Page 136 of 147 FirstFirst ... 36 86 126 134 135 136 137 138 146 ... LastLast
Results 4,051 to 4,080 of 4404

Thread: Trump 2017: Year Zero

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    funny she kind of left that out of her book.
    -Louie

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Wow Gates and Manafort are forcibly equipped with “special ankle bracelets,” wink wink nudge nudge. Judge says there are significant flight risks so she won’t untie them.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    funny she kind of left that out of her book.
    Clinton? I have her latest book, haven’t been able to force myself to read it, yet.

Meanwhile: Sessions is gonna go DOWN.
    Last edited by allegro; 11-02-2017 at 08:45 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Jeeeeesus Christ, the proposed GOP tax plan removes the HELOC write-off and the second home write-off, and there’s a cap on the property tax write-off.

If this passes, the residential real estate industry is DEAD.

There goes my career. Time to do something else.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    once you get into the details of the tax cuts which is why they have been vague intentionally the biggest benefactors are Trump his family and his but since he still hasn't released his return we don't know how much money his putting into his pocket.
    -Louie

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Disgusting president is disgusting https://twitter.com/realdonaldtrump/...17546038923264

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I thought Trump couldn't go to Vietnam because of bone spurs.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Midnight View Post
    I thought Trump couldn't go to Vietnam because of bone spurs.
    Lol lol lol WIN!!! :-D

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Jeeeeesus Christ, the proposed GOP tax plan removes the HELOC write-off and the second home write-off, and there’s a cap on the property tax write-off.

If this passes, the residential real estate industry is DEAD.
    Huh? Are you saying that removing tax incentives to buy gigantic (or multiple) properties will mean realtors who just sell houses to people will suddenly have no one looking to buy homes? Sorry, little confused on this one. I'm sure I'm missing something (it happens more than I'd care to admit)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Huh? Are you saying that removing tax incentives to buy gigantic (or multiple) properties will mean realtors who just sell houses to people will suddenly have no one looking to buy homes? Sorry, little confused on this one. I'm sure I'm missing something (it happens more than I'd care to admit)
    Why are you confused?

Are you being sarcastic?

Edit: here see this: https://www.forbes.com/sites/samanth.../#7ac7d6e23c4d

This isn’t just about multiple or “giant” homes. Homes in the Chicago, San Francisco and NYC areas START at $500,000. Or, at least, in Chicago if they are currently at $350k but if the housing values go UP (a good thing if it’s your house and investment), your taxes go up but your write-off doesn’t. So, stay in your house forever but why would a Buyer want to buy any home? And if that's the case, you're going to have one hell of a time selling your home, you'll be stuck with it and you'd have to rent to the renters who no longer have any incentive to buy.

A HELOC is a Home Equity Line of Credit. It’s a second mortgage that people use to put on a new roof or buy a new furnace or remodel the kitchen; a lender gives you this loan based on the available equity of your home (assessed value minus how much you owe on your mortgage is your money or equity). The new GOP plan removes the HELOC interest write-off. It also doubles standard deduction (NOT indexed to inflation and fixed forever) but removes the standard (personal) exemption.

You can't write off any of your kids, anymore, let alone your house with this new GOP plan.

A certain generation of people in this country view real estate as an investment. Some have a second piece of real estate that they rent out - either all the time via a lease, or as a vacation rental. The middle income people don’t HAVE the commercial write-offs (like Trump does, who stands to gain a LOT by these tax reforms). Real estate has been seen -- for MANY GENERATIONS -- as the SOLE form of "investment" available to people who AREN'T in the upper class or aren't huge investment corporations.

A guy like Trump has ONE primary residence, but that and the rest are all owned by a corporate entity and supply lots of corporate-type write-offs (depreciation, use for business, etc.); Trump does not own one piece of "residential" real estate; for him, it's ALL "commercial" real estate. For the rest of us relative plebs, the primary residence is the sole write-off, and maybe -- if you save your money -- you can purchase a second residence as an investment.

The second (and 100th or whatever) homes to people like Trump AREN'T residential; it's commercial real estate.

