Page 40 of 147 FirstFirst ... 30 38 39 40 41 42 50 90 140 ... LastLast
Results 1,171 to 1,200 of 4404

Thread: Trump 2017: Year Zero

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Ok, this might be slightly off topic (although not really)...

Last Friday, after living here for 15 years, I became a United States citizen! The first thing I did (after getting lunch) was to register to vote. I am now officially a registered Democrat!!!

I will be honest, I applied for the citizenship at the beginning of 2016 so I could vote against Trump. Clearly I wasn't the only eligible immigrant who felt this way because the process took about twice as long as it did for my sister three years ago... I'm sure the system was flooded. It is what it is. It didn't happen before the elections. It happened now.

I had my citizenship test the Monday after the Muslim ban executive order was signed, and as my fellow green card holders were still detained at the border. It was strange... I felt conflicted, and a bit saddened that what should've been a celebration of my journey was tainted by politics. Yet, I couldn't NOT feel it.

I was talking to a friend at work who said something really powerful. I was venting my frustration (and even hesitation, tbh) to him, and the next day he came in to work to tell me that "years from now you will look back and say: I became a citizen at the most crucial moment, when it made the most difference".

I will forever be grateful for his words. I went into my oath with a clear conscious and happy and ready to celebrate.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    The first thing I did (after getting lunch) was to register to vote.
    Woah, woah, woah - you put THE ALMIGHTY GODLIKE AUTHORITY TO VOTE (WHICH IS WHY AMERICA IS THE BEST) as a lower priority than lunch? Get out.

I kid, I kid. While I can't say I've ever been in your shoes, I feel like I do understand why you felt the way you did. I'm glad to hear that your friend was able to help get you in a more positive place. Now get out there and celebrate!! Congrats on the achievement.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Not that I wanna brag about our PM but the contrast is stark with Trump. Trudeau was articulate, responded directly to questions most of the time and ultimately, looked like a state leader.
    Trump looked bored, uninterested and provided answers that were off-topic. He look so out of place, there's no way this guy is a happy camper.

A journalist from Quebec asked what impact the renegotiation of NAFTA would have on Canada and potential jobs because so far Trump had spent the majority of his time focusing on the Mexico/US part of NAFTA.
    Trump's answer was that Ford and GM would be investing in the US instead of Mexico. Thanks for the clarification Mr. Trump.

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)

Trump 2017: Year Zero

^^^^ I just saw a snippet of that press conference. Oy veh. Trump relies on superlatives when he has horse shit to say. Tremendous-very- bad- sad. Bigly. Ohmahgawd he is sooo strange.
    Last edited by Dra508; 02-13-2017 at 07:24 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Not that I wanna brag about our PM but the contrast is stark with Trump. Trudeau was articulate, responded directly to questions most of the time and ultimately, looked like a state leader.
    AAAAAAAND spoke in both English and French.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    So there's apparently an open air "situation room" in Mar-a-Lago now. Meanwhile, the official photographer for the Obama administration is posting a photo of the tent where classified discussions were held while Obama was away from the White House.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    With documents lit by unprotected cellphone flashlights.

Not to go hyperbolic but you might a well post that stuff straight to instagram...

Mentioned
    74 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    AAAAAAAND spoke in both English and French.
    The handshake heard round the world...

http://www.gq.com/story/donald-trump-handshake-trudeau

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dra508 View Post
    The handshake heard round the world...

http://www.gq.com/story/donald-trump-handshake-trudeau
    I would bet the farm that Trudeau was coached. He was ready for it that's for sure.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Michael Flynn has resigned

Mentioned
    50 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    Probably not the end of the story.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Now if only we could get Steve Bannon, Donald Trump, and Mike Pence to follow suit.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    ...so he can more easily go to prison.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I think we have more to fear from trump than we do any muslims, can we ban him?
    -louie

Mentioned
    36 Post(s)
    Trump looked bored, uninterested and provided answers that were off-topic. He look so out of place, there's no way this guy is a happy camper.

A journalist from Quebec asked what impact the renegotiation of NAFTA would have on Canada and potential jobs because so far Trump had spent the majority of his time focusing on the Mexico/US part of NAFTA.
    Trump's answer was that Ford and GM would be investing in the US instead of Mexico. Thanks for the clarification Mr. Trump.
    https://www.vice.com/en_ca/article/t...ampaign=Global

(for the laugh)

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    kellyanne conway emphasis on the con is like some weird combo of hanoi jane and tokyo rose i call her washington rose-jane

-louie

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    kellyanne conway emphasis on the con is like some weird combo of hanoi jane and tokyo rose i call her washington rose-jane

-louie
    i actually like Jane Fonda; her point at the time was that we were killing people as our "enemy" who were only fighting for their own convictions that we believed were "wrong" based on pushing our own ideology. Maybe she was misguided in sitting on a tank for photos, but her message was legit, unlike Conway who is only a bullshit-spinner for a bullshit artist, spinning propaganda (yes, like Toyko Rose).

