Page 65 of 147 FirstFirst ... 15 55 63 64 65 66 67 75 115 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,950 of 4404

Thread: Trump 2017: Year Zero

Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Here are 45 times Trump said attacking Syria was a bad idea and might start World War III
    https://mic.com/articles/173471/trum...yria-wwiii-ww3
    Wait...so you're saying a politician changed their mind? Or lied?! Oh me, oh my.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    off topic because because trump insanity is giving me a migraine, hoping Russia will get pissed enough to spill the dirt on trump but for those into graphic design Pepsi logo https://jimedwardsnrx.files.wordpres...onal_field.pdfnow back to reality and to quit regretting bad career path decisions
    -Louie
    Last edited by Louie_Cypher; 04-07-2017 at 03:40 PM.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Hhmmm...This seems to be escalating.. http://www.bbc.co.uk/news.... this headline scares me a bit...READY FOR MORE...

Sounds like a thug saying 'come at me bro'...

Russia has deployed a huge vessel to protect Syria from missiles....

Im so confused as to whats going on or what i think is right in this situation..every option sucks...its either Assad or Isis/Al Quaieda..

This is the type of shit Obama tried to avoid..i used to bitch about him for not doing enough in Syria...maybe i was wrong..just the amount of different actors in this situation....

Feels like this six year conflict has turned a new chapter..

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)
    But instead we have every major media throwing praise at Trump.
    I think you are mistaking what "praise" means.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    the thing is this is so over trumps head or anyone around him, god America you really screwed yourself this time need to quickly come-up with a get rich snake oil scheme so i can leave out the end of days in luxury i maybe sell prefab bomb shelters over the internet
    -Louie
    Last edited by Louie_Cypher; 04-08-2017 at 08:44 AM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    i think dumb dumb don thinks a few missiles can distract us from your Russian ties guess again orange goof puff
    -Louie

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Things Libertarians say before they get elected:

nothing
    Is it because they don't get elected?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    hey Trump you dumb ass you little 15 million dollar diversion tactic ain't working your approval rating is still in the toilet jobs numbers came out they are not good what about that meeting in Sitra with the head of black-water Putin associates and the arab emirates
    where are you're tax returns? who were those people in 'situation room" where was Pence? any "military" advisors what's really doing on Donnie why were the Russians told we would bomb? how come the air base is still functional runway still working. seems a strange way to spend 15 million dollars how's the wall construction going? did Mexico send a check yet? healthcare? the"well oiled machine" of your administration? I'm not tired of wining yet? is America great yet? tic tok Donnie tic tok
    -Louie

Mentioned
    8 Post(s)

This was fucking classic last night.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Today's episode of WTF With Marc Maron with Jeff Ross has an interesting perspective, from Ross, on Trump.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST ON TOAST ARE YOU FUCKING KIDDING ME WITH THIS SHIT?!

I'd be worried about dying of a brain aneurysm if I didn't think I'd be bombed in World War III first.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Spicy is a complete moron. He looked like a deer in headlight today. He tried to explain what he was trying to say the first time around and completely failed.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    i think what spicey said, was "even Hitler didn't use chemical weapons!" another WTF moment from the WTF adminstation the same people that brought you our nicrowaves have cameras in them how can anyone believe a word from these thief's
    -Louie
    Last edited by Louie_Cypher; 04-11-2017 at 04:40 PM. Reason: thin instead of think

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    i think what spicey said, was "even Hitler didn't use chemical weapons!" another WTF moment from the WTF adminstation the same people that brought you our nicrowaves have cameras in them how can anyone believe a word from these thief's
    -Louie
    Technically, he's correct, if you are talking semantics in terms of "weapons" like in Syria used as a form of chemical warfare in a civil war. Al-Assad has also been killing these people via A SHITLOAD of barrel bombs. He claims they are actually "terrorists." Sarin bombs are "weapons" because they are bombs.

In accordance with The Geneva Protocol of 1925, Nazi Germany refrained from the tactical use of chemical and biological weapons in war, possibly due to the personal experiences of Adolf Hitler as a sergeant in the Kaiser's army where he was gassed by British troops in 1918.

Stanley P. Lovell, Deputy Director for Research and Development of the Office of Strategic Services, reports in his book Of Spies and Stratagems that the Allies knew the Germans had quantities of Gas Blau available for use in the defense of the Atlantic Wall. The use of nerve gas on the Normandy beachhead would have seriously impeded the Allies and possibly caused the invasion to fail altogether. He submitted the question "Why was nerve gas not used in Normandy?" to be asked of Hermann Göring during his interrogation. Göring answered that the reason gas was not used had to do with horses. The Wehrmacht was dependent upon horse-drawn transport to move supplies to their combat units, and had never been able to devise a gas mask horses could tolerate; the versions they developed would not pass enough pure air to allow the horses to pull a cart. Thus, gas was of no use to the German Army under most conditions.
    The Nazi gas chambers and gas vans were extermination agents to quickly and cheaply exterminate people whom Hitler deemed unacceptable per his "Final Solution."

Hitler and the Nazis did not in fact use chemical "weapons" (e.g. bombs) against enemies in WWII, even though these weapons had been invented and used in WW I.

