Page 38 of 147 FirstFirst ... 28 36 37 38 39 40 48 88 138 ... LastLast
Results 1,111 to 1,140 of 4404

Thread: Trump 2017: Year Zero

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    So someone told her "don't do that again" and she's free to go about her business as usual.

Super helpful.
    i slapped her wrist and said no gold star for you today now get back to lying your ass off
    -louie
    Last edited by Louie_Cypher; 02-09-2017 at 09:24 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    I'm in. I'm going with 1 year tops.

I read today that he has already filed re-election papers.
    He has to in order to keep his campaign fund open.

I'm going for 8 months.

For misuse of campaign funds.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Sure but there is still the glaring discrepancy between supporting pro Israel trump and their worldview - these are people who won't watch movies made by film studios that have Jewish executives... who repeatedly state that political parties and candidates infiltrated by what they call "ZOG" are the #2 enemy (after Jews themselves)... It's totally at odds with their whole ideology

Obviously, they're a bunch of stupid deluded hypocrites, but usually they maintain a consistency with their narrative, hence languishing at the fringes of politics and society. It makes me wonder if there has actually been some kind of reassurance given to them
    No I think that Duke is stupid and delusional.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    so the wall is now estimated to cost 22 billion dollars, and will take three years to build... These numbers just seem to steadily be going up...

These Trump supporters want the wall as a gesture, they know it's not going to accomplish anything. I would love to ask these people: Would you rather have the wall, or fifty thousand dollars in your pocket right now? I guarantee you, 98% of them would say "give me the money now." The other 2% would be split between liars and people in the top 1% economic bracket who find the whole thing rather amusing.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    And the wall doesn't account for the TUNNELS.

This shit that Trump keeps spewing about Chicago, WITH BULLSHIT NUMBERS AND INFORMATION, is maddening.

He keeps talking about Chicago, but he never puts his money where his mouth is. So far, Chicago leaders have said, yeah, bring on the Feds! We could use some help.

But from Trump: crickets.

The other day, he blamed gang violence on illegal immigrants, even though vast majority of gang-related deaths are among BLACK PEOPLE. Where are they illegal immigrants from, exactly? Indiana?

And, NOBODY in these conversations ever blames the real culprit: DRUGS.

They site "lack of jobs."

yeah, go ahead and offer these young men a job at Mickey D's. You SERIOUSLY think they'll be interested in making chump change when they can make HUNDREDS of dollars PER DAY dealing drugs for a gang?

What fucking planet are you on?

And why aren't the Feds and the DEA already involved in this? Millions of dollars per year of drugs sold in gang areas in Chicago, HOW DO THEY GET IN?

Because somebody is being paid off to look the other way??

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Caps lock, y'all. Trump unleashed the easy D on twitter.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Space Suicide View Post
    I'm aware but I still posted it as it pertained to the thread subject.
    To be clear, I don't think anyone said "this doesn't belong here". We're just being increasingly vigilant in regard to the rapidly rising plague of fake news. If an article from a site that appears to be trying to trick people into believing it is posted with no acknowledgement at all that it's understood to be fictitious, we just want to calmly and politely make sure that the difference is noted. I'm all for posting things like that (or the Borowitz Report, or The Onion, etc.) just as long as the context is clear. I think Jinsai's reply demonstrates why this is sometimes necessary: the truth is now so bat-shit insane that if a legitimate looking site reports something, one does have to actually pause and dig a little deeper to find out if it's true or false.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    Caps lock, y'all. Trump unleashed the easy D on twitter.
    I literally don't know what either of these sentences mean. Caps lock, yall? Unleashed the easy D? I'm lost.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    I literally don't know what either of these sentences mean. Caps lock, yall? Unleashed the easy D? I'm lost.
    Sorry I thought everyone reads his twitter feed for sport.

He responded to the Muslim ban court decision with this all caps tweet:
    https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/...36231802515457

Yesterday he tweeted this:
    https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/...84587482656768

Easy d is hilarious.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    The caps lock is in regards to his latest tweet "SEE YOU IN COURT, THE SECURITY OF OUR NATION IS AT STAKE!"
    Because he is so angry he has to use caps lock to show us just how angry he is.