I don't want to get too into the weeds, here, but the capital gains level for a primary residence is changing, too, with this GOP plan, so a lot of people will have to start using Starker (1031) exchanges again.

Take away the tax write-offs for residential real estate and there will be little to no incentive for non-corporate buyers.

The property tax cap at $10,000 (the GOP had removed it completely but people went nuts) is a big deal in states with high property taxes (the Chicago area is one of those areas, people are leaving because of it).

The people behind me pay $20,000 and $25,000 per year in property taxes.

http://www.chicagotribune.com/busine...103-story.html

"At the $1 million level, which is first-time buyers in a market like ours, every dollar matters," Kencel said. "One of the nice things we've been seeing is more millennials starting to come out to Greenwich from Manhattan and take the home-buying plunge. This is the buyer pool, I think, that would be particularly sensitive to any changes like this."

For the ultra-rich, caps to property taxes are a bigger blow than the limited mortgage-interest deduction, said Stephen Shapiro, chairman of brokerage Westside Estate Agency in Beverly Hills, California. The firm's average sale this year was about $9.5 million.

"When we're dealing with a sale for $25 million, most of those high-end deals are all cash," Shapiro said. But "if the property tax deduction is limited to $10,000 and you've just bought a house for $25 million, and your property tax is $275,000 a year, then you're losing $265,000 of tax offset under that. That's a big hit."
    Last edited by allegro; 11-04-2017 at 12:58 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    I'm just really bummed that the dad from Webster was involved in Russian collucollusion. Seemed like a real nice guy.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    I'm just really bummed that the dad from Webster was involved in Russian collucollusion. Seemed like a real nice guy.
    Hasn’t Alex Karras been dead for years?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Hasn’t Alex Karras been dead for years?
    Yes. Died in 2012. I just think it's hilarious that this guy's name is George Papadopoulos. A tiny fraction of Gen-Xers will make that connection.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Yes. Died in 2012. I just think it's hilarious that this guy's name is George Papadopoulos. A tiny fraction of Gen-Xers will make that connection.
    Ohhh, that was his name on the SHOW. I'm an older GenXer but I don't remember that shit at all, LOL. (I remember Alex Karras because he was a Detroit Lion but ... )

My husband and I keep walking around saying "Papadopoulos" ... Such as awesome name.

(edit: no offense, but I hate these generation distinctions, since they're not scientific and are nearly entirely used for marketing purposes. A "baby boom" was a quantifiable thing; the sociological and psychological mumbo-jumbo about the rest is hoo-ha, the scientific equivalent of astrology. Webster's largest audience was children, the show ran between 1983 and 1987, so that'd target what we now call "Millennials" yet the show didn't have that term at the time. But, I digress...)
    Last edited by allegro; 11-04-2017 at 01:37 PM.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Ohhh, that was his name on the SHOW. I'm a older GenXer but I don't remember that shit at all, LOL. (I remember Alex Karras because he was a Detroit Lion but ... )

My husband and I keep walking around saying "Papadopoulos" ... Such as awesome name.
    Apparently it's "the John Smith of Greek names."
    https://www.nytimes.com/2017/10/31/b...s-twitter.html

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Papadopoulos sounds like a boorish term for erectile dysfunction.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    https://ivn.us/2017/05/02/courts-can...rol-elections/

https://www.politico.com/story/2016/...ingency-228037

If Clinton could not physically continue her candidacy, she would have to voluntarily cede her nomination, creating a vacancy at the top of the national ticket. If she did, party procedures give the chair of the DNC authority to call a “special meeting” to vote on a replacement nominee. In this case, because chairwoman Debbie Wasserman Schultz resigned in July, her successor, Brazile, has that authority.

“The locus of activity for all of those political questions would then move to the 447 members of the Democratic National Committee,” said Elaine Kamarck, a two-decade veteran of the DNC Rules Committee. “And it’s wide open, and all of the political concern would work out in the context of discussions among the members of the DNC.”
    http://s3.amazonaws.com/uploads.demo...ws_9.17.15.pdf

Brazile did NOT have the power to yank the candidate OR to name a replacement; that is up to the Democratic National Committee.
    Last edited by allegro; 11-04-2017 at 08:36 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Whenever I get depressed or angry or disheartened about the current political climate, I look at Pete Souza’s Instagram feed:

https://instagram.com/p/BbEw1M_l0ZG/

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Of course. But Dems were waiting for a chance to defend Clinton.
    No. Dems aren’t doing that. They’re defending the Democratic Party, and they’re pissed at Brazile’s TIMING.