That video ^^ is a brilliant analysis, though. Awesome.
    Last edited by allegro; 02-14-2017 at 12:21 PM.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    I thought I was still watching Melissa McCarthy.

https://twitter.com/BuzzFeedNews/sta...78665100013568

Also: ".@PressSec on Flynn misleading Pence & others: "I don't know that it was intentional he may have just forgotten.""

These people are making shit up on the fly.
    Conway was fucking demolished by Matt Lauer this morning. She looked so tired and just about ready to give up.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Also: ".@PressSec on Flynn misleading Pence & others: "I don't know that it was intentional he may have just forgotten.""
    i was watching MSNBC late last night, I guess the fucking FBI was wiretapping the whole phone conversation so that's a lot of why they know what they know; they were spying on the Russian Ambassador and the NSA was processing all of the data.

http://nymag.com/daily/intelligencer...n-resigns.html

For weeks Flynn has insisted that he didn’t discuss anything of substance in his conversations with Russian ambassador Sergey Kislyak, which occurred as the Obama administration was imposing sanctions on Russia over the country’s alleged election meddling. It’s a breach of protocol for a member of the transition to discuss policy with a foreign government, and it may be illegal. Pence repeated Flynn’s denial on Face the Nation days before the inauguration, and in his first White House briefing Press Secretary Sean Spicer said sanctions never came up.

However, the call was captured as part of a routine wiretap of Kislyak’s communications, and last week nine current and former U.S. officials told the Washington Post that transcripts show Flynn made explicit references to election-related sanctions. Flynn walked back his previous denial and, by Monday afternoon, his future in the administration was uncertain — so much so that Kellyanne Conway said on MSNBC that Flynn had the “full confidence” of President Trump just before Spicer said the president was “evaluating the situation.”

Then, around 9 p.m., there were two new bombshells. The Post reported that last month acting attorney general Sally Yates told the Trump White House that Flynn had misled them about the calls, and was potentially vulnerable to Russian blackmail. In the final days of the Obama administration Yates conferred with James Clapper, the director of National Intelligence at the time, and John Brennan, who was then CIA director, and they agreed that they should share their concerns about Flynn with the Trump administration.

Yates informed White House counsel Donald McGahn, but it’s unclear what he did with the information. She was later fired for defying Trump’s executive order on immigration. A source tells Politico her briefing on Flynn did not play a role in her dismissal.

Meanwhile, the New York Times reported that the Army has been investigating whether Flynn received money from the Russian government during a trip to Moscow in 2015, which may violate the Emoluments Clause of the Constitution. As reported last month, U.S. intelligence agencies were already looking at Flynn’s communications as part of an investigation into Russia’s attempts to influence the U.S. election.

While Flynn received a security briefing from the Defense Intelligence Agency before his trip to Russia, defense officials said he may not have filed the required paperwork. They were reportedly surprised when video surfaced of Flynn seated next to Russian president Vladimir Putin at a dinner honoring RT, the state-run Russian news organization. As TPM notes, Flynn has publicly admitted that he was paid to speak at the event.
    Last edited by allegro; 02-14-2017 at 02:05 PM.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    What a fucking traitor...seriously.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    The administration is getting grilled left and right and the word appears to be "we have to move on".

Rand Paul said it made no sense to investigate its own party.
    Chaffetz said the house committee would not launch an investigation with regard to Flynn

Meanwhile, Spicer is taking questions from Breitbart and The Gateway Pundit. Seriously ...

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    this shit is scary https://twitter.com/ trump get security briefing in club.
    -louie

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Just when you think things couldn't get any fucking weirder.

Moby claims to have evidence that Trump is being blackmailed by the Russians.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    This isn't even him doing right wing things I can't handle as a liberal anymore... this is incompetence and treachery! I am amazed at the lack of critical voices on the right - I thought it was just the left who had forgotten what they stood for

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    We could possibly live in a world where Eminem could declare Moby a national hero. Let that sink in for a bit.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Just so everybody knows...the next big war will be in Ukraine....a big country of 45 Million people...big population by world standards...

That's the same population of Spain...

You know like England and Wales..Russia see's Ukraine as its Wales...not a real country...

It gonna kick off big time...its been quiet recently...Russia will never let go of Ukraine...some of Ukraine wants to leave..it will be like the Yugoslav wars....

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Moldova has also received alert notices and requested NATO troops for its borders

Meanwhile US conservatives are seemingly oblivious and too busy shouting "in your face, liberals!" on facebook, even though their president is the biggest security risk of any president ever

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I think all this Trump corruption shit, which Republicans are refusing to investigate, is going to blow up by way of the midterms. And Dems can take control of Congress and formally investigate and it'll bring Trump's whole house of cards down.

Or, sooner if somebody forks over money to a Rusky for dirt.

Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Expecting a yuge effort at a diversion story to happen "soon".

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I think all this Trump corruption shit, which Republicans are refusing to investigate, is going to blow up by way of the midterms. And Dems can take control of Congress and formally investigate and it'll bring Trump's whole house of cards down.
    What scares me though is the amount of damage that can be done before then, from domestic issues like defunding science and giving the finger to civil rights, to international war mongering.