Page 24 of 147 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24 25 26 34 74 124 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump 2017: Year Zero

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post

Can I just say, it takes a real piece of human garbage to trash talk/bully someone's young child just because their parent/grandparent is an asshole. I can't believe people this moronic fucking exist.
    That seems to be what's commonly referred to as a joke.

SJW much?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    It doesn't make the joke any less tasteless and juvenile. Just because it's a joke doesn't mean it's funny, and you don't have to be a social justice warrior to feel that way.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Presideo View Post
    SJW much?

Ruh roh!

I don't have that gif of Michael Jackson eating popcorn but can you all just pretend I have posted it

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    That's an alternative fact if I've ever heard one.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Demogorgon View Post
    It doesn't make the joke any less tasteless and juvenile. Just because it's a joke doesn't mean it's funny, and you don't have to be a social justice warrior to feel that way.
    So you guys would rather repost the non-joke and discuss the non-joke instead of, you know, just ignoring the non-joke.

"HOLY SHIT SOMEONE JUST SAID A BABY SUCKS ON TWITTER OMG FUCK NO THATS JUST A POOR BABY HE AIN'T DONE NOTHING WRONG!" - it's fake SJW rage. Congrats, you're better than a woman that said that a baby sucks on Twitter for comedic effect. Pat yourselves on the back, you're such beautiful people living in an ugly world full of people on Twitter that think a baby sucks!

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    You're coming off like a douche at the moment, dude. All I said was that the joke wasn't funny. Take the stick out of your ass.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    The stick was never in my ass to begin with - I thought the joke was funny and didn't profess some fake rage over someone saying that a baby sucked.

Now excuse me while I go on Twitter and laugh at people joking about Ivanka Trump's baby.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I'm more pissed off at the White House deliberately not mentioning Jews in their announcement on Holocaust Rememberance Day. Seriously, what the fuck? That's Holocaust denial shit.

Mentioned
    62 Post(s)
    Can babies read Twitter?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Wasn't the baby joke not really about Ivanka's baby but just another form of a joke about Barron Trump, which is what got Katie Rich into trouble?

https://mobile.nytimes.com/2017/01/2...-rich-snl.html
    Last edited by allegro; 01-29-2017 at 07:44 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Point out my "fake rage". You made a bigger deal of my finding it not funny than I did in not finding in funny. The only person visibly upset is you, and the stick is definitely firmly inserted in your own ass.

Regardless, this is digression, and I've made my point. Feel free to throw in the last word if you want. I'm not going to be fussed about it.
    Last edited by Demogorgon; 01-29-2017 at 07:43 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    ACLU says it has raised $10 million since Saturday morning, and got over 150,000 new members.

“I’ve never seen anything like this,” Anthony Romero, executive director of the civil liberties group, told Yahoo News in a telephone interview. “People are fired up and want to be engaged. What we’ve seen is an unprecedented public reaction to the challenges of the Trump administration.”

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)

SJW much?
    and It's a fucking shit joke.
    And "SJW"? It's a fucking sad world we live in if being against grown fucking adults mocking children makes you an "SJW"

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Is it really mocking children if you just say the baby sucks? This is the kind of PC bullshit that doesn't matter at all. Like at all. I don't wanna live in a world where I can't say that that baby is a shit head.

That baby doesn't give a shit. Ivanka doesn't give a shit. Nobody gives a shit.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    The "joke" wasn't really about the baby; it was about Katie Rich saying stupid shit about Barron Trump. The civilized members of society determined, over the last several decades, that poking fun at children of politicians is in very bad form, unfair to the child, and off-limits.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    There's a big difference between saying "I don't think that joke is funny" and "you have no right to make that joke, you are bad and you should feel bad". You and Presideo and everyone else can say whatever you want, no one's stopping you. But attacking someone for simply stating that they don't find it hilarious is 100% in line with the second of those examples.

Let's move on, shall we?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    all i know is whenever i hear the name barron all I can think of is Sting in dune
    -louie

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    The only people who ever say this shit are the people who dont like guns and, more importantly, are people who have no knowledge of military tactics or history. There is a reason that a huge portion of military and ex-military believe in guns for protection against government.
    As somebody who has spent years around hundreds and hundreds of military members, they're not usually the smartest or most thoughtful people. I'm not sure using their beliefs as proof of an idea being good is the best course of action. Guns in the hands of a populace won't have any effect on potential government tyranny. I don't know that there's really any argument against that.