Okay she is broke and can’t find a job. So she wrote a book for money and to try to get her credibility back. But BAD TIMING on this shit; the pretend bombshells she’s dropping are being used by Trump and his surrogates to distract from other CURRENT important shit, like this tax plan nightmare and North Korea etc.

AND she’s blaming Obama for leaving the DNC broke, blames “his” negligence. Except he wasn’t the chair of the DNC. She is throwing EVERYBODY under the bus. But a lot is bullshit.

Normally, it would not matter. But, currently, she gave Trump and the supporting Repugs a great big gift.
    Last edited by allegro; 11-05-2017 at 12:32 AM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    they wanted to buy the election, sort of autocratic shit you see in Russia or developing countries, such a sham, I'm so glad she did not win, I hate Donald Turmp more but this sort of rot setting in its sick..
    Margaret Thatcher would have thought she was a weak pathetic nepotistic tool and despised her and laughed at her, she would never have had any real power

She was crooked like Trump said, sad but true

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I agree with Bill Maher, Hillary Clinton just needs to go away. I blame her and Debbie Wasserman Shultz for the downfall that was the 2016 election. I'm not sure if Donna Brazille's book is accurate or if the excerpts that have been released are just to sell books. As much as I loved Bernie Sanders and still do, you have to keep in mind that Bernie is an independent he is not a democrat and he is still an independent. Which could be the reason the DNC could not get behind him. As for Brazilles claim to replace Clinton with Biden on 9/11/2016 she didn't have the power to do that, so that is bullshit right off the bat.
    The Democratic party needs to start looking forward and stop looking in the past, what is done, is done. Yes the democratic party is fucked up but the republican party is even more fucked up and Trump is even worse then the republican party. There isn't one policy or one ideology that the republican party stands for that I believe in.
    When 2020 rolls around I will stand out all night in line just to vote and I will be the alternative vote to Trump. I am not going to throw away my vote on some independent that has no chance of getting into the white house, so I will more than likely have to vote democrat just to get rid of Trump. At this point the democratic party could run an inanimate rod, a dog, my cat, a homeless person or the criminally insane and I will vote for them just to get rid of FUCKING TRUMP!

ANYTHING BUT TRUMP IN 2020
    Last edited by Sister Midnight; 11-05-2017 at 10:16 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Now Biden is rumored to be running on 2020.

I’m not sure how successful that will be.

I love Joe Biden, but ...

Brazile just needs money. Period.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Now Biden is rumored to be running on 2020.

I’m not sure how successful that will be.

I love Joe Biden, but ...

Brazile just needs money. Period.

There have been a lot of names thrown around for 2020, Biden, Elizabeth Warren, Al Franken all three of them would be better than Trump. There have been other names as well but I think it is smart for whoever is going to run to keep it quiet until 2019. There is no point giving the republicans or the Trump campaign a heads up to start making up false claims and accusations in advance.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    My money is on them pushing Elizabeth Warren as a candidate

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Midnight View Post
    I agree with Bill Maher, Hillary Clinton just needs to go away. I blame her and Debbie Wasserman Shultz for the downfall that was the 2016 election. I'm not sure if Donna Brazille's book is accurate or if the excerpts that have been released are just to sell books. As much as I loved Bernie Sanders and still do, you have to keep in mind that Bernie is an independent he is not a democrat and he is still an independent. Which could be the reason the DNC could not get behind him. As for Brazilles claim to replace Clinton with Biden on 9/11/2016 she didn't have the power to do that, so that is bullshit right off the bat.
    The Democratic party needs to start looking forward and stop looking in the past, what is done, is done. Yes the democratic party is fucked up but the republican party is even more fucked up and Trump is even worse then the republican party. There isn't one policy or one ideology that the republican party stands for that I believe in.
    When 2020 rolls around I will stand out all night in line just to vote and I will be the alternative vote to Trump. I am not going to throw away my vote on some independent that has no chance of getting into the white house, so I will more than likely have to vote democrat just to get rid of Trump. At this point the democratic party could run an inanimate rod, a dog, my cat, a homeless person or the criminally insane and I will vote for them just to get rid of FUCKING TRUMP!

