Page 7 of 147 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 17 57 107 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump 2017: Year Zero

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Ugh, Rob Sheridan just posted this from his Twitter timelie:

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)

Trump 2017: Year Zero

Protest turning violent in D.C. https://twitter.com/cnn/status/822513553764679680

It's live on MSNBC right now.

Mentioned
    61 Post(s)
    Why attack a random Starbucks at the expense of our credibility. wth

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    President Trump might want to read this
    He's openly said he hates reading, so I doubt it!

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Has anyone thrown eggs or anything else during the parade?

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Because: the left

Haven't you seen the majority of protests recently? THE CORPORATIONS GUYS!
    Strawman 2017!

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Fuck CNN. Agenda much? Feeling hurt about Trump calling them out for the lying scum they are?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cashpiles View Post
    Fuck CNN. Agenda much? Feeling hurt about Trump calling them out for the lying scum they are?
    Example?
    Last edited by GulDukat; 01-20-2017 at 04:16 PM.

Mentioned
    153 Post(s)
    You know CNN fucked up when @cashpiles is infuriated by their level of mythomania.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Example?
    The example is the infamous golden showers dossier that CNN reported on... All information contained within it is as of yet unsubstantiated. There is 0 evidence to support it.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    The VP pick for Hillary 2020.
    Who will run on the too-cool-for-school, digital-punk-who-sees-through-it-all ticket?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Have to say I figured trump was just pandering to the far right just to maximise his vote... I mean he won't condemn David duke but addresses an aipac conference and tells netanyahu to hang in there (and by the way how the fuck do white nationalists who support him yet blame Israel/Jews for all their problems slice that one? I know they aren't the smartest bunch but their alternate universe does usually have internal logic)

Bit mental having that Franklin guy speak at his inauguration though... you know... the one who went to Russia and said gays should be locked up so they can't brainwash kids. But who knows, perhaps it's another play in the same vein

I always saw pre politics trump as a neo liberal sponge (happy to use tax money to develop property but won't pay tax himself. Isn't that just corporate welfare?), but never thought of him as actually far right.

And now we have him espousing protectionism while Xi Jinping raves about free trade... I might just burn my degrees because nothing makes any sense

But yes, very amusing to see people who've been telling me govt interference in business is basically communism suddenly rave about trump spooking car factories into remaining in the USA via Twitter. It's almost as if they never really had any values or thought anything through. But I guess I'm a condescending elitist for pointing out this unarguable discrepancy

If only it were as simple as him being a cheeto Mussolini... I think it's going to be a lot more interesting (for better or worse)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    The example is the infamous golden showers dossier that CNN reported on... All information contained within it is as of yet unsubstantiated. There is 0 evidence to support it.
    Could say the same thing about a lot of his threats/promises sooooo.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Hillary? lol
    That'll happen right after Bernie wins the 2016 election. I hear there is still a chance.
    You're not making sense. Oh well. Make America Vague Again.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Did they say it was legit, or did they just report that Buzzfeed leaked what was on the dossier?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    To be fair... No we haven't seen the proof, but it's not like it was max Clifford or the Kremlin who produced the dossier, it was an ex SIS operative who has quietly been compiling these kinds of dossiers for years and has an impeccable reputation

It's a tricky one because it is of course very good form to not believe unless you have proof, but on the other hand there is the calibre of the source, which is very hard to dismiss if you sincerely know who he is. Also the fact that the dossier was going around for months and nobody said anything - the leak itself is cold war esque rostrum style shots, as if someone was alone with it briefly and whipped a camera out. I don't believe it until I see it, but neither will I automatically scoff or dismiss it. The only sensible verdict is "who knows?"

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Did they say it was legit, or did they just report that Buzzfeed leaked what was on the dossier?
    That's true. I have to get my information from other sources.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    how about #NotMyPresident? Anyone down with that?
    I prefer #NotMyProblem
    I never understood that one. If you're an American citizen, he kind of is.

http://nypost.com/2017/01/20/militar...-inauguration/

What the ever-loving fuck.
    Last edited by allegate; 01-20-2017 at 06:05 PM.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I mean, im just kinda shit posting since the thread isnt very serious... but yeah. It's the same logic as the people out here who were flying the flag of Mexico to protest Trump winning.
    We agree that it is a dumb act of 'protest'. (By the way, I would never say #NotMyPresident)

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Well, Il Duce supporter/Alt-right supporter Richard Spencer got punched:

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Well, Il Duce supporter/Alt-right supporter Richard Spencer got punched:

All that does is hurt whatever point you're trying to make and give the other side ammo.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    If it was Ann Coulter or Milo Yiannopolous then I would agree. But that guy is actually a Jew hating stormfront goon, nobody will rally around him or anoint him as cause celebre based on that incident, they won't touch it with a ten foot pole.