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    There's a big difference between saying "I don't think that joke is funny" and "you have no right to make that joke, you are bad and you should feel bad". You and Presideo and everyone else can say whatever you want, no one's stopping you. But attacking someone for simply stating that they don't find it hilarious is 100% in line with the second of those examples.
    No, read my posts again. I'm attacking people who repost obscure Twitter jokes they personally don't like on message boards in an attempt at self-validation, which is the very fucking definition of being a SJW.

Social Justice Warrior: A pejorative term for an individual who repeatedly and vehemently engages in arguments on social justice on the Internet, often in a shallow or not well-thought-out way, for the purpose of raising their own personal reputation. A social justice warrior, or SJW, does not necessarily strongly believe all that they say, or even care about the groups they are fighting on behalf of. They typically repeat points from whoever is the most popular blogger or commenter of the moment, hoping that they will "get SJ points" and become popular in return. They are very sure to adopt stances that are "correct" in their social circle.

Regardless, this is digression, and I've made my point. Feel free to throw in the last word if you want. I'm not going to be fussed about it.

Let's move on, shall we?
    Alright, I'm done. Gotta go back to reading my 1st edition copy of "101 Dead Baby Jokes."

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    And then there is the non-Urban Dictionary definition of SJW.

"Social justice warrior" (commonly abbreviated SJW) is a pejorative term for an individual promoting socially progressive views, including feminism, civil rights, multiculturalism, and identity politics. The accusation of being an SJW carries implications of pursuing personal validation rather than any deep-seated conviction, and being engaged in disingenuous social justice arguments or activism to raise personal reputation, also known as virtue signalling.

The phrase originated in the late 20th century as a neutral or positive term for people engaged in social justice activism. In 2011 when the term first appeared on Twitter it changed from a primarily positive term to an overwhelmingly negative one. During the Gamergate controversy, the negative connotation gained increased use, and was particularly aimed at those espousing views adhering to social liberalism, cultural inclusiveness, or feminism, as well as views deemed to be politically correct.

The term has entered popular culture, including a parody role-playing video game released in 2014 titled Social Justice Warriors.
    @Frozen Beach is the LAST person in this forum I would consider a SJW (quite often the opposite).
    Last edited by allegro; 01-29-2017 at 08:56 PM.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    The only reason why I posted that is because I needed to vent. The whole Barron thing has been running in and out of my mind because occasionally, I'll see tweets about it, or I'll hear someone else talking about it. Also, perhaps I'm extra sensitive towards kids being joked about by adults because when I was a kid, my father would do that towards me. Only it was never in good fun. It was specifically to be cruel. I posted that image because it was the latest example of that shit I've seen.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    "Blah blah blah I have to be right about everything because this stick is really uncomfortable but I'm gonna try so hard to trigger you because you are what I say you are because reasons blah blah blah
    Do we have that little tantrum out of our system now?

P.S.: grow up.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    all i know is whenever i hear the name barron
    Trump puts a bar on this, he puts a bar on that. He's banning everything!

Mentioned
    7 Post(s)

Let's move on, shall we?

Do we have that little tantrum out of our system now?

P.S.: grow up.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    5 gunned down in mosque sleep well you bastard
    -louie

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    5 gunned down in mosque sleep well you bastard
    -louie
    To be fair that was in a different country

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I'm more pissed off at the White House deliberately not mentioning Jews in their announcement on Holocaust Rememberance Day. Seriously, what the fuck? That's Holocaust denial shit.
    Well, Donald/Bannon definitely know their fanbase.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    You suggesting that the ability to raze a city block has anything to do with how a tyrannical govt would handle tons of citizens with firearms distributed across the country is insane. It completely ignores the tactical purpose of a chosen attack method. Under your logic, the only weapon a military needs is a bunch of really big nukes.

How long did it take the US military to kill some low-tech people in the mountains, even though those people were enemy #1? YEARS
    Different leadership, different moral quibbles about executive force. With his Muslim ban, Trump demonstrated that he isn't even working through regular channels. He just does what he wants, or what Bannon tells him to sign. I guess their current strategy is to see how much they can get away with, and how serious the blowback will be.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    James woods twitted a photo of the corpses in the bataclan as a retort for the immigration fiasco's criticism.

You stay classy man, try not to get swallowed by your TV screen.. .

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Trump appointed the Uber CEO as part of Cabinet, now people are deleting their Uber accounts and signing up for Lyft since Lyft pledged a $1,000,000 donation to the ACLU over the next four years.

https://twitter.com/jsfauquet/status/825722668628447234
    I guess the biggest stink was caused because taxi drivers staged a boycott of JFK while immigrants were being detained and Uber went ahead and picked up people from JFK.