Page 106 of 147 FirstFirst ... 6 56 96 104 105 106 107 108 116 ... LastLast
Results 3,151 to 3,180 of 4404

Thread: Trump 2017: Year Zero

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exocet View Post
    I fear this is just the beginning of some sort of uprising, if the demographic ever changes where the White man is close to a minority, blood will start spilling...this is happening all over the west too, this identity crisis
    White man isn't a fucking minority here, not even close. Whites make up more than 70% of the U.S.

I lived through this shit in the 60s, this will NOT turn out well. These RACISTS are gonna meet their fucking match. In the 60s, that meant militant liberal groups: the Black Panthers, the Weather Underground, etc.

The uprising will NOT be on the right.
    Last edited by allegro; 08-12-2017 at 08:45 PM.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    There are photos going around with the license plate in view

People traced it back to his father
    and there was a post on this kid's facebook back in 2011 that his father was giving him the car when he was old enough. It's almost exact, except for the stripes on the roof and the rims (but both of these things are changeable and could have been changed in the years since the photo in 2011).
    He's now on facebook denying that it's him. I don't know now, it could end up being his father. But that license plate goes back to his father. So if it's not him nor his father, these databases people are searching are wrong.
    You got the wrong guy.

The guy they arrested is James Alex Fields Jr., a 20yo man from Ohio.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    You got the wrong guy.

The guy they arrested is James Alex Fields Jr., a 20yo man from Ohio.
    Yeah, I posted above a few posts clarifying. I think the car he has used to be owned by the family of the person originally suspected.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Yup, one person dead so far, all this shit over a fucking STATUE OF CONFEDERATE ROBERT E LEE BEING REMOVED.

This shit needs to STOP, that fucking ego-driven DICK in the White House has to find himself some decency and STOP this shit or there will be a full-blown bloody civil war and rioting, the likes of which this DICK hasn't heard about since the 60s when he was in a cushy military school.

This blood is on YOUR HANDS, MOTHERFUCKER.
    Jesus, this site needs one of those "graphic content - click to reveal" overlays. I just came damn near being physically sick from that photo. I mean, I FEEL physically ill now; I just haven't actually puked. Yet.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Jesus, this site needs one of those "graphic content - click to reveal" overlays. I just came damn near being physically sick from that photo. I mean, I FEEL physically ill now; I just haven't actually puked. Yet.
    I didn't know what I was in for when I clicked play on the video from earlier. It's awful.

I'm a victim of a hit and run... and so this resonates with me on a pretty crazy level. I've spent a lot of time thinking about how much worse it could have been for me, depending on bumper height, etc...

I eventually realized that's a rabbit hole nightmare... my left leg was screwed up for months, but I walked away intact. I could have died. I remember the look on the person's face in the passenger seat, right before they peeled off.

It's an evil, terrifying experience.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 08-13-2017 at 01:56 AM.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    The woman killed by that asshole is Heather Heyer. 32 years old. Thanks a lot President Fuckhead. Her blood is in your hands.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Fire Steve Bannon and publicly denounce his views as the reason why, and MAYBE I'll believe your condemnation, Donald. Otherwise, all I see is "blah blah blah, someone's making me read this statement but I don't actually have a problem with white supremacists".

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    as I said before because you have sex with a goat doesn't make you an alt-farmer
    -Louie

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    The alt-right/antifa protest factions get more violent each day because the Police exacerbate and encourage hatred rather than keeping the peace. We've known this for years and most Police forces are not doing anything about it.

Also huge swaths of the GOP want to legalize terrorist acts like the one in Charlottesville.

There are not 'many sides' to this issue. There is one side: evil (white supremacy). And it will continue to grow every day until the rest of us stand up and send a strong message that this is unacceptable in our society.
    Last edited by botley; 08-13-2017 at 11:00 AM.

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    And like I said, what the fuck, he has nazis doing a victory march online And offline, but he saves the Twitter commentary to bitch about SNL??!

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    little bit of a rant and maybe tldr; for some her is the deal with confederate flags statues and the like, they weren't being waved around and built right after the civil war, nope in fact wasn't in vogue or even displayed until the 60's during the civil rights movement, as a sort of warning to "those people" we did it before will do it again, so cut you're bullshit, about heritage and tradition, be honest and call it what it is, a symbol of racism and ugly past on the wrong side of history, your suppose to be manly and non-cuck,unless of course you're like your leader a treasonous, lying dirt bag, better yet yet let's just ignore you and let have your little cos-play day you know, the same that little Japanese teenage girls enjoy, which is closer to the truth
    -Louie

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    There are not 'many sides' to this issue. There is one side: evil (white supremacy). And it will continue to grow every day until the rest of us stand up and send a strong message that this is unacceptable in our society.
    I agree. But what message do we send without stooping to their level? We could have a million person march in every major city and that wouldn't change these people at all. They understand violence and intimidation. That's their language. How does one send a message without speaking the same tongue?

