03-14-2017, 07:41 PM
03-14-2017, 07:42 PM
No way. Maddow will deliver.
Originally Posted by BRoswell
03-14-2017, 08:00 PM
Well it appears she already lied once. Her original tweet implied multiple returns.
03-14-2017, 08:01 PM
please please let them be donald's. rachel isn't sketchy like that, showing donald jr.'s or complicit ivanka's.
dear god, let this happen.
03-14-2017, 08:49 PM
here is a very good pierce on the Russian connection from racheal https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FzYjebmHlPM
03-14-2017, 08:51 PM
The first ten minutes as Maddow just spelled out the bonkers level of corruption that your country has had to sit through was pretty overwhelming to me. I know, it's pretty much all common knowledge, but just to hear it all from day one and spelled out...the past few days....so fuckin' crazy.
03-14-2017, 09:26 PM
Nobody takes Rachel Maddow seriously anymore she is a slave to Comcast...
She has been pushing this Russia bullshit more than anyone...
03-14-2017, 09:28 PM
Even worse, half the country doesn't care and the other half is powerless since everything is under republican control.
Originally Posted by october_midnight
I agree that it's a little disappointing that maddow's tax scoop is no smoking gun. Maddow didn't really focus on the document that much. She wants to know the reason of the leak and the source of the leak. It is interesting and the partial release is *something* but it's still not all the returns and doesn't really say much.
03-14-2017, 09:56 PM
I'm just worried that this really was Trump himself leaking these pages as a way of going, "See? Nothing to freak out over, folks! They're angry over nothing! Dishonest Media!!!" The narrative that I think a lot of people who don't pay constant attention will gather is "Trump's tax returns got leaked and nothing came out of it."
I'm hopeful that it's instead what I want it to be, which is a sign that these documents are out there and somebody wants to make them public some way or another, and that it's set a precedent that's going to continue moving forward. But, I highly doubt it.
03-14-2017, 10:12 PM
i think Donald is the source of the leak so he can whine and start spouting off about witch hunt, notice how things starting to unravel with the Russian connection then we have the wire tap accusation, now we have this "leak"it's two pages from 2005 and and a 1040, i think he is starting to sweat, you have the wiki-leaks vault 7 dump then you have kelly anne con way talking about microwaves transforming into TV's WTF? i don't think all of these things are quawinky-dinks.
03-14-2017, 10:20 PM
Isn't this stuff old news? Didn't WSJ write about his 2005 taxes last year?
Last edited by Frozen Beach; 03-14-2017 at 10:23 PM.
03-15-2017, 01:13 AM
Originally Posted by Frozen Beach
03-15-2017, 01:40 AM
I think I was thinking of this, but of course I can't read it without subscribing or signing into an account...
Originally Posted by allegro
03-15-2017, 01:57 AM
Yeah, you're right, that was from a year ago. But it was only related to a write-off from a golf course; it wasn't a leak of the tax return.
Originally Posted by Frozen Beach
Here's another source from a year ago:
Last edited by allegro; 03-15-2017 at 02:04 AM.
03-15-2017, 07:53 AM
A writer for HuffPost though had some interesting thoughts about how just before Maddow's show, the White House just came out and said YEAH ITS JUST THE 2005 RETURNS...laid out in a series of tweets:
1) Trump said he couldn't release data from his 2005 & other returns due to an audit. Tonight he did so willingly--revealing that he'd lied.
2) We now know that, whensoever the WH should consider itself under threat of imminent release of Trump tax info, it will release that info.
3) We now know that there are people in possession of Trump tax info who are willing and able to send that info anonymously to reporters.
4) Maddow's handling of Trump's '05 1040 confirms that reporters are willing to receive Trump tax info & publish it under the 1st Amendment.
5) The WH's frantic and clearly "spooked" reaction to the release of Trump's '05 1040 will confirm to many that Trump has something to hide.
6) Given where the housing market was in '05, Trump making "only" $150 MILLION in that year (gross) belies his claim he's worth $10 BILLION.
7) The return reveals that Trump paid a paltry 3.3% in taxes excluding the AMT--a figure that could cause upset among some Trump supporters.
8) Given that Trump paid 600%+ more in AMT than he did in "regular" taxes, his tax policy of abolishing the AMT is revealed as self-serving.
9) The release of Trump's '05 return puts _squarely_ back into public discourse the question of why Trump refuses to release _any_ returns.
10) The renewed focus on Trump's taxes tonight highlights a previously under-reported story: that Trump may have lied to the FEC (a felony).
11) The WH response to release of Trump's '05 1040 can be seen as a direct threat to the national press--and that would normally be a story.
