Page 74 of 147 FirstFirst ... 24 64 72 73 74 75 76 84 124 ... LastLast
Results 2,191 to 2,220 of 4404

Thread: Trump 2017: Year Zero

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Chaffetz is resigning and will leave at the end June.

Here's my theory. Chaffetz knows the hammer is about to drop on Trump but can't afford to be implicated because he wants to run for governor.
    Last edited by Deepvoid; 05-18-2017 at 11:50 AM. Reason: Corrected typo

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    he is obviously trying to rip off The President Show. TV ratings should be banned.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Trump is holding a press conference. Someone asked about Comey.

https://twitter.com/colinjones/statu...04689432305664

Normally, Trump goes on and on about this is fake news and whatnot. The fact that he only answered "no", sounds to me like he got advise from counsel. If so, there could actually be something more damaging behind the Comey memos.
    Maybe I'm also reading way too much into this.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    Trump is holding a press conference. Someone asked about Comey.

https://twitter.com/colinjones/statu...04689432305664

Normally, Trump goes on and on about this is fake news and whatnot. The fact that he only answered "no", sounds to me like he got advise from counsel. If so, there could actually be something more damaging behind the Comey memos.
    Maybe I'm also reading way too much into this.
    "No comment" or "next question" alone would be more concerning to me. Because this....if he DID tell him to shut down the investigation at some point, he's now on record as clearly and completely denying that he ever did that. While it's not an "under oath" situation, my gut feeling is that this would be a very bad move.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    reliable source contact with Russia 18 times http://www.reuters.com/article/us-us...-idUSKCN18E106
    witch hunt no so much..
    -Louie

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    IF - and big if here - true....holy shit.

Conversations between Flynn and Kislyak accelerated after the Nov. 8 vote as the two discussed establishing a back channel for communication between Tiny Hands and Russian President Vladimir Putin that could bypass the U.S. national security bureaucracy, which both sides considered hostile to improved relations, four current U.S. officials said.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    So much for Mueller saving the world...
    http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...38532?cmpid=sf

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    They need to prove the contact was malicious. Simply having contact isnt an issue. It's diplomacy. And besides, anyone remember when Obama got caught on a hot mic saying "tell Vladimir that I will have more flexibility after the election" in regards to missile defense during his re-election campaign?
    not even close to what Trump did or what Flynn did suggesting troupe moments and actions to benefit the Turkish government
    -Louie

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    They need to prove the contact was malicious. Simply having contact isnt an issue. It's diplomacy. And besides, anyone remember when Obama got caught on a hot mic saying "tell Vladimir that I will have more flexibility after the election" in regards to missile defense during his re-election campaign?
    I think is not the whole story though:

http://www.snopes.com/obama-more-flexibility-russia/

And you are being deliberately instagative, because you get off on being obstinate and the "other guy"Devil's Advocate, even when nobody is claiming anything you say.

Nobody thinks Trump is personally involved with the Russians. His CAMPAIGN people are being investigated re the Russians and the campaign. Trump is possibly being investigated for obstructing any investigations, for lying about Flynn, for lying about Comey, for asking Comey about the investigation and possibly asking Comey to lay off of Flynn, and now he may have provided Israeli intelligence to the Russians, AND Trump is supposedly still talking to Flynn, against his lawyers' advice, and Flynn is now more in trouble for taking lots of money from TURKEY in exchange for stopping a particular planned air strike.
    Last edited by allegro; 05-18-2017 at 08:03 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Thats the point. There are plenty of reasons simply being in contact with Russia "isn't the whole story." It's a pattern you would find in general diplomacy and fixing relations. There are SO many stories that could get attention. When there are tangible facts relating to those contacts, THEN lets talk. But like I said, there has been months of "Person X was in contact with Russia Y times without disclosing it" type stories.
    It was never JUST about Russia, It is and was about whether or not there was quid pro quo INTENT to allow and perhaps aid Russia in the collapse of the Clinton campaign with the mutual interest of lifting sanctions against Russia so that all involved could make a lot of money ... PERSONAL INTERESTS with another country (hostile, not ally) being served is what is being investigated.

If it were one isolated contact, there would be no issue; but, in law, it's called a preponderance of evidence; SEVERAL Russian ties at the same time as the occurrence of Russian hacking and attempted sabotage, with Trump publicly inviting Russia to hack Clinton emails (not funny in consideration of the weight of the situation). The actual FACTS may not be as bad as HINDERING AN INVESTIGATION or trying to cover shit up (worse).

http://mobile.reuters.com/article/idUSKCN18E106

It's all about INTENT: If the intent is better relations that benefit the U.S. and its citizens, that's one thing; if the intent is to win so that the parties involved will come out winners, for their own benefits and gain, then that's a different matter.