The "easy D" thing was this tweet where he said "Big increase in traffic into our country from certain areas, while our people are far more vulnerable, as we wait for what should be EASY D!"
    This tweet, where he out of nowhere talks about "easy D" has taken off as a joke about Trump cruising on the down low for some dick ("easy D" being code for gay men seeking another gay man to have sex with, no strings attached).

edit: I've been beaten to the explanation punch.
    Last edited by sick among the pure; 02-09-2017 at 09:44 PM.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)

These are, word for word, the exact thoughts of the white house staff member whose job it is to keep an eye on the president's twitter account and come up with ways to do damage control...

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Sorry I thought everyone reads his twitter feed for sport.

He responded to the Muslim ban court decision with this all caps tweet:
    https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/...36231802515457

Yesterday he tweeted this:
    https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/...84587482656768

Easy d is hilarious.
    Don't read it. Refuse to. As the one cartoon that's been circulating for a while states...I'm torn between the desire to stay informed and the need to stay sane. Since nothing in his account is newsworthy (rather, nothing in his account is important OR demonstrably accurate), I ignore it.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    So someone told her "don't do that again" and she's free to go about her business as usual.

Super helpful.
    Apparently Jason Chaffetz had quite the town hall meeting yesterday....

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...d-utah-n719231

and I think this letter is the first time the GOP made ANY moves on the Trump administration. It's not a huge step, but this just might be the first crack...

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    again, this administration is about distraction do or say something outrageous, then snatch your wallet, freedom or whatever i want
    -louie

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    According to a recent poll conducted by Public Policy Polling, 51% of Trump voters say the "travel ban" is justified following the Bowling Green Massacre.

"Among those who do support it you have to wonder how well thought out their position is- by a 51/23 margin Trump voters say that the Bowling Green Massacre shows why Trump's immigration policy is needed."

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Nothing could get me to click 'like' for that - even if I do think it's fucking hilarious - because it's also really fucking sad.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    According to a recent poll conducted by Public Policy Polling, 51% of Trump voters say the "travel ban" is justified following the Bowling Green Massacre.

"Among those who do support it you have to wonder how well thought out their position is- by a 51/23 margin Trump voters say that the Bowling Green Massacre shows why Trump's immigration policy is needed."
    But that link says that 46% of voters want to impeach Trump (and 46% don't).

Americans Now Evenly Divided on Impeaching Trump

PPP's new national poll finds that Donald Trump's popularity as President has declined precipitously just over the last two weeks. On our first poll of his Presidency voters were evenly divided on Trump, with 44% approving of him and 44% also disapproving. Now his approval rating is 43%, while his disapproval has gone all the way up to 53%. If voters could choose they'd rather have both Barack Obama (52/44) or Hillary Clinton (49/45) instead of Trump.

Just three weeks into his administration, voters are already evenly divided on the issue of impeaching Trump with 46% in favor and 46% opposed. Support for impeaching Trump has crept up from 35% 2 weeks ago, to 40% last week, to its 46% standing this week. While Clinton voters initially only supported Trump's impeachment 65/14, after seeing him in office over the last few weeks that's gone up already to 83/6.
    Of course, we can safely surmise that the pro-impeach opinion is only likely to rise (since he's been in office less than a month and things are FUBAR).

The Court that just upheld the Order against the immigration ban is known to be one of the most "liberal" in the country and most often overturned. But if the SCOTUS decides to hear this case, the SCOTUS is split 4/4 so it will be a tie and the lower Court's decision will stand. And the 90 days in the EO are still ticking.

This is fun.
    Last edited by allegro; 02-10-2017 at 10:29 AM.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    But that link says that 46% of voters want to impeach Trump (and 46% don't).
    Second paragraph "Voters think he's over reaching to make a country safe...that they already consider to be safe."

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

they do know there is no such thing Bowling Green Massacre.
    -louie

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    http://www.huffingtonpost.com/entry/...ushpmg00000009, it would appear you had an awful lot of contact with russia, where are your tax returns fraud
    -louie

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Don't read it. Refuse to. As the one cartoon that's been circulating for a while states...I'm torn between the desire to stay informed and the need to stay sane. Since nothing in his account is newsworthy (rather, nothing in his account is important OR demonstrably accurate), I ignore it.
    Understandable. For me, it's like a train wreck and I can't look away. I mean, it just keeps getting crazier. The caps lock "see you court" tweet is such bizarre behavior for an elected official of the highest office.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Second paragraph "Voters think he's over reaching to make a country safe...that they already consider to be safe."
    Yup.

