Page 128 of 147 FirstFirst ... 28 78 118 126 127 128 129 130 138 ... LastLast
Results 3,811 to 3,840 of 4404

Thread: Trump 2017: Year Zero

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    It's possible that he was at one time, based off ignorance, but he certainly is not anymore. He talked about it when he performed with Elton John years ago.
    Em uses words like Fag as a word to refer to someone as stupid in the same vain as Retard. He ain't homophobic but he also doesn't mind stirring shit up too

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    "I Hate everyone"--President Donald J Trump

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017...house-advisers

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    "I Hate everyone"--President Donald J Trump

https://www.vanityfair.com/news/2017...house-advisers
    "You know me..."

The Puerto Rico tweets from this morning are horrible. What's wrong with him? Is it coz he's fucking it up so bad? He's blaming them instead of his leadership. It's just so gross. Saying FEMA can't stay forever. It just happened!

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    "You know me..."

The Puerto Rico tweets from this morning are horrible. What's wrong with him? Is it coz he's fucking it up so bad? He's blaming them instead of his leadership. It's just so gross. Saying FEMA can't stay forever. It just happened!
    I wouldn't be shocked to learn that Trump is unaware that Puerto Ricans are U.S. citizens.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    i don't like this kind of thinking i hearing this from the right with Harvey because he gave money to Hillery, did Sean square-head belief spoungepants hannity say anything about his boss or billy lopha boy o'rilley, because you share my political beliefs does not give you a"hall-pass" to be an asshole. It makes you an asshole who shares my political beliefs. This isn't some kind of team anyone who uses a position of power to force another person to do things against their will is an asshole don't really care who you voted for or gave money to just ask the pussy grabber in the oval office.
    -Louie

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    i don't like this kind of thinking i hearing this from the right with Harvey because he gave money to Hillery, did Sean square-head belief spoungepants hannity say anything about his boss or billy lopha boy o'rilley, because you share my political beliefs does not give you a"hall-pass" to be an asshole. It makes you an asshole who shares my political beliefs. This isn't some kind of team anyone who uses a position of power to force another person to do things against their will is an asshole don't really care who you voted for or gave money to just ask the pussy grabber in the oval office.
    -Louie
    I watched FOX for a few minutes and you would think that the DNC and Clinton were in the hotel rooms, offices, etc. when the rapes/assult/harassment was taking place.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    The fucking Cheeto President can Tweet whatever he wants, including threatening North Korea with nuclear arms, or saying that Mika from Morning Joe was "bleeding badly from her facelift" blah blah blah blah and inciting discord every day.

But Twitter suspended Rose McGowan's account yesterday for speaking the truth about the Harvey Weinstein sexual harassment and abuse.

Fuck you, Twitter.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    "You know me..."

right and I'm thinking that someone DEFINITELY needs to tell him that Puerto Rico is a U.S. territory. He's talking like it's a foreign country.
    this is white nationalism in my opinion.
    Last edited by elevenism; 10-12-2017 at 10:58 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by elevenism View Post
    right and I'm thinking that someone DEFINITELY needs to tell him that Puerto Rico is a U.S. territory. He's talking like it's a foreign country.
    this is white nationalism in my opinion.
    PR didn’t vote for him (they can’t vote in Presidential elections); he doesn’t give a shit about those who didn’t vote for him. Plus, yes, they’re brown people.
    Last edited by allegro; 10-12-2017 at 11:18 AM.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    PR didn’t vote for him (they can’t vote in Presidential elections); he doesn’t give a shit about those who didn’t vote for him. Plus, yes, they’re brown people.
    they pay payroll taxes and can get drafted. they deserve all the help afforded to any other us citizens I think. And I seriously think the main problem is that they're brown.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    they pay payroll taxes and can get drafted. they deserve all the help afforded to any other us citizens I think. And I seriously think the main problem is that they're brown.
    He seriously doesn't give a shit about people who didn't vote for him; he mentioned the California wildfires one time, and I bet that's all that's gonna come out of him. He said he's talked to California's Governor, but watch Chump not go out of his way to do anything. Because ... California. Just like he keeps shit-talking Chicago all the fucking time. Chicago, the place where the Chump morons decided to have a Chump rally at the University of Illinois at Chicago and the students protested so much, the rally had to be canceled. And Trump never got over that. He has a vendetta. He just never stops LYING about this "mystery cop" who claimed he could stop crime immediately.