Not saying it's right to assault people, just that it won't have the effect you say it will

Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    A masked coward comes in with a sucker punch and runs away. It says everything you need to know about those people while giving immediate credibility to the person he punched. It's funny because the left had been trying to label the Trump fucks as the violent ones. It is continually proven to be the other way. GOOD WORK
    Trump wasn’t the one telling his supporters how he’d like to punch people in the face? Trump wasn’t the one telling his crowds to knock the crap out of people and he’d cover the legal fees? Some shittyass behavior from anyone for sure. Not something I’d condone at all. But when a nation sees this kind of juvenile behavior is how you win the Whitehouse, it might be safe to assume that a shit-ton can of worms has been opened and the worst of society from any and all sides will be crawling out of the woodwork to get in on it.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    It's the Post. Just short of the Globe. Not credible.

Meanwhile, Melania sure looked gorgeous today (Ralph Lauren suit, WOW) and tonight in Hervé Pierre, gorge.

Ivanka in Carolina Herrera tonight, wow.

And Michelle Obama today in Jason Wu, wow!

Re rioting: that's been happening since the 60s. And back to the Civil War.

See this: http://www.history.com/topics/americ...ar/draft-riots

I don't get it, but it is what it is.

G said: "They wrecked a Starbucks?? MOTHER FUCKERS!" Lol.

And, the Democratic process in our country and the American voters by state and Electoral College determined that this is in fact the our President. Saying he's "not my President" sounds just as bad as these "Obummer" people who refused to accept Obama as their President, which was just as bad.

I cried watching the Obamas leave D.C. today.

BUT I'VE SIGNED UP WITH THE OBAMA FOUNDATION! And I hope to get involved here in Chicago.
    Last edited by allegro; 01-20-2017 at 09:46 PM.

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    A masked coward comes in with a sucker punch and runs away. It says everything you need to know about those people while giving immediate credibility to the person he punched. It's funny because the left had been trying to label the Trump fucks as the violent ones. It is continually proven to be the other way. GOOD WORK
    Yeah, whatever. The dude is an anti-semite who views miscegenation as "white genocide". Sorry if I'm not worried about MUH CREDIBILITY at the sheer amusement I gain seeing someone knock his lights out.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    I'm watching the inauguration.. they're all dancing to I Did It My Way.. Why do I feel weird that it's all white people?

EDIT: The dictionaries are going to have to change the spelling of triumphant to Trumphant.
    Last edited by cashpiles (closed); 01-20-2017 at 10:01 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    And this? This, God bless George W Bush, this was THE BEST PART OF THE DAY:

https://www.google.com/amp/www.cbsne...ient=safariThe

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    There was this guy on the old NIN.com forums during the first term of the Obama administration who was very vocal about his hatred of President Obama, and he made comments about Obama not being his President and his not answering to Obama, etc.

Except he had ALSO mentioned in a few threads that he was in the Military and had posted a few pics of himself in uniform.

And I pointed out that it was grounds for Court-martial to say anything negative about the Commander in Chief. And he suddenly backpedaled. But, really, how fucking stupid can you get?

I used to take the Metra quite often from downtown Chicago north and would be on the train with Navy people who lived and worked at the Great Lakes facility. One time I was standing in the vestibule area between trains and a sailor starting shooting the shit with me and was telling me how he didn't like our President (who was George W Bush at the time) but he had to stifle his personal feelings because President Bush was the Commander in Chief and our President of the United States, and the sailor could be court-martialed for negative statements about the President.

We civilians certainly can't be court-martialed, but the truth is that there are often Presidents we don't necessarily like but they are still our Presidents. There are ways to vocalize our dissatisfaction with their actions (President Trump has only been in office one day so let's see how it goes) but to protest his election is protesting the process of our Democracy.
    Last edited by allegro; 01-21-2017 at 12:51 AM.