Thread: Trump 2017: Year Zero

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    I mean, I agree with you but honestly...and yeah it's cliched, but giving in to the anger and stooping to their level? That's what they want. Do that and they've won. Like I said, a cliche...but I think it rings truer here than ever.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    I mean, I agree with you but honestly...and yeah it's cliched, but giving in to the anger and stooping to their level? That's what they want. Do that and they've won. Like I said, a cliche...but I think it rings truer here than ever.
    You may not have seen the news lately, but they have already won. Are we just going to let this shit keep happening? Look at the state of the internet these days. More than a couple years ago, the entire place wasn't exactly swamped with Nazis. They had their own little corners where they stayed to themselves for the most part. Look how fucking confident they are now. Look at the state of the entirety of Twitter, it's basically becoming their headquarters. This type of behavior on whole sure seems like it's becoming more and more acceptable and open.

So yes, I don't hear any other solutions. Stooping to their level is the answer. Fuck them. Call their parents and schools and workplaces and expose their hidden internet lives. Ruin their lives. Humiliate them publicly. Do what it takes.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post
    You may not have seen the news lately, but they have already won. Are we just going to let this shit keep happening? Look at the state of the internet these days. More than a couple years ago, the entire place wasn't exactly swamped with Nazis. They had their own little corners where they stayed to themselves for the most part. Look how fucking confident they are now. Look at the state of the entirety of Twitter, it's basically becoming their headquarters. This type of behavior on whole sure seems like it's becoming more and more acceptable and open.

So yes, I don't hear any other solutions. Stooping to their level is the answer. Fuck them. Call their parents and schools and workplaces and expose their hidden internet lives. Ruin their lives. Humiliate them publicly. Do what it takes.

People will stoop to their level, that's inevitable... and that sounds like it's going to be terrible, but I like your optimism.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Harry Seaward View Post

I get your way of thinking but part of me, like my last post states, wants to try a different approach. A decidedly classier and ultimately more positive one.

However, have you ever tried talking to these people--in person or online? It doesn't work. We've seen that a little bit just here on ETS, which is a way more liberal community. It just doesn't work. Does getting down in the muck with them work any better? I don't think so but it sure feels better. You know you're in the right...but they don't care. Their thinking isn't logical. And it's certainly self-centered. They're not thinking of the big picture.

So both approaches fail. What's the answer?
    Last edited by Swykk; 01-11-2017 at 10:43 AM.