Thread: Trump 2017: Year Zero

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    I bet you still have the same rights, the same house, the same salary with the same prices at your local grocery, the same family since Trump became president-elect. I bet nothing in your life has changed, other than you chasing yourself in this endless state of madness. I bet you have absolutely no idea how the actual things which will matter in your life (ie. healthcare) will be sorted out, you just know it will be fucking terrible.
    I for one am likely to lose my insurance, and it will be a struggle to get a new one unless pre-existing conditions are covered. Several friends were directly affected by the freezing of all EPA grants. My partner's job search was slashed by the halt of all government hiring. Oh, and one of the president's top advisers - who created the alt-right's favorite fake news website - is now waging a war against centuries-old journalism outlets (literally calling the media "the opposition party"), and 45's fans BELIEVE HIM. But no, working to dismantle the free press and push your objectively false agenda via what is now essentially State Media isn't fucking terrifying at all.

God...you ever get the feeling that someone is just too stupid to realize how stupid they are?

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    @Jinsai okay, that's a solid meme.

Discussing the future and trying to find ways to negate the negative effects is great, but you are at the point where if you wake up in the morning and stumble into your table, you come here and cry about how Trump out it there to assassinate you.

Once again, look at the 4 journalists incident. Let's ignore kettling, and one of them not even being against Trump, and let's assume you are right, those 4 guys were eyed by Trump's people and they told the police to jail their ass asap. 1 billion other journalists still reported the news, and they continue to do so because you can't just blackmail the media in a democracy in 2017.

And ACA had many critics, isn't that right? I mean, if ACA served the interest of everyone, no one would'ee voted for Trump. But that's as far as I can go, as the healthcare system of the USA is way beyond me.
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    God...you ever get the feeling that someone is just too stupid to realize how stupid they are?
    Stop making jabs at the salty Democrats.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    @Jinsai okay, that's a solid meme.

Discussing the future and trying to find ways to negate the negative effects is great, but you are at the point where if you wake up in the morning and stumble into your table, you come here and cry about how Trump out it there to assassinate you.
    You sound like you're having a hard time handling my negativity... hang in there, snowflake, it's going to be a long four years.

And ACA had many critics, isn't that right? I mean, if ACA served the interest of everyone, no one would'ee voted for Trump.
    Or... just maybe... people voted for Trump because they're uninformed dumbfucks with ulterior reasons for hating Obama that had nothing to do with his health care bill, and they hated the ACA simply because it was colloquially known as "Obamacare?" Maybe that was the extent of their rationale? Gee, I dunno...
    Last edited by Jinsai; 01-27-2017 at 10:26 AM.

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Or... just maybe... people voted for Trump because they're uninformed dumbfucks with ulterior reasons for hating Obama that had nothing to do with his health care bill, and they hated the ACA simply because it was colloquially known as "Obamacare?" Maybe that was the extent of their rationale? Gee, I dunno...
    The state of the left right here in this quote.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    You sound like you're having a hard time handling my negativity... hang in there, snowflake, it's going to be a long four years.

You are right. I am a quite negative person myself, but even I get triggered by the way you handle news. While it's my own personal problem that it concerns me, it doesn't mean you are helping yourself or anyone by doing so.

I have to repeat myself: if a clown could get elected, then you need to look further than dismissing ~half the voters as "uninformed dumbfucks". First of all, such wide-spread stupidity in a country which has superpower status should never exist, though I could understand if certain political powers are adamant on keeping education at such a level which produces people who think Trump is a great choice for president. Secondly, if everyone was happy with Obama, then such an anti-establishment person as Trump could never have been elected (didn't Obama lost congress/senate btw?). If there were any "rightist" here, then they could explain why they thought Obama was a bad president, but seeing how this is a leftist echo-chamber, it most likely won't happen*. And finally, the way Democrats got divided by the Bernie vs. Hillary battle, and then how the left media handled Trump the same way you still do, it's no surprise Trump got a bunch of free votes from people who were simply fed up with leftists.

*probably this is my biggest pet peeve, that I can hardly find a place where both parties are represented. Both groups found their safe places where they jerk each other off, and then both groups blame each other for dividing the nation. This is no easy sight for an outsider, but then again, no one told me to watch.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    I have to repeat myself
    No, you really don't.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    No, you really don't.
    I know hearing the truth is hurtful enough once.

Mentioned
    553 Post(s)
    I know hearing the truth is hurtful enough once.
    What the fuck ever. Even Trump supporters are starting to figure out that they were duped by a con man
    If you honestly don't think there's a rabid collection of morons and bigots who love[d] Trump, you've never read the comments section of a Breitbart article, and I could give a far-flung fuck what you have to say about it, no matter how many times you repeat yourself.