Thread: Trump 2017: Year Zero

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    15 Post(s)
    I'm not going to make it, four years of this shit. I don't even watch the news anymore because I am so fucking sick of Trump's voice and all the stupid shit that comes out of his mouth and this tweeting bullshit of his is ridiculous.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Your Name Here View Post
    I'm not going to make it, four years of this shit. I don't even watch the news anymore because I am so fucking sick of Trump's voice and all the stupid shit that comes out of his mouth and this tweeting bullshit of his is ridiculous.
    I've gone solely to online news for just this reason - I can at least just scroll past things if I don't have the strength to read them. I can't watch it on TV or have it on in the car, because...well, I really don't mean to sound insensitive here, but it feels kind of bipolar. By that I mean there are times where they can start talking about the president-elect in the news and I just kind of shrug and turn it down, but then there are times that just hearing his name on the radio literally makes my heart rate increase and a pure, somewhat irrational rage overcomes me.

This election has taught me so much about trying to see things from the other side. I hated, with a passion, all of the "Nobama" / "Obummer" people who didn't have the respect to use the fucking president's real name when they insulted him. And as much as I absolutely loathe, with all my heart, the president-elect, I can't actually bring myself to call him the Cheeto-Covered Cuntwaffle or anything like that, especially when trying to argue or debate in a civil manner.

I've never been this scared in my adult life. Thank god I have insurance through my employer now, but ironically, I only got it at first because of the ACA (now I've been there long enough that I'm eligible for the company's plan for career-path staff). If I leave, I'll have to pay for private insurance. And where I live, that's over $300 a month. So, scared about that. I'm also scared about going to war, because the president-elect can't keep his fucking fingers off of Twitter. I'm typically not one for censorship, but I wish they would ban him. If they needed a reason, they could go with hate speech, threat to national security, or both. Foreign nations are now saying they'll carefully consider what intel they share with us because they don't trust him to keep anything to himself. He's antagonizing people left and right.

You think he's going to "stop ISIS"? I'm calling right now: there will be substantially more attacks on American soil now because of him and his rhetoric.

And here's where it all feels even heavier: even if he does get impeached (he won't) or resign (he won't), Mike Pence becomes president. He may not be the tantrum-throwing blowhard that the president-elect is, but he's still a shit human being. Just look at his views on women and women's rights and tell me he's fit to sit in the Oval.

Sorry. I've tried very hard to ignore all of this and live in a bubble, but I had to get that off my chest.