Page 84 of 137 FirstFirst ... 34 74 82 83 84 85 86 94 134 ... LastLast
Results 2,491 to 2,520 of 4090

Thread: Trump 2017: Year Zero

  1. #2491
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    8,997
    Mentioned
    711 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    If there were more Assanges in the world we wouldn't even be debating half of this. Why don't we have more?

    Assange lost 7 years of his time with his children due to the US. Of course he is going to go after anyone who represents the establishment, especially people like Obama and Clinton who were directly involved.
    So you're inferring that the Swedish raped woman made the whole thing up for Obama and Clinton?

    The victim isn't too happy about this shit:

    http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7744741.html

    the UK is still going to arrest Assange for jumping bail.
    Last edited by allegro; 05-19-2017 at 11:35 AM.

  2. #2492
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    8,997
    Mentioned
    711 Post(s)
    Also, really, THIS IS DRIFT unless it has something to do with Trump. Let's not go off the rails too much and into the whole cyber thing, eh? Maybe this needs its own thread? My old drift spidey sense says this is gonna go off the rails.

  3. #2493
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,913
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    @allegro - US extradition. We wouldn't be talking about this 7 yrs later if it were just a rape trial.

  4. #2494
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    8,997
    Mentioned
    711 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    @allegro - US extradition. We wouldn't be talking about this 7 yrs later if it were just a rape trial.
    yes, we would; the UK wants him for jumping bail. Sweden wanted him, too. Can't blame the U.S. for that shit.

    Needs.
    Own.
    Thread.

  5. #2495
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,913
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Well, you don't understand the Assange situation then. It's been 7 years. In an embassy who won't send him to the US. Manning was just release. Hint: it was also 7 years for Manning.

  6. #2496
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    8,997
    Mentioned
    711 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Well, you don't understand the Assange situation then. It's been 7 years. In an embassy who won't send him to the US. Manning was just release. Hint: it was also 7 years for Manning.
    And that is because of the rape charge in Sweden. Eric Holder said he felt it would be really hard to go after Assange due to American free speech rights. Manning was another story, he was a Government employee subject to court marshall and his job put him under stricter scrutiny than Assange. Holder launched a criminal investigation into Assange's actions in 2010, but there were no official charges and no arrest warrant issued. A "criminal investigation" is just that: an investigation. There's an "investigation" into the Trump campaign team right now, and you don't see all of the players leaving the country to avoid "jail." Because it's an investigation. No charges have been filed, no arrest warrants have been issued.

    I'm leaving for the day, gotta go wax the boat. Have fun drifting yet another thread, Mr. Rabid Libertarian Admin.
    Last edited by allegro; 05-19-2017 at 11:57 AM.

  7. #2497
    Join Date
    May 2012
    Location
    Florida, USA
    Posts
    678
    Mentioned
    20 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Well, you don't understand the Assange situation then. It's been 7 years. In an embassy who won't send him to the US. Manning was just release. Hint: it was also 7 years for Manning.
    Agree with you 100%. He wouldn't have flee if the US wasn't trying to extradite him. Yes, the rape charge was there (and I can believe that it was real) but he would have most likely go through the investigation and trial...

  8. #2498
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    8,997
    Mentioned
    711 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    Agree with you 100%. He wouldn't have flee if the US wasn't trying to extradite him. Yes, the rape charge was there (and I can believe that it was real) but he would have most likely go through the investigation and trial...
    A U.S. extradition order was never issued during the Obama administration. It's not clear if Sessions has issued one since taking office. There were no charges or orders pending as of a month ago:

    https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.b64a3226fdc4

    An "investigation" vs. habeus corpus.

    See this: He "fears" U.S. espionage charges, which have not been brought:

    https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...helsea-manning

    The U.S. had nothing to do with the Swedish investigation and charges, nor would the U.S. extradite anyone in another country TO another country.
    Last edited by allegro; 05-19-2017 at 01:45 PM.

  9. #2499
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    8,997
    Mentioned
    711 Post(s)

  10. #2500
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,162
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I was just reading this... it's absolutely insane.

  11. #2501
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,913
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    the "person of interest" mentioned in the investigation here (https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.0b2f4d24eb59) seems to be Jared Kushner

  12. #2502
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,913
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    aaaand Comey has agreed to testify


    That flight with Trump and all the west wing kids must be insane right now if Trump has internet access. So much news got dumped the moment that flight took off. If not... itll happen when he lands.

  13. #2503
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,162
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    aaaaand Jared Kushner has just deleted all of his tweets.

    EDIT: false alarm there, apparently he deleted two old tweets from years ago, and they don't amount to jack shit. Nothing to see here.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 05-19-2017 at 07:08 PM.

  14. #2504
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    2,073
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    aaaand Comey has agreed to testify


    That flight with Trump and all the west wing kids must be insane right now if Trump has internet access. So much news got dumped the moment that flight took off. If not... itll happen when he lands.
    "IF" Air Force One has internet access? IF? Wow.

