Thread: Trump 2017: Year Zero

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    who was so routinely mocked and bashed as a clown in the background
    I didn't even think about that at all, it didn't even occur to me. All I saw was a man in a position of authority honoring a man who has dedicated the majority of his life to this country, and even lost a son who served this country. That's all I saw. That's all I felt. I wasn't devastated at all. I cried to see Biden's humble attitude, a man who has served this country for over 40 years. He was first elected to the Senate IN 1972.

The social media bullshit has fed its negativity into peoples heads SO much that now they can't even see a simple moment of high honor in a man's career and life as being anything more than a big "fuck you" to people who "treated him unfairly" (which I didn't see, either, maybe because I don't hang out on that fucking cesspool known as Facebook). There is so much polarization, so much "us vs. them," that even poignant moments, even high honors, even a pep-talk about the precious nature of our democracy and how we must fight to preserve it, is seen as just another nail in a coffin of loss. People have grown to love being miserable.
    ]
    Last edited by allegro; 01-16-2017 at 07:57 PM.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I didn't even think about that at all
    Unfortunately, I couldn't put that out of my head. It's been so prevalent that even the Onion piled on there. This whole administration has been lambasted on such a crazy scale that the totality of the miserable assault is only just now hitting me full force... as they leave with dignity, reserve, and humility.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Unfortunately, I couldn't put that out of my head. It's been so prevalent that even the Onion piled on there. This whole administration has been lambasted on such a crazy scale that the totality of the miserable assault is only just now hitting me full force... as they leave with dignity, reserve, and humility.
    I'm in Chicago where people waited in line FOR HOURS to get tickets hear Obama's farewell speech in person, and then the free tickets were selling for $1,500 each online. The Kennedy and Edens expressways and Lake Shore Drive were closed down and we were stuck trying to go to a Blackhawks/Wings game, then we couldn't go home, after, because everything was closed, again, there were over 20,000 people downtown for that (plus the Hawks/Wings rivalry was SRO in back). And it was all okay, we didn't mind.

Watch it here.

Joe Biden has been in the Senate and then a Vice President since 1972. He is responsible for the Violence Against Women Act. He chaired the U.S. Senate Judiciary Committee from 1987 until 1995. He was a longtime member of the U.S. Senate Committee on Foreign Relations. Any of these clowns online diminishing Joe Biden as being anything less than an American who has tirelessly served his country ARE STUPID.
    Last edited by allegro; 01-12-2017 at 10:03 PM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    as they leave with dignity, reserve, and humility.
    It really does feel like we've taken having capable adults in charge for granted and are losing it completely. It's really setting in for me, seeing the way that Obama and Biden conduct themselves with so much honor and decency, thought and general care for each word they employ and then bouncing over to the fucking Trump-Pence word salad shitshow of white guy braggadocio. It's like we've gone from a graduate program all the way straight back to middle school.
    Last edited by implanted_microchip; 01-13-2017 at 12:42 PM.