Hitler EXTERMINATED people, including their own citizens, and Nazis called the process "euthanasia."

A Nazi euphemism, "euthanasia" referred to the systematic killing of those Germans whom the Nazis deemed "unworthy of life" because of mental illness or physical disability.

After the June 1941 German invasion of the Soviet Union and Einsatzgruppe (mobile killing unit) mass shootings of civilians, the Nazis experimented with gas vans for mass killing. Gas vans were hermetically sealed trucks with engine exhaust diverted to the interior compartment. Use of gas vans began after Einsatzgruppe members complained of battle fatigue and mental anguish caused by shooting large numbers of women and children. Gassing also proved to be less costly. Einsatzgruppen (mobile killing units) gassed hundreds of thousands of people, mostly Jews, Roma (Gypsies), and mentally ill people.
    As @Deepvoid said, Spicey just looks really fucking stupid every time he tries to explain or clarify anything; he's bumbling. This could have been handled more elegantly, for sure.
    Last edited by allegro; 04-11-2017 at 06:28 PM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I don't give a good goddamn about technicalities and semantics. To compare the killing of < 100 people by sarin gas as an unspeakable tragedy when directly compared to the mass slaughter of millions of people in gas chambers is fucking unreal.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I don't give a good goddamn about technicalities and semantics. To compare the killing of < 100 people by sarin gas as an unspeakable tragedy when directly compared to the mass slaughter of millions of people in gas chambers is fucking unreal.
    He didn't compare it; he was trying to make al-Assad look WORSE than Nazis. But, the reason why Nazis didn't use chemical weapons wasn't because they were HUMANITARIANS, like "oh my God, chemical bombs, WE can't use THOSE" (which is what Spicer was implying), like the Nazis didn't want to break the rules.

The Nazis didn't use chemical weapons because it would kill their horses and they needed horses in battles to transport weapons. They tried making GAS MASKS FOR THE HORSES but they didn't work. So, his whole "the NAZIS didn't even use these bombs" was correct -- but his implication was that the Nazis were too nice to use these bombs, and THAT is ridiculous. The Nazis would have absolutely used "chemical weapons" had they figured out how to implement them without losing their horse transports.
    Last edited by allegro; 04-11-2017 at 06:50 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    it's all semantics no one ever speaks of daily tear-gas bombings in Bahrain
    -Louie

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    it's all semantics no one ever speaks of daily tear-gas bombings in Bahrain
    -Louie
    I just saw Spicer's actual entire statement, and I stand corrected because the idiot said this:

[Hitler] "was not using the gas on his own people in the same way that Assad is doing."

AND THAT'S JUST FUCKING NUTS.

And he said it ON PASSOVER!!!
    Last edited by allegro; 04-11-2017 at 08:18 PM.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Spicer thinks he's still on the school's playground and he and his buddies are arguing whose father is stronger. Only he's saying "the psycho dictator we bombed is meaner than that other psycho dictator".

Syria's leader is BIGLY mean.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    That's a really good analogy, @marodi .

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Syrian missiles "attack" diversion mist lifting Tiilerson going to Moscow FISA warrants issued on Carter Page Brannon in the wind "like sand through the hour glass of time"
    -Louie

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I saw Leviathant post this on FB and couldn't help but instantly comment on the patch on their uniform being the Year Zero cross gun patch, which may be the only thing keeping me sane about all of this shit, it feels too out there to be reality.

Alabama Senate votes to allow church to form police dept.

Mentioned
    49 Post(s)
    I cant believe he said that Hitler didnt gas his 'own' people like the Jews in Germany werent German. This coming from an American, a nation of immigrants???

Mentioned
    551 Post(s)

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I just saw Spicer's actual entire statement, and I stand corrected because the idiot said this:

[Hitler] "was not using the gas on his own people in the same way that Assad is doing."

AND THAT'S JUST FUCKING NUTS.

And he said it ON PASSOVER!!!
    Hence my shouty, expletive-laden response.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    i think trump is starting torealize he is busted the missile launch tillerson to Moscow FISA warrants now Putin say ties are worse with us since trump was elected I think something big is about to drop.
    -Louie

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Hence my shouty, expletive-laden response.
    Your posted graphic said (Hitler didn't) "sink to the level of using chemical weapons" and that is the part that is technically (mostly) correct because of the word "weapon" as in "bomb" but Spicer ALSO said that Hitler "did not use gas on his own people" which is WAY incorrect, of course.

Edit: My husband said it best, I think: "Noooooo, do not EVER mention Hitler, EVER, noooooooooo." Spicer just shoots from the lip.
    Last edited by allegro; 04-12-2017 at 09:13 AM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WorzelG View Post
    I cant believe he said that Hitler didnt gas his 'own' people like the Jews in Germany werent German. This coming from an American, a nation of immigrants???
    No, it came from an IDIOT who isn't a good press secretary or spokesperson who doesn't choose his words carefully or prepare in advance. The German Jews killed by Hitler were German citizens not "from" anywhere else, weren't immigrants. He's thinking LIKE an American who thinks everybody is an immigrant from somewhere "else."