Remember all the charges against Nixon: they were all about abusing power, hindering an investigation, etc.

http://watergate.info/impeachment/ar...of-impeachment

Re all this shit about Flynn, and his being compromised and subject to Russian blackmail (which is why the FBI and CIA expect you to be honest on that security clearance form) is worsened by Pence's assertions that he knew nothing about Flynn, which is now proving to be false: The WH knew Flynn was FOR SURE compromised when informed by Yates but the WH STILL kept Flynn on for another 18 days.

So if the cover-up and obstruction charges extend to Trump AND Pence, we'll end up with PAUL RYAN as President.

Wtf.
    Last edited by allegro; 05-18-2017 at 09:05 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Remember, Flynn was a paid lobbyist for Turkey, wrote THIS ARTICLE on November 8

http://thehill.com/blogs/pundits-blo...ds-our-support

He got $500,000 from Turkey*, TOLD the Trump people that he had NOT disclosed the money he got from both Russia and Turkey when he filled out his Security Clearance renewal form in 2016, and Trump HIRED FLYNN ANYWAY, even after OBAMA had warned Trump about Flynn. AAAAAND, Flynn was SUPPOSED to get CIA CLEARANCE (even HIGHER than the FBI clearance) for his position as National Security Advisor but THAT NEVER HAPPENED.

* http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/...pposed-n761656

Obama spoke with the FORMER President of Russia in 2012, while Obama was President of the U.S., during an international meeting, and advised the former Russian President that he (Obama) could not be as flexible during an election but could possibly be more flexible as a lame-duck if Obama won. Sanctions against Russia didn't happen until 2014.

https://www.state.gov/e/eb/tfs/spi/ukrainerussia/

Putin's hatred of Clinton goes back to 2011:

http://thehill.com/homenews/sunday-t...gainst-clinton
    Last edited by allegro; 05-18-2017 at 08:16 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    right, but PROVE it. We have had several months of people sounding the oh-fuck-alarm because someone connected to Trump "had contact" with someone in Russia.
    easy enough this could all go away tomorrow, but someone would simply release their tax returns, why did everyone from the AG to Yates to the outgoing President saying Mike Flynn should not be trusted it doesn't take a genius to surmise if I'm accused of back robbery and suddenly I have all this cash where it came from i don't think you're that dumb or naive, i don't believe anyone that wants truth is, but,
    -Louie
    Last edited by Louie_Cypher; 05-18-2017 at 08:53 PM. Reason: your and you're

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    easy enough this could all go away tomorrow, but someone would simply release their tax returns, why did everyone from the AG to Yates to the outgoing President saying Mike Flynn should not be trusted it doesn't take a genius to surmise if I'm accused of back robbery and suddenly I have all this cash where it came from i don't think you're that dumb or naive, i don't believe anyone that wants truth is, but,
    -Louie
    And this too:

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/new...150517907.html

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Swedish rape charges against Assange dropped. Sounds like Trumputin saying "thanks for all your good work, buddy."

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    Swedish rape charges against Assange dropped. Sounds like Trumputin saying "thanks for all your good work, buddy."
    But the rape charges were IN SWEDEN.

He's still on the hook here for thousands of charges:

http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...julian-assange
    Last edited by allegro; 05-19-2017 at 10:27 AM.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    It's the Swedish rape charges that pushed him to seek asylum in the Equadorian embassy, and he did so for fear of being extradited to the US from Sweden.

I think Assange sold his soul to the devil, but given Obama and Clinton's persecution of him, I can *almost* understand his motives.
    I think one of Obama's major blunders was his treatment of whistle-blowers, and his release of Chelsea Manning was a belated attempt to reverse that.
    Last edited by aggroculture; 05-19-2017 at 10:33 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    It's the Swedish rape charges that pushed him to seek asylum in the Equadorian embassy, and he did so for fear of being extradited to the US from Sweden.

I think Assange sold his soul to the devil, but given Obama and Clinton's persecution of him, I can *almost* understand his motives.
    I think one of Obama's major blunders was his treatment of whistle-blowers, and his release of Chelsea Manning was a belated attempt to reverse that.
    Even Ed Snowden has said that Assange has been reckless in handling data in the last several months, by not going through the released documents to redact information that could endanger people; it's the equivalent of doxing and that's not accepted, ever.

http://fortune.com/2016/07/29/snowde...leaks-clinton/

"Democratizing information has never been more vital, and @Wikileaks has helped. But their hostility to even modest curation is a mistake." - Edward Snowden

Assange was originally hiding from Sweden in the Ecuadorian Embassy due to the Swedish rape charge; however, the United States and Jeff Sessions is going after him for Wikileaks

http://www.cnn.com/2017/04/20/politi...ks-us-charges/
    Last edited by allegro; 05-19-2017 at 11:22 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    If there were more Assanges in the world we wouldn't even be debating half of this. Why don't we have more?