12) The massive interest in Maddow's scoop we saw tonight belies the WH claim (& media assumption) the public doesn't care about this issue.
13) The return _begins_ to paint a picture of how Trump does business: he holds almost no bonds & heavily invests in closely held companies.
14) The WH's willingness to talk about _this_ return sets a standard we can use later on if/when the WH balks at discussing _other_ returns.
15) Indeed, the moment the WH reacts _differently_ to the possible release of a tax return than it did tonight, we'll _know_ something's up.
Bonus) IOW, when CNN's Borger or others say tonight's tax return release was a non-story, I don't know what the HELL they're talking about.
03-15-2017, 08:14 AM
again more distractions for this weeks addition of king con Bolshevik Island
03-15-2017, 04:55 PM
Additionally, the consideration to the possibility that Trump himself was behind the leak would seem to imply that this is his "best foot forward"
Originally Posted by october_midnight
03-15-2017, 06:50 PM
guess where the oompaloompa was today guess what he was doing repealing Obama's mpg standards watch gas prices start to rise again#make america a dumpster fire
03-15-2017, 07:15 PM
Last edited by marodi; 03-15-2017 at 07:17 PM.
03-15-2017, 07:27 PM
I'm surprised we've yet to see him retweet his own "SEE YOU IN COURT!" tweet
03-15-2017, 08:34 PM
03-15-2017, 09:26 PM
I don't think that he's going to get very far. Quoting the LA Times:
Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher
"Under the Clean Air Act, the state can impose emissions standards stronger than those set by the federal government, and a dozen other states have embraced the California rules. About 40% of the vehicles sold in America are subject to the rules California sets. Automakers have said repeatedly that it is untenable to manufacture separate fleets of vehicles to meet different standards."
GWB fought CA in court over this issue and lost.
03-15-2017, 11:17 PM
Originally Posted by marodi
Jesus christ, did I read this survey correctly? Is there for real a line at the end of this about Trump getting rid of the term limits?
03-16-2017, 12:00 AM
It's to impose term limits on Congress.
Originally Posted by richardp
03-16-2017, 08:04 AM
oompa loompa's throwing tantrum's again, he and betsy should take a high school civic's class together
03-16-2017, 01:32 PM
i wonder if people are slowly getting conditioned to oompaloopa's crazy, i fear soon oompa will tweet something outrageous, and go ,"is it Friday already?"still no tax release, no health plan, didn't he also he was not going to take a salary? how that whole wall building going? stay awake America, hold him accountable! never surrender, never forget!
03-16-2017, 02:42 PM
holy shit, now Rand Paul is being accused of working for Putin. This shit is so fucking overplayed by now. just shut the fuck up because nobody is going to listen to THE RUSSIANS anymore.
Rand's response is gold.
03-16-2017, 04:17 PM
Putin is an honest threat and has been for a number of years ask his political opponent's or people he's killed or imprisioned
03-16-2017, 11:25 PM
Conversely, can we stop mocking people for asking for simple proof of a potential conflict of interest held by the president of the United States? I get that "nobody is going to listen to The Russians" anymore... it's not because the evidence that Russia attempted to influence the election isn't there... and actually, screw it, it is flat-out incorrect to assert that people don't care about the issue, just ask Fox
Originally Posted by DigitalChaos
After all, the "whole Russia thing" is a fluid, developing concern. It has implications that spill over beyond the election stuff.
Also, fuck Rand Paul. Listen to him get giddy about dismantling the ACA. You can love his response all you like, but here's what it boils down to: "HAHAHAHA, Russia, I don't care about that!!!! That's CRAZY talk from CRAAAAAAAAAZY people... I've got bigger concerns, and they have to do with hyper capitalism and the destruction of socialized health care... that's the shit I care about, fuck John McCain! What a senile old man! See... Obamacare isn't preventing McCain's dementia! How funny is this Russia shit? Let's talk about things that relate to the greed of my constituents! What I care about is that MY party is in control, and you want me to entertain the notion that their supreme control is somehow delegitimized? Get the fuck outta here!!!"
Fuck him, and the father he rode in on.
Last edited by Jinsai; 03-16-2017 at 11:28 PM.
03-17-2017, 01:28 AM
I can't stand that asshole, really. He's a smug rich Marie Antoinette motherfucker.
Like Paul Ryan, another piece of shit; a hypocrite who wants to privatize Social Security even though he went through college using Social Security survivor benefits after his dad died when he was 16. His kids will never need retirement money; they will have a sizable trust fund.
Last edited by allegro; 03-17-2017 at 01:36 AM.
Tags for this Thread