Chicago's problem is THE BUDGET, Union pensions, costs, property taxes don't match expenses (Cook County pays the least taxes in the Chicagoland area), Chicago is broke from DECADES of dumb Daley decisions, we need WAY more police, we need STRICTER gun laws to keep offenders in prison, we need more jails due to overcrowding ...

Trump just needs to STFU or put his money where his mouth is... give us Federal help, make gun violations a Federal crime, put these gun offenders in Fed prison (a/k/a Siberia, which scares the shit out of gang members), etc.

He's comparing 1970s NYC to current Chicago, and MANY SCOTUS decisions have happened since then that make Giuliani's tactics totally illegal in current times, that "law and order" shit is just MORE NIXON.

You just suggested that I watch "Get Me Roger Stone" -- Stone is, of course, a huge Trump supporter and advisor, helped a ton with the Trump campaign, and Stone has a GIANT NIXON TATTOO.

Last edited by allegro; 10-12-2017 at 12:26 PM.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    He seriously doesn't give a shit about people who didn't vote for him
    ok so i was thinking about this and wondering: is there a precedent for this attitude in recent history?
    I never got the impression that any of the presidents in my lifetime actually didn't care about people who didn't vote for them.

I wondered about Nixon though. Also, do you think that the country is as divided now as it was in the late vietnam era?

also, re: Stone's Nixon tattoo. it's fucking NUTS, right?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    The country was REALLY divided in the 60s, especially due to the Civil Rights Act; it's pretty much why so many Southern states flipped to being Republican, solely due to integration, busing, race riots, the Voting Rights Act, etc. and add to that the Vietnam War.

I don't think things are as bad, now, as they were then, but it's certainly HEADED that way and with a President who evidently worships Nixon's bad side.

The things that makes Chump DIFFERENT than Nixon is: Nixon was really smart and Nixon was often pretty liberal (he's responsible for lots of liberal laws and policies still around today).

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    The things that makes Chump DIFFERENT than Nixon is: Nixon was really smart and Nixon was often pretty liberal (he's responsible for lots of liberal laws and policies still around today).
    Sorry, I know this is really off-topic, but I'm curious about what some of those policies are. (Not challenging you, because I know you're right. I'm honestly curious as I didn't realize he was responsible for any current liberal policies.)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Sorry, I know this is really off-topic, but I'm curious about what some of those policies are. (Not challenging you, because I know you're right. I'm honestly curious as I didn't realize he was responsible for any current liberal policies.)
    Well, first, he actually proposed affordable healthcare.

* He desegregated schools and instituted mandated busing programs

In ''One of Us: Richard Nixon and the American Dream,'' Tom Wicker, a former columnist for The Times, assessed the president's efforts. ''There's no doubt about it -- the Nixon administration accomplished more in 1970 to desegregate Southern school systems than had been done in the 16 previous years, or probably since,'' he wrote. ''There's no doubt either that it was Richard Nixon personally who conceived, orchestrated and led the administration's desegregation effort. Halting and uncertain before he finally asserted strong control, that effort resulted in probably the outstanding domestic achievement of his administration.''
    * the EPA

* the 1970 Clean Air Act

* the Endangered Species Act

* the National Oceanic and Atmospheric Administration (NOAA)

* food assistance programs

* the Occupational Safety and Health Act (OSHA)

* 1969 Executive Order regarding Affirmative Action

See this article.

“The trouble with far-right conservatives like Buckley,” Nixon told Whitaker, “is that they really don’t give a damn about people and the voters sense that. Yet any Republican presidential candidate can’t stray too far from the right-wingers because they can dominate a primary and are even more important in close general elections. Remember, John,” Nixon lectured, “the far-right kooks are just like the nuts on the left, they’re door-bell ringers and balloon blowers, but they turn out to vote. There is only one thing as bad as a far-left liberal and that’s a damn right-wing conservative.” Whitaker wrote that this and other conversations he had with Nixon were indicative of “Nixon’s visceral tilt towards the moderate/liberal side when dealing with domestic legislation, coupled with his respect (maybe fear is a better word) for the political clout of the right wing, so necessary to win national elections."