ANYTHING BUT TRUMP IN 2020
    look no fan of the Clinton's i thought they were broke after leagle issues, were did that money come from? i want a progressive, that actively solves our nations problem's, simple algorithm.
    1) has it been tried before?
    2) was it successful?
    3) refine attempt again!
    -Louie

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    look no fan of the Clinton's i thought they were broke after leagle issues, were did that money come from? i want a progressive, that actively solves our nations problem's, simple algorithm.
    1) has it been tried before?
    2) was it successful?
    3) refine attempt again!
    -Louie

I agree with you, but if for some reason the DNC and the delegates pick another poor choice to run, I am still going to vote for them because I think "ANYTHING BUT TRUMP" should be a movement. However if you are suggesting to run Clinton again then NO WAY. She had her chance she lost the electoral college, I know she won the popular vote, but now she is seen as the loser to Trump, so why do that again. If you want a progressive then Elizabeth Warren is the way to go, and I can easily get behind that.

Oh and just think about it, how much of a burn that would be to the misogynist Trump to lose to a woman. A woman that he calls "Pocahontas" the Nazi KKK loving fuck, have some respect for the native American community. I fucking hate Trump.
    Last edited by Sister Midnight; 11-05-2017 at 12:11 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Trump calls Warren “Pocahontas” because ...

Well, here, read this article: http://www.cnn.com/2016/06/29/politi...tas/index.html

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I know why he calls her "Pocahontas" I still think the tone and the way he is using it is derogatory to the Native American community.

This is something else I don't understand about Trump, Where is the outrage?????

I have been reading the threads in "Speak Your Mind" and I agree if you have sexually assaulted somebody you should be prosecuted to the fullest extent of the law. Weinstein will never work in Hollywood again, a lot of people are saying Kevin Spacey's career is over, Jeordie White is fired from Manson but 17 women have accused Trump of sexual assault, he even admitted on tape of grabbing a woman's private parts and he still gets to be president? What the fuck?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    It IS derogatory, but it’s also why Warren won’t make a good candidate for President: there are too many issues behind that claim, too much available ammo.

The next Dem Presidential candidate has to be fresh, clean, appealing to younger voters as well as everyone else, with no skeletons in the closet.

Then they won’t have ammo for Trump, who’s a huge unapologetic bully who attracts the same types as him.

You can’t fight dark with dark; only light beats dark.

Here is what Trump said (Access Hollywood):

Trump: Yeah, that’s her. With the gold. I better use some Tic Tacs just in case I start kissing her. You know, I’m automatically attracted to beautiful — I just start kissing them. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, they let you do it. You can do anything.

Bush: Whatever you want.

Trump: Grab ’em by the pussy. You can do anything.
    Last edited by allegro; 11-05-2017 at 01:30 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    It IS derogatory, but it’s also why Warren won’t make a good candidate for President: there are too many issues behind that claim, too much available ammo.

The next Dem Presidential candidate has to be fresh, clean, appealing to younger voters as well as everyone else, with no skeletons in the closet.

Then they won’t have ammo for Trump.

Here is what Trump said (Access Hollywood):
    Yeah but you know how this goes, even if they don't have any ammo on somebody they are just going to make it up and then FOX NEWS will jump on the bandwagon and parrot whatever the Trump campaign says.

With regards to the Trump accusers 17 is a big number when it comes to sexual assault 1 is a big number, but 17?

As for Warren the Native American thing to me is no big deal, Trump looks like a moron every time he calls her "Pocahontas" anyways. The claim about being a Native American on Warren's part is nothing compared to all the crazy shit Donald Trump has said and done. One week of Trump's shenanigans for a regular politician is death in the court of public opinion but nothing ever happens to Trump he gets away with everything. Including sexual assault.