here as the doom and gloom guy who has a huge hard on for abrasive, dark, satanic and impressionable metal but I do have a unique, softer side that spills out from time to time. A recent itch has been scratched in the background with Josh Tillman's Father John Misty alter ego: a cynical, darkly grim and satire laced character whom is often OVERLY pretentious. I don't take his behavior or appearances seriously but his lyrics are skillfully written and always accompanied by fantastic musicianship.

He had an album (God's Favorite Customer) release last month and it fits at home with his discography. I don't expect this thread to take off however I will the music speak for itself,

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    FJM is that dude. His records are fantastic and I adore the newest one a lot.

Plus, he covered Nine Inch Nails! ... so he's a-okay in my book. Still haven't had the chance to catch him live, but hopefully will someday.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thefragile_jake View Post
    FJM is that dude. His records are fantastic and I adore the newest one a lot.

Plus, he covered Nine Inch Nails! ... so he's a-okay in my book. Still haven't had the chance to catch him live, but hopefully will someday.
    His Arcade Fire “The Suburbs” cover is amazing also!

Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    So late to the party. Just discovered this guy right before his newest record came out and absolutely love this dude.

Great musician.

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    I loved his last record, but the new one hasn't hit me yet. I'm hoping it will grow on me. And there was a Fleet Foxes forum on the old ETS. There used to be a lot of modern bands discussed, but it sort of disappeared when the website went down.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    There was a FJM thread before this...

http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...her-John-Misty

Motion to merge!

The new album has grown on me since it leaked so early on, or at least in the way of songs individually standing out... Sometimes, at first, even good stuff can get lost in the throws of a new record that isn't totally hitting the spot for one reason or another.

The album's pacing is certainly better than Pure Comedy, which just came on too strong/memorable and left so much lull for about more than the second half. I remember one night earlier this year, after being acquainted with the record enough, after really vibing the first half--I just had to stop it. *smh*

I actually still need to experience I Love You, Honeybear proper-proper. I think I'll do that now.
    Last edited by Amaro; 07-14-2018 at 07:35 AM.

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Amaro View Post
    There was a FJM thread before this...

http://www.echoingthesound.org/commu...her-John-Misty

Motion to merge!

The new album has grown on me since it leaked so early on, or at least in the way of songs individually standing out... Sometimes, at first, even good stuff can get lost in the throws of a new record that isn't totally hitting the spot for one reason or another.

The album's pacing is certainly better than Pure Comedy, which just came on too strong/memorable and left so much lull for about more than the second half. I remember one night earlier this year, after being acquainted with the record enough, after really vibing the first half--I just had to stop it. *smh*

I actually still need to experience I Love You, Honeybear proper-proper. I think I'll do that now.
    I bought physical copies of some of his albums yesterday finally. I’ve had digital files prior.

Not sure why I didn’t find this when I searched his name. I always search threads before I make them to double check. Merge it then @Lt. Randazzo

Mentioned
    161 Post(s)