Mentioned
    250 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I agree. But what message do we send without stooping to their level? We could have a million person march in every major city and that wouldn't change these people at all. They understand violence and intimidation. That's their language. How does one send a message without speaking the same tongue?
    Shame them, rebuke them, hit them where it hurts. This is a good start.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Okay wait, I don't get it ... ;-/

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    I try to take the high road, but, being honest, it's hard not to wish violence on those spewing hate speech. Being Mexican-American, all the hate-filled rhetoric that Trump used to get elected, targetting Mexican and Muslim immigrants in particular, just wore on me. As far as the situation in Virginia, and other parts of the country, I'm afraid it's going to get worse before it gets better. Everyone has a breaking point and it looks like it's been reached and violence has resulted. Being 45 years old, it's mind-boggling seeing how far down this country as fallen over those years: I don't remember such a tumultous time, both domestic and foreign.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    We've been through this, before, in the 60s and 70s. Nixon's Southern Strategy. That's why this scares me, I've seen this before and it was really really bad.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    We've been through this, before, in the 60s and 70s. Nixon's Southern Strategy. That's why this scares me, I've seen this before and it was really really bad.
    Yeah I was going to note that I'd read about such tumult in the 60s/70s, just never lived through it. Also unnerving that we're going backwards in a sense.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
    Yeah I was going to note that I'd read about such tumult in the 60s/70s, just never lived through it. Also unnerving that we're going backwards in a sense.
    Exactly, totally.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Ruined View Post
    Also unnerving that we're going backwards in a sense.
    Maybe, but if enough of these idiots are caught on camera and prosecuted for any violence they cause, it'll put their whole movement on even more shaky ground as it is.

The Mayor of Lexington, KY wants to remove all confederate statues in the wake of what happened yesterday.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    hey Donnie maybe a little bleach might get that blood off your hands and if you drink it might get rid of that blackness in your soul
    -Louie

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Apparently support for the Confederacy is rising again...especially among young people.....even if you both separated you would both be immensely powerful countries...

one could argue...The Yankees are the colonialists holding the confederacy back...the south has a totally different ideology on life..the Yankees are the colonialist moralist bully masters just as bad as the British were.

you should form an American Union where you are not beholden to other retarded countries laws..but are unified in some sense......

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exocet View Post
    Apparently support for the Confederacy is rising again...especially among young people.....even if you both separated you would both be immensely powerful countries...

one could argue...The Yankees are the colonialists holding the confederacy back...the south has a totally different ideology on life..the Yankees are the colonialist moralist bully masters just as bad as the British were.

you should form an American Union where you are not beholden to other retarded countries laws..but are unified in some sense......
    Dude, there were militia morons FROM THE NORTH at that rally. Including these racist morons called Detroit Right Wings, who are now gonna get sued by the Detroit Red Wings for the unauthorized use of their logo.

The driver of the vehicle (that hit those people) is from OHIO, and he grew up in KENTUCKY; neither of those states were Confederate states.

Edit: the Confederate States of America ("Confederacy") ended in 1865. Lee surrendered. Lee is no longer being celebrated because he is now considered a U.S. Traitor. The Confederacy fired on Ft. Sumter, which started the Civil War. The South never recovered, to this day, financially. But, these white supremacists use the Confederate flag as a symbol of the racist slave-owning past.

See this map
    Last edited by allegro; 08-14-2017 at 10:58 AM.

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    "Mr. President, do you want the support of these white nationalists?" And the answer? Silence...

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Good read in the WaPo:

Their message was as clear as it was race- and class-based: White supremacy — and its cousin, white nationalism — represents a deep perversion of the values of respectable white, upper-middle-class and college-educated Americans. That is, it’s impossible to be both a white supremacist and a well-educated white American.

Such an assumption, however, is both dangerous and historically inaccurate. Contrary to popular belief, white supremacy has not gestated on the fringes of American politics. Rather, it has flourished as a social movement grounded in respectability politics and led by elites. Understanding this history is essential to eradicating the scourge of white supremacy and advancing more just political alternatives. Mischaracterizing its roots, history and latent political assumptions allows middle-class and college-educated white Americans to escape responsibility for extirpating this stain on our society.

Given this history, it should come as no surprise that the lead architects of the Charlottesville demonstration — Jason Kessler, Richard Spencer, Tim Gionet and Matthew Heimbach — are middle- to upper-middle-class, college-educated white men in their mid-20s to mid-30s. Spencer, in fact, is a former doctoral student in modern European intellectual history at Duke University. He has been described by the Southern Poverty Law Center as “a suit-and-tie version of the white supremacists of old, a kind of professional racist in khakis.”

But white supremacists of old were, in fact, the very same “suit-and-tie version.” In her 2015 book, “Ku-Klux: The Birth of the Klan During Reconstruction,” Elaine Frantz Parsons argues that “the men who first became Ku-Klux — Frank O. McCord, Richard Reed, John C. Lester, Calvin Jones, John Booker Kennedy, and James Crowe — presented themselves as elites and intellectuals, above and opposed to the violence of rough men.”