  15. #2505
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,913
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    I said Trump. Not Airforce One.

    There are a lot of reasons Trump would be disconnected. He could be busy. Or, his aids could be desperately keeping him cutoff so he doesn't see any of this until they are off the plane. If I were one of his aids, I'd have hidden his phone the moment I saw multiple news orgs dog piling on him. I don't want to be trapped in a plane with him freaking out for that many hours.

  16. #2506
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,162
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    I don't want to be trapped in a plane with him freaking out for that many hours.
    I do. That would be fucking amazing.

  17. #2507
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,913
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I do. That would be fucking amazing.
    rofl. Sure as a spectator. Not when he's my boss and I'm responsible for containing him and trying to keep him functioning.


    I can't wait until all the stories and books start coming out from his staff. Maybe even behind the scenes video. The Comey curtain camo is a great example of gold and it's already out.

  18. #2508
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Location
    Ontario
    Posts
    1,539
    Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

  19. #2509
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    8,997
    Mentioned
    711 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    I said Trump. Not Airforce One.

    There are a lot of reasons Trump would be disconnected. He could be busy. Or, his aids could be desperately keeping him cutoff so he doesn't see any of this until they are off the plane. If I were one of his aids, I'd have hidden his phone the moment I saw multiple news orgs dog piling on him. I don't want to be trapped in a plane with him freaking out for that many hours.
    I saw this report about how Trump watches cable news, like, ALL THE TIME, including on AF One. That's where he gets most of his info (cable news).

    This story includes the CNN clip of the Empire Carpet TV commercial blaring in the background on AF One:

    http://www.mediaite.com/tv/watch-foo...g-commercials/

    Reports are saying that all the foreign countries where Trump is visiting are preparing to serve steak and catsup because that's all Trump eats for dinner.
    Last edited by allegro; 05-20-2017 at 08:37 AM.

  20. #2510
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    2,073
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Reports are saying that all the foreign countries where Trump is visiting are preparing to serve steak and catsup because that's all Trump eats for dinner.
    Well there's the impeachable criminal offense we've been looking for.

  21. #2511
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    8,997
    Mentioned
    711 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Well there's the impeachable criminal offense we've been looking for.
    Worse yet, he only eats his steak WELL-DONE!!!

  22. #2512
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    pacific northwest
    Posts
    1,303
    Mentioned
    39 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Well there's the impeachable criminal offense we've been looking for.
    he also prefers it well done. what a waste.

    edit: haha, @allegro .

  23. #2513
    Join Date
    Nov 2011
    Posts
    8,997
    Mentioned
    711 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kel View Post
    he also prefers it well done. what a waste.

    edit: haha, @allegro .

    LOL LOL OMG Trump is such a culinary old fart:

    http://www.newsweek.com/donald-trump...-he-eat-611692

  24. #2514
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,913
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    "Old" doesn't seem to even cover it. Or do I just not understand his generation?

    He eats like a lot of poor people do, except it's like he later came into a lot of money and decided to spend it on a gold plated coffee maker to boil his new overpriced hotdogs in instead of trying new food.

    But it's not like Trump experienced a lack of money at all in his life. So.... wtf?

  25. #2515
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,913
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    i still love that this is a real photo

  26. #2516
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,162
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    "Old" doesn't seem to even cover it. Or do I just not understand his generation?

    He eats like a lot of poor people do, except it's like he later came into a lot of money and decided to spend it on a gold plated coffee maker to boil his new overpriced hotdogs in instead of trying new food.

    But it's not like Trump experienced a lack of money at all in his life. So.... wtf?
    I read an op-ed piece talking about the well-done-catsup steak thing written by a chef, basically asserting that he's like a stunted bratty baby. That an adult who wants their steak well done and covered in catsup is a child who was never told "no." It made a point too about his penchant for the meat loaf at the luxury mar-a-lago restaurant; a menu item that isn't on the menu, because it's home comfort food based on his mom's recipe, and not something you could realistically feature on the menu of a gourmet cuisine restaurant.

  27. #2517
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Posts
    4,913
    Mentioned
    151 Post(s)
    ^ I've heard that but it seems too easy to be the full picture. He has tons of money and is obsessed with appearance. He has to know how his food selection appears to those with money. He'd be wearing sweatpants if he were only concerned with comfort.

  28. #2518
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    san fransisco
    Posts
    774
    Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    i think trump is following the old adage, you can't get served if you don't answer the door
    -Louie

  29. #2519
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    5,162
    Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Trump and his cronies visit Saudi Arabia, and as part of the welcoming festivities, dance around with swords...

    This is a country under scrutiny for beheading people for sorcery. In the 21st century.

    You aren't visiting a fucking theme camp. Wipe that shit-eating smirk off your face and realize that you are destroying the fucking world.

  30. #2520
    Join Date
    Dec 2011
    Location
    US of A
    Posts
    2,073
    Mentioned
    47 Post(s)


    Shut the fuck up, Donnie.

Tags for this Thread

Posting Permissions