Page 91 of 158 FirstFirst ... 41 81 89 90 91 92 93 101 141 ... LastLast
Results 2,701 to 2,730 of 4711

Thread: Trump 2017: Year Zero

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    it's that arrogance / elitism ...
    It's neither; this election caused more polarization than I've ever witnessed or experienced in the nearly 40 years I've been voting. The last nearly 20 years of a polarized Congress that refuses to even consider negotiating has led to this, and Trump was the final straw. These Republicans keep citing Reagan but even Reagan was a negotiater. He's rolling in his grave.

Look at these comments by Paul Ryan:

http://www.cbsnews.com/news/paul-rya...n-health-care/

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    And what a great job he did too, protecting their anonymous source — likely the hapless young woman immediately arrested by the FBI.
    did you see how they found her? It was her own fault. Horrible OpSec.

She printed out the documents at her work. Only 6 people at her work did this so it wasn't hard to narrow it down. Worse, she fucking emailed the news org on her work computer.

It's surreal that her name is "Reality Winner" ... wtf

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    It's neither
    no matter how you rationalize it, you are still justifying non association with people over nothing more than a political party. And you are ok with people who are PROUD of this exclusion to the point they will cheer political speakers for expressing this pride.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    no matter how you rationalize it, you are still justifying non association with people over nothing more than a political party. And you are ok with people who are PROUD of this exclusion to the point they will cheer political speakers for expressing this pride.
    Yeah welcome to the 60s.

Things were hostile then, and it's getting even worse, now. "Us" vs. "them" with no possible reconciliation.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    ... oh he's just off somewhere being the co-founder and editor of the news org who broke the story. It's The Intercept dude.
    Wait... dude... did you think I was bringing him up NOT KNOWING THAT?

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Welp. If you all are super fine with people who speak for your political party proudly proclaiming they have no friends of the opposing party, it's that arrogance that will continue to harm you. You'll continue to create people who want nothing more than to punish you for your own elitism. It's exactly the rant Michael Moore went on before the election.
    Thanks for that wisdom, my libertarian guru fountain of horse shit.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)

Trump 2017: Year Zero

Here is everything you need to know about how she was caught. It's a shame she either didn't try to cover herself or had no idea how. TOP SECRET data. This will get her 10 years. It's not worth the documents that were released. A nondeterministic NSA report that says someone with the fingerprints of Russia *attempted* to gain access to people responsible for polling (not voting) systems.

And she didn't even fight it! This reads like she immediately admitted to it without a lawyer present.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Being a whistle blower is a dangerous game.

In this case, I dunno... did the public need to know it now?

Probabaly not... but it's still fucking fascinating.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Shit. I missed the part where the reporter gave the US gov identifying info about the leaker. Wikileaks just put a $10k bounty on that reporter's head: https://twitter.com/wikileaks/status/871928915031457795

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Aaand the intercept failed to scrub the nearly invisible micro dots that every printer puts on paper. So the exact date, time, and identity of the printer is known.
    http://blog.erratasec.com/2017/06/ho...inner.html?m=1

No idea if NSA even went far enough to check for this. It sounds like they just searched for anyone who made prints. But this would have fucked over the leaker as well.

This whole thing is sloppy.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)

Trump 2017: Year Zero

Man. Fuck the intercept for multiple reasons. That's disappointing.

I'm curious what the Russians were going after these "voter rolls" for. Especially mere days before the election. Would it be to break voter registration for certain people, preventing them from casting a vote? I'm confused as to what impact could be achieved if the phishing were successful.

Mentioned
    126 Post(s)
    Man. Fuck the intercept for multiple reasons. That's disappointing.

I'm curious what the Russians were going after these "voter rolls" for. Especially mere days before the election. Would it be to break voter registration for certain people, preventing them from casting a vote? I'm confused as to what impact could be achieved if the phishing were successful.
    Aaaaand finally the penny drops.

Don't you think this was combined with a massive operation to find groups of likely Clinton voters via their online presence, and fuck with their Election Day process?
    Last edited by botley; 06-06-2017 at 05:39 AM.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by botley View Post
    Aaaaand finally the penny drops.

Don't you think this was combined with a massive operation to find groups of likely Clinton voters via their online presence, and fuck with their Election Day process?
    Do I think that there was a huge Russian vote tampering operation due to this report? This report that suggests a mere attempt on this one area? An attempt that would aline with the popular vote? A popular vote that had no indication of widespread registration tampering? A popular vote that Clinton won?

Nah. I don't think there is any actual evidence that has been made public to support that. I do think there is a lot of evidence that you really want to blame her loss on the Russians though.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Re: The Intercept: Yes, sloppy. Wikileaks has been just as sloppy.

Re: Winner: Deliberate civil and legal disobedience as protest and to spark investigation to see what NSA knows. (Also, why are they still using fucking dot matrix printers?)

Re: Russia info in leak: I read it as if Russia was closely monitoring voter data relative to the Electoral College and not the popular vote; the article says they were focusing on certain states and voter data (as well as strategies?); the Russians know how our Electoral College system works.

Russia tampering with Electoral College votes makes a hell of a lot more sense to me than Trump's winning the EC vote, because I STILL can't believe this stupid fuck is President.
    Last edited by allegro; 06-06-2017 at 10:11 AM.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    I was just watching the Twilight Zone episode "It's a Good Life," and I feel like I just got punched in the gut...

