Page 50 of 147 FirstFirst ... 40 48 49 50 51 52 60 100 ... LastLast
Results 1,471 to 1,500 of 4404

Thread: Trump 2017: Year Zero

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I can tell this whole mess is going to go in history books, I know there are people here who know more than me so far as the history of elections/presidency/administrations, has anything this big (even if his ties end up being nothing and this whole Russian thing is a non-issue from here forward) ever happened? This just seems so huge and unreal to me, having only been old enough to remember from Clinton forward.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    I can tell this whole mess is going to go in history books, I know there are people here who know more than me so far as the history of elections/presidency/administrations, has anything this big (even if his ties end up being nothing and this whole Russian thing is a non-issue from here forward) ever happened? This just seems so huge and unreal to me, having only been old enough to remember from Clinton forward.
    I guess it depends on who you ask... for people who believe "9/11 was an inside job," their claims are definitely more serious (and also generally nonsense).

But yeah, this is really crazy.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I smell obstruction of justice, or Nixon called and want's his job back
    -Louie

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I guess it depends on who you ask... for people who believe "9/11 was an inside job," their claims are definitely more serious (and also generally nonsense).

But yeah, this is really crazy.
    But 9/11 WAS an inside job. Trump did it.

(/sarcasm)

I do think this will be studied in history books in the future. We elected a reality TV star with no political experience to one of the most powerful offices in the world, and there's evidence that it's partly due to Russian influence. How would that NOT make it into textbooks?

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I do think this will be studied in history books in the future. We elected a reality TV star with no political experience to one of the most powerful offices in the world, and there's evidence that it's partly due to Russian influence. How would that NOT make it into textbooks?
    Of course it will make history books... it'll be the first time a tweet makes history... "All negative polls are fake news" will make the history books.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    What a mess ... The worst part is nothing will happen. I don't think anyone else is getting fired. Especially not Sessions. He's a pillar of Trump's administration.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    The whole political system of the USA became less than a farce in a few weeks. It is beyond embarrasing and not excusable anymore. As if open conspiracies are any better than hidden ones.
    Its like watching a dynamic which can't be stopped by humans. maybe an emergent phenomena of post-capitalist societies. full factorization into very confined echochambers/noospheric landscapes.
    Last edited by baudolino; 03-02-2017 at 08:22 AM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    What a mess ... The worst part is nothing will happen. I don't think anyone else is getting fired. Especially not Sessions. He's a pillar of Trump's administration.
    I think some of the worst victims are ms victims of con and fraud, because the have to admit they were dumb enough to fall for it, will americans be willing to admit they were so thoroughly duped
    -Louie

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Is Trumpism the new punk rock?
    http://theweek.com/articles/682416/t...-new-punk-rock

What?

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Well, today he recused himself of the Russia inquiry, so that's something at least. He should absolutely be removed rom office, but this is his appeal to side-step being forced to resign.

Roger Stone, one of the others on Trump's team accused of improper meetings with Russian officials, said on February 15th that “The president should tell his attorney general that either he finds proof of this, or he puts it to bed and announces none of it happened.”

We'll never get to the bottom of this, naturally, but connecting the dots there is making me feel like a conspiracy theorist.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Hey guys remember how supposedly having a private email server for government work was worthy of imprisonment?

Yeah so are we gonna all wear Pence for Prison shirts now or ... ?

http://hill.cm/5WBlqsM

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Of course this is the "anything can happen" presidency, but I do believe that this Russian scandal will cripple Trump's term in office.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I'd totally vote for Oprah.

Just sayin'.

Although, Gayle King says it ain't happening so forget it. Oh well.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    I'd vote for Oprah. I totally trust her. She wouldn't help the Duggars. That's enough for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    What should he go to prison for? The biggest prison-worthy issue with Hillary was her sending classified info. Do we really think a governor is going to be emailing classified docs? Like... really? You think a governor has a stack of TS/SCI docs at hand?
    It's a point about hypocrisy, which is something you seem to like to call out democrats for. I know you like to play devil's advocate here, but the point holds.
    I don't think Pence should be locked up for this. I also think the Clinton email thing was ludicrous harping on an issue that most people who were outspoken about had little to no understanding of.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    It's not unless you demonstrate the hypocrisy. So far it hasn't been demonstrated. There is no parallel to "Hillary for prison"

There were also plenty of republican private email servers before Hillary and they had few parallels.

If you have no idea what is going on, all you see is "private email server" and that's all that registers in your head. Seems to be the case here?
    The issue with most of the initial criticism of Clinton's email-handling was related to her poor judgement - to infer that she was sloppily unqualified to handle sensitive information that would need to be secured. Pence used this opportunity to call her "the most dishonest candidate for president of the united states since Richard Nixon." Meanwhile, he was using a fucking AOL account to read and respond to FBI reports on terrorism and national security, and then that email account is hacked.