-Voters think he's over reaching to make a country safe...that they already consider to be safe. 66% of Americans consider the United States to be a safe country, to only 23% who consider it unsafe. Perhaps as an outgrowth of that sentiment only 45% of voters support Trump's Executive Order on immigration, to 49% who are opposed to it. Among those who do support it you have to wonder how well thought out their position is- by a 51/23 margin Trump voters say that the Bowling Green Massacre shows why Trump's immigration policy is needed.

By a 48/43 spread, voters do think that the intent of the Executive Order is to be a Muslim ban. And just 22% support a Muslim ban, to 65% who are opposed. The order has also increasingly raised issues about Trump's competence in voters' eyes- only 27% think the Executive Order was well executed, to 66% who think it was poorly executed. The spread on that question was 39/55 when we asked last week.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    [QUOTE=sweeterthan;341675]Understandable. For me, it's like a train wreck and I can't look away. I mean, it just keeps getting crazier. The caps lock "see you court" tweet is such bizarre behavior for an elected official of the highest office.[/QUOTE he is unstable I don't think the constitution took this into account, as much as i admire TJ no one could hfore saw this,what?
    -louie

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Obama, Biden and Bill Clinton all pushed heavily in the past election for the Hillary campaign to focus more on grassroots organizing and connecting with blue collar workers. They didn't, and they became overconfident, and imagined that we lived in a demographic map from twenty years from now, and it cost them big time. Sanders was all about that mentality and in turn got derided for not going all-out on identity politics 24/7. People like Elizabeth Warren are all about representing the working class and I'd say she's the strongest face of the party right now, especially after the "nevertheless, she persisted" fuck-up by McConnell. I think it's wrong to characterize the Democratic party as a party that isn't trying to do that, it just stumbled big-time recently and if anything it seems to have served as a wake-up call for many.
    perhaps, but if they don't elect Ellenson as DNC Chair then that is a signal that they're truly going in that direction in the right way. Perez would just be more of the same old, same old...as evidenced by his pathetic twitter apology re: his primary comments.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I'm late to the game on this, but I just saw the Fox News "Steve Bannon vs ISIS" checklist.

I swear to fucking christ it's like living in a showing of Idiocracy that just won't end. "See? See? He's not so bad!"

If some lonely guy wants to blast that shit off from his room so his Facebook followers will think he's clever, cool. What you, as someone with literally no training in journalism or communications, wants to do with your time is none of my business. But for a fucking national news outlet to come up with the idea, APPROVE the idea, and run with it? I don't care how low your opinion of Fox News is, this is a level of desperation we've never seen before.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    lighten up it's lewis black
    -louie

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    so the news clip on the radio just said that Trump is preparing another EO to ban travel, although no details at the moment as to how it will differ from the one just rejected by the court.

uh... is that even possible?! Is there an historic precedent of anything like this happening? Can he just keep signing the same EO over and over again with minor alterations? Surely not, right?

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    so the news clip on the radio just said that Trump is preparing another EO to ban travel, although no details at the moment as to how it will differ from the one just rejected by the court.

uh... is that even possible?! Is there an historic precedent of anything like this happening? Can he just keep signing the same EO over and over again with minor alterations? Surely not, right?
    I saw this on MSNBC tonight and from what I gathered, the wording will make it a different/new order. The last one was struck down but the new order is new and somehow (I guess) not illegal.

Will he push the judicial branch to the point where he's impeached? Could they imprison him for going too far?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I saw this on MSNBC tonight and from what I gathered, the wording will make it a different/new order. The last one was struck down but the new order is new and somehow (I guess) not illegal.

Will he push the judicial branch to the point where he's impeached? Could they imprison him for going too far?
    The Trump administration opted NOT to "SEE YOU IN COURT" (SCOTUS), most likely because the SCOTUS is split 50/50 and probably because they didn't want to set new precedent that high (not take that risk), so the new EO is likely to name specific countries that are actual sources of terrorism in this country (per backing data) and won't affect Green Card or Visa holders, so that the EO conforms to the Court Opinion.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)