In a single day in 1971, Nixon famously imposed wage and price controls in a naïve attempt to curb inflation, ended the U.S.’s last ties to the gold standard, effectively devalued the dollar, and imposed a 10 percent import surcharge. The list of agencies he created from scratch includes the EPA, the Council on Environmental Quality, and the Occupational Safety and Health Administration. He signed the command-and-control Clean Air Act into law and instituted racial quotas as federal policy. “Incredible but true,” Fortune magazine recalled upon Nixon’s death in 1994. “It was the Nixonites that gave us employment quotas.” As historian Joan Hoff has noted, “Not until the Nixon administration did ‘affirmative action’ begin to become synonymous with ‘civil rights.’”
    Last edited by allegro; 10-12-2017 at 11:21 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    here's a little audio on what a good man he is: and yes it's that donald rums field
    -Louie

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    here's a little audio on what a good man he is: and yes it's that donald rums field
    -Louie
    LOL Yeah, well, nobody said he was a NICE GUY, LOL

He also went back-and-forth about civil rights; one minute he was championing it, the next minute ... Southern Strategy

He also DRANK.

A LOT.

http://www.politico.com/magazine/sto...pur-war-119021

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Also, do you think that the country is as divided now as it was in the late vietnam era?
    I've talked to a few people I know who were of age in the Vietnam era, and they've all basically said that it's not QUITE as bad, but every single one I've talked to has had to pause for a few seconds before stating that, though. One of them said that while the internet is a terrible aid in how divided we are right now, it's also helping people be smarter about exactly HOW they are being divided. That alone brought up another whole discussion. Another person said that it's definitely going to get just as bad if not worse before it gets any better. But yeah, general consensus is that it's not as divided but really goddamn close.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Ok so I think Trump has confirmed that he actually doesn't understand how commonwealths and territories work.
    He said that he "met with the president of the Virgin Islands."
    He met with the governor. Obviously, TRUMP is the "President of the Virgin Islands."
    Even if this was a slip, I think it shows where his head is on all this.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    "Picture a leader with no fucking brains."

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    he thinks sir Charles branson is president of the virgin Islands
    -Louie

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    There should be a pre-campaign requirement where potential candidates are put on Jeopardy. If it becomes blatantly obvious that someone doesn't know what the fuck they're talking about in every single topic that comes up, they're barred from running.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    There should be a pre-campaign requirement where potential candidates are put on Jeopardy. If it becomes blatantly obvious that someone doesn't know what the fuck they're talking about in every single topic that comes up, they're barred from running.
    If that wasn't obvious from the campaign itself, then I don't know what to tell you.

Had a great nightmare last night about an ICBM hitting my city. Thanks, America!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    pass a citizenship test, i know a lot of people who can't i don't think trump could, do you honestly think he knows the three branches of government or how many people are on the supreme court?
    -Louie

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Holy jesus. Now Trump has provoked Iran.
    The Iranian President has vowed to expand Iran's ballistic missile programs.
    Referring to Trump's speech, he said that "manners and attitude have great importance" and " Iran...will not yield to forceful talking and hateful speeches from a dictator. "

Good job, DJ.

So it's been cool knowing you guys.
    Last edited by elevenism; 10-14-2017 at 06:01 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    dumb dumb Donnie, is driven only by ego, the Iran deal was a smart well thought out deal pulling out could have disastrous after shocks given the recent hurricanes gas prices to spike again, Russia, has strong ties to Iran, any gains in Syria could be lost and the middle east could be thrown into a whole new chaos i think the 25 amendment should only be invoked in extreme emergencies, but i think we're getting there, the markets are still cruising, but it's only a matter of time tax cuts do not create jobs they actually cost job, when corporations get money through tax cuts they one consolidate,costing jobs, invest in automation, costing jobs, believing the lies bowing down to the flag, your brain dead, ya got a fucking bullet in your head
    -Louie

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    I was thinking this weekend: you remember what the Middle East looked like before the fundamentalists took over? Maybe it's my lack of education and poor correlation skills, but it sure does seem familiar.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    A federal judge in Hawaii has officially blocked the orange shitbag's re-revised travel ban...a day before it was set to take effect. lol.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    45* claims he has proof that he didn't tell a soldier's widow that "he knew what he signed up for".

Well, I was willing to be skeptical about the whole story before, but if you're going to come out and go "nuh-uh, I totes didn't say that and I have proof", I'm going to think you a liar until I see said proof.

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    45* claims he has proof that he didn't tell a soldier's widow that "he knew what he signed up for".

Well, I was willing to be skeptical about the whole story before, but if you're going to come out and go "nuh-uh, I totes didn't say that and I have proof", I'm going to think you a liar until I see said proof.
    I would love for it to be not true. I hate to think of him talking to a widow like that. Her pain is already so great and this asshole has no tact, no manners, no clue. Jfc