Assange lost 7 years of his time with his children due to the US. Of course he is going to go after anyone who represents the establishment, especially people like Obama and Clinton who were directly involved.
    So you're inferring that the Swedish raped woman made the whole thing up for Obama and Clinton?

The victim isn't too happy about this shit:

http://www.independent.co.uk/news/uk...-a7744741.html

the UK is still going to arrest Assange for jumping bail.
    Last edited by allegro; 05-19-2017 at 11:35 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Also, really, THIS IS DRIFT unless it has something to do with Trump. Let's not go off the rails too much and into the whole cyber thing, eh? Maybe this needs its own thread? My old drift spidey sense says this is gonna go off the rails.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    @allegro - US extradition. We wouldn't be talking about this 7 yrs later if it were just a rape trial.
    yes, we would; the UK wants him for jumping bail. Sweden wanted him, too. Can't blame the U.S. for that shit.

Needs.
    Own.
    Thread.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Well, you don't understand the Assange situation then. It's been 7 years. In an embassy who won't send him to the US. Manning was just release. Hint: it was also 7 years for Manning.
    And that is because of the rape charge in Sweden. Eric Holder said he felt it would be really hard to go after Assange due to American free speech rights. Manning was another story, he was a Government employee subject to court marshall and his job put him under stricter scrutiny than Assange. Holder launched a criminal investigation into Assange's actions in 2010, but there were no official charges and no arrest warrant issued. A "criminal investigation" is just that: an investigation. There's an "investigation" into the Trump campaign team right now, and you don't see all of the players leaving the country to avoid "jail." Because it's an investigation. No charges have been filed, no arrest warrants have been issued.

I'm leaving for the day, gotta go wax the boat. Have fun drifting yet another thread, Mr. Rabid Libertarian Admin.
    Last edited by allegro; 05-19-2017 at 11:57 AM.

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Well, you don't understand the Assange situation then. It's been 7 years. In an embassy who won't send him to the US. Manning was just release. Hint: it was also 7 years for Manning.
    Agree with you 100%. He wouldn't have flee if the US wasn't trying to extradite him. Yes, the rape charge was there (and I can believe that it was real) but he would have most likely go through the investigation and trial...

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    Agree with you 100%. He wouldn't have flee if the US wasn't trying to extradite him. Yes, the rape charge was there (and I can believe that it was real) but he would have most likely go through the investigation and trial...
    A U.S. extradition order was never issued during the Obama administration. It's not clear if Sessions has issued one since taking office. There were no charges or orders pending as of a month ago:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.b64a3226fdc4

An "investigation" vs. habeus corpus.

See this: He "fears" U.S. espionage charges, which have not been brought:

https://www.theguardian.com/media/20...helsea-manning

The U.S. had nothing to do with the Swedish investigation and charges, nor would the U.S. extradite anyone in another country TO another country.
    Last edited by allegro; 05-19-2017 at 01:45 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I was just reading this... it's absolutely insane.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    aaaaand Jared Kushner has just deleted all of his tweets.

EDIT: false alarm there, apparently he deleted two old tweets from years ago, and they don't amount to jack shit. Nothing to see here.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 05-19-2017 at 07:08 PM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    aaaand Comey has agreed to testify

That flight with Trump and all the west wing kids must be insane right now if Trump has internet access. So much news got dumped the moment that flight took off. If not... itll happen when he lands.
    "IF" Air Force One has internet access? IF? Wow.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I don't want to be trapped in a plane with him freaking out for that many hours.
    I do. That would be fucking amazing.

Mentioned
    94 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I said Trump. Not Airforce One.

There are a lot of reasons Trump would be disconnected. He could be busy. Or, his aids could be desperately keeping him cutoff so he doesn't see any of this until they are off the plane. If I were one of his aids, I'd have hidden his phone the moment I saw multiple news orgs dog piling on him. I don't want to be trapped in a plane with him freaking out for that many hours.
    I saw this report about how Trump watches cable news, like, ALL THE TIME, including on AF One. That's where he gets most of his info (cable news).

This story includes the CNN clip of the Empire Carpet TV commercial blaring in the background on AF One:

http://www.mediaite.com/tv/watch-foo...g-commercials/

Reports are saying that all the foreign countries where Trump is visiting are preparing to serve steak and catsup because that's all Trump eats for dinner.
    Last edited by allegro; 05-20-2017 at 08:37 AM.