It's like Rod Serling saw this coming.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Re: The Intercept: Yes, sloppy. Wikileaks has been just as sloppy.

Re: Winner: Deliberate civil and legal disobedience as protest and to spark investigation to see what NSA knows. (Also, why are they still using fucking dot matrix printers?)

Re: Russia info in leak: I read it as if Russia was closely monitoring voter data relative to the Electoral College and not the popular vote; the article says they were focusing on certain states and voter data (as well as strategies?); the Russians know how our Electoral College system works.

Russia tampering with Electoral College votes makes a hell of a lot more sense to me than Trump's winning the EC vote, because I STILL can't believe this stupid fuck is President.
    I agree with everything you said, the only reason I quoted you was because I was laughing at your member stats specifically Location: Covfefe. Allow me to reiterate " I STILL can't believe this stupid fuck is president" as well. Every day I am embarrassed by this tweeting narcissistic outhouse of a man baby, that says the stupidest shit that is unimaginable, and it makes me feel like I need to apologize to every country in the world for the actions and words that come out of this fucking idiots mouth, even though I didn't vote for this fucking moron.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Oh the printout contained secret microdots, it was not dot matrix.

1) I did that in the 70s (microdot)

2) Teeny undetected identity dots on printouts: That's creepy and really cool.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Those Trump sons should stfu; they are really fucking arrogant and ignorant.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    @allegro - yeah the microdots are fun. It's why wikileaks goes through some crazy steps to hide all that. You shouldnt even trust the font. Retype everything. That said, the affidavit says nothing about the microdots, so its not what busted her.

Can you explain how you see this connecting to the Electoral College? Specifically, how the systems that were targeted would have any impact on the EC? I'm not seeing that at all.

Mentioned
    163 Post(s)
    More on the microdots. I remember when it was a big thing back in 2005 when EFF deciphered some of the codes. It sucks that it seem to have not received as much as attention as I thought it did. It started as an anti-forgery mechanism. Gotta keep our money safe!

The next time you try to print a black & white doc and your printer is all "but i cant print ANYTHING because the color cartridge is empty!" you can have a fun argument with your snitch-ass printer about how it's gonna get fucking stitches.

https://www.eff.org/issues/printers

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Printer_steganography

Last edited by DigitalChaos; 06-06-2017 at 11:35 AM.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    "Reality Winner" outing info re the Russians attempt at interfering with a Presidential election with a Reality Show guy.

It just doesn't get any better.

This is interesting:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/...-hack-nsa-leak

Reality Winner speaks Farsi, Pashto and and Dari.

The other Reality Winner that comes to mind: LOL LOL LOL

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    More on the microdots. I remember when it was a big thing back in 2005 when EFF deciphered some of the codes. It sucks that it seem to have not received as much as attention as I thought it did. It started as an anti-forgery mechanism. Gotta keep our money safe!

The next time you try to print a black & white doc and your printer is all "but i cant print ANYTHING because the color cartridge is empty!"
    OH MY GOD that fucking happens all the time, it's why I only use my laser printers (I have three printers on the network); the only time I print off the color inkjet is if the fax prints out a report from that printer or if I print photos.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    re Electoral College: I have no friggin' idea. I think over the next two years (that's how long I think this is going to take), we are bound to find out more dizzying info than we ever dreamed possible.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    Why does it seem like every outlet is jumping ahead on this story to focus on the whistle blower? Nobody seems to be covering the content that she leaked, or the implications of what it suggests.

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Those Trump sons should stfu; they are really fucking arrogant and ignorant.
    You mean Uday & Qusay?

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Why does it seem like every outlet is jumping ahead on this story to focus on the whistle blower? Nobody seems to be covering the content that she leaked, or the implications of what it suggests.
    I was wondering the same thing!! She's cute, she's smart, she's interesting, that's all I can figure. If this was some homely kid in his underpants at home, he wouldn't be the focus.

Mentioned
    734 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Art Vandelay View Post
    You mean Uday & Qusay?
    Every time I see them, for some reason I keep thinking about these guys from when I was a kid, my cousin LOVED them, they were on TV all the time:

The Trump boys are totally Homer and Jethro:

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    Every time I see them, for some reason I keep thinking about these guys from when I was a kid, my cousin LOVED them, they were on TV all the time:

The Trump boys are totally Homer and Jethro:

I was using the names of Saddam Hussein's sons because Trump is showing all the signs of being a dictator, but I have always hated the Trump sons simply because they go to Africa and shoot lions. Even if it was somebody I really admired and loved as an artist or a musician if they kill a lion I fucking hate them. If Jimmy Page shot a lion I'd fucking hate him.

Now take two morons (spoiled rich kids of asshole) and they shoot lions I REALLY FUCKING HATE THEM.

Mentioned
    332 Post(s)
    and now the NYTimes is reporting that Donald Trump has decided that Jeff Sessions is a bad man, a very bad man, and he thinks bad thoughts about him. Wonder if Donald will try to send him to the cornfield...

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    did you see how they found her? It was her own fault. Horrible OpSec.

She printed out the documents at her work. Only 6 people at her work did this so it wasn't hard to narrow it down. Worse, she fucking emailed the news org on her work computer.

It's surreal that her name is "Reality Winner" ... wtf
    There's something to be said for Reality Winner and a reality TV star in the White House.

I don't know what it is, but there's something I'm sure.