These were the well-educated elites of their day. Many founders of the Klan were property owners and most had assets exceeding $10,000. Two were attorneys and one was a real estate broker. One member, John Kennedy, had recently inherited $20,000 from his father, a figure equivalent to at least $500,000 today. Many were widely read and at least half had taken college classes.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

JFC.

Actions and words speaking loudly here:

http://www.inforum.com/opinion/lette...ic-and-actions
    My name is Pearce Tefft, and I am writing to all, with regards to my youngest son, Peter Tefft, an avowed white nationalist who has been featured in a number of local news stories over the last several months.
    On Friday night, my son traveled to Charlottesville, Va., and was interviewed by a national news outlet while marching with reported white nationalists, who allegedly went on to kill a person.
    I, along with all of his siblings and his entire family, wish to loudly repudiate my son’s vile, hateful and racist rhetoric and actions. We do not know specifically where he learned these beliefs. He did not learn them at home.
    I have shared my home and hearth with friends and acquaintances of every race, gender and creed. I have taught all of my children that all men and women are created equal. That we must love each other all the same.
    Evidently Peter has chosen to unlearn these lessons, much to my and his family’s heartbreak and distress. We have been silent up until now, but now we see that this was a mistake. It was the silence of good people that allowed the Nazis to flourish the first time around, and it is the silence of good people that is allowing them to flourish now.
    Peter Tefft, my son, is not welcome at our family gatherings any longer. I pray my prodigal son will renounce his hateful beliefs and return home. Then and only then will I lay out the feast.
    His hateful opinions are bringing hateful rhetoric to his siblings, cousins, nieces and nephews as well as his parents. Why must we be guilty by association? Again, none of his beliefs were learned at home. We do not, never have, and never will, accept his twisted worldview.
    He once joked, “The thing about us fascists is, it’s not that we don’t believe in freedom of speech. You can say whatever you want. We’ll just throw you in an oven.”
    Peter, you will have to shovel our bodies into the oven, too. Please son, renounce the hate, accept and love all.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    I have been reading this, and I don't know what to say. Condemnation is obvious, but I'm shocked that it still needs to be expressed today.

I grew up in a very conservative, 95% white small town. There were a lot of racial overtones around growing up. A lot of things that we recognize now as bad, and racist. At the time, we didn't recognize police brutality as racial issue. We didn't recognize income inequality as a racial issue. We didn't recognize the war on drugs was really a race war. We didn't recognize media portrayals as a problem.

But even then, there was a person in our high school who spoke of white pride, and tried to argue that she wasn't racist for being proud of her whiteness, and that she was just standing up for herself and for her race, and she'd argue that if black people could have black history moth, she should be allowed to have white history month.

And we recognized that was racist. I was raised in an environment that was backwards and so much institutionalized racism was normalized, and even we recognized something that overt, and knew that was wrong, and knew that was racist and knew it was a problem.

That was 15 years ago, and 1 person in a high school of several hundred. Now there seem to be more of them. Myself, and the people I went to high school with, mostly we've grown, and we notice things that were considered normal as problems now. That one person still hasn't, she's still living in my home town and still as racist as ever.

I knew growing up, that the small town I was living in was very detached from the rest of the world, and when I grew up, I wanted to learn about the rest of the world, and I sought out perspectives that were different from the ones I had grown up with. And I've learned. I'm fairly positive that I'm still blind to a lot of the problems out there, and I'm very far from perfect, but I've learned a lot along the way too.

It's scary to see that the internet is allowing such obvious racism to organize itself, support itself and twist reality so badly that it's creating rallies that are effective, dangerous and violent. That one person who we all recognized as racist in high school is probably cheering for her white supremacist friends over the events in Charlotte.

It's sickening, the internet was supposed to bring us together. I remember being a naïve teenager sitting in a chat room, thinking to myself, this is great, the internet is going to end racism because we can't see the person on the other end of the screen to know what race, or gender they are, this is going to solve so many social problems. How foolish that was

This is awful. This needs to stop, but I don't know how to make it stop. Words aren't going to be enough, something has to be done to stop the strengthening and organization of racism, but I don't know what.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Just to be clear here: the DOJ brings a suit against a guy for a years-long campaign of racial profiling, and Fox News describes him as "colorful"?

THIS (among many other things) is what's wrong with that outlet.

And then yeah, Donald is considering PARDONING him? Yeah. You know that "racism is bad" speech that you just gave? Shove it up your ass, Don. Actions speak louder than words, fuckwit. And right now your actions are still screaming "I'm okay with racism" while you read off your teleprompter.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Trump cuts funds to fight anti-right wing violence

http://thehill.com/policy/national-s...-wing-violence

Get the fuck on out of here with that.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Trump cuts funds to fight anti-right wing violence

http://thehill.com/policy/national-s...-wing-violence

Get the fuck on out of here with that.
    For what it's worth, they're reporting on cuts that happened months ago; not in the immediate wake of a Nazi rally. I'm not saying that makes it okay. It just makes it slightly less shitty than if it had happened today.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)