I mean, if you don't see anything there that could be called "hypocrisy," I would suggest that you might be enjoying some semantic gymnastics.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    get's even deeper i guess the alt-right can say fun while it lasted
    -Louie

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    What should he go to prison for? The biggest prison-worthy issue with Hillary was her sending classified info. Do we really think a governor is going to be emailing classified docs? Like... really? You think a governor has a stack of TS/SCI docs at hand?
    yes
    -louie

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I'd totally vote for Oprah.

Just sayin'.

Although, Gayle King says it ain't happening so forget it. Oh well.
    The headline I saw about that story said "President Oprah?"

IT WOULD BE PRESIDENT WINFREY, YOU FUCKING MORON. WE DIDN'T JUST HAVE PRESIDENT BARACK, PRESIDENT GEORGE, AND PRESIDENT BILL. LAST NAMES, PEOPLE. LAST NAMES.

Sorry. Tired and cranky and angry at journalists who suck at even the tiniest and least important parts of their jobs.

As you were.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    I swear to god that arguing with me in a condescending way is your fetish or something
    @Jinsai basically already explained it. I don't think either of them belong in prison for it. But what I do think is that Pence and all of those InfoWars-shirt-wearing lunatics that chanted shit like "lock her up" over it and acted as though her judgment was inherently flawed and that she couldn't be depended on to "keep our secrets safe" were/are total fucking hypocrites for not caring about this.

Way before anyone even knew what was on that server, it was being brought up in primary debates and the news was covering it basically 24/7, aside from the occasional break to show us the next Trump rally. Pence and Trump and almost every Republican around came out to condemn it and act as though her having a private server was a thoroughly disqualifying and even prison-worthy happening. Now we find out that Pence had the exact same thing and they couldn't give a shit, and why? Because he's not Hillary Clinton, that's why.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Why is the US media so obsessed with Russia..im not sure what to make of these constant accusations....

I dont want to make Russia the victim at all..its malicious, ruthless, nasty..its not a friend...im sure they tried to influence the election...but the depths to which they did....im not sure..

But there has been no evidence of any Russian involvement...ever since Trump won few months ago..its been non stop Russia...

I agree they need to investigate..because you cannot trust Russia...but nothing has come up so far...

Its starting to look desperate..

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exocet View Post

But there has been no evidence of any Russian involvement...
    What are you talking about?!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    What are you talking about?!
    the email leaks were not released by Russia they were released by a whistleblower within the DNC...

Craig Murray former British Ambassador to Uzbekistan has met the whistleblower who gave the files to Wikileaks..

other than those podesta email leaks.. what else has put Russia in the frame???

They obviously used their propaganda but what else?

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    well, right now we could be looking at trying Sessions with perjury, which is a huge deal. We have Flynn resigning upon the discovery that he was not forthcoming about his communications with Russia. For some reason, the top brass of this administration is playing coy about the whole thing, first denying any communications with Russia, and then moving on to wash their hands of cabinet members who were found to have communicated with Russia. Then yesterday this article came out

It all looks suspicious. Trump is acting suspicious. If it turns out that Trump and his campaign were in any way conspiring with Russia to influence our election in any way, that's a huge deal. I don't understand how anyone could look at how suspicious this is and say "what's the big deal?" Trump already invited Russia to hack Hilary Clinton on a public stage. This goes beyond perjury if it turns out to be true.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    An opinion piece from Fox News? Let me go fetch a response from Huffington Post or Occupy Democrats.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    i hope this iseen and read really scary: http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...omic-terrorism
    there's a prison to fill
    -louie

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    According to trump on twitter, Obama tapped trump tower phones before the elections. He of course provides no sources and no other information.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    According to trump on twitter, Obama tapped trump tower phones before the elections. He of course provides no sources and no other information.

He got the info from Breitfart and they got the info from Mark Levin who wrote and is promoting his Trump book. And then I spent about 20 minutes reading the COMMENTS on the Bretfart post, where people are accusing Obama of having gay affairs during golf trips, and having threesomes with Michelle and Valerie Jarrett, both of whom they think are true "witches" who are casting spells, and they want Obama imprisoned in Gitmo for being a treasonous Muslim, and when posters go against them they site Soros as having paid them. holy crap I didn't know those nutjobs were so plentiful.

http://www.breitbart.com/big-governm...dermine-trump/
    Last edited by allegro; 03-04-2017 at 10:03 AM.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    holy crap I didn't know those nutjobs were so plentiful.
    I had that terrifying moment of realization sometime around when the "pizza gate" scandal landed... I just sat there, reading everything twice in disbelief, and just not knowing what to think. Of course, I always knew there were crazy people in this country. There's crazy people everywhere...

I had no idea how many angry and REALLY crazy people there were in this country. See, that's why I still don't get why Trump won. I was "out of touch" with the fucking crazy people.