Page 54 of 147 FirstFirst ... 4 44 52 53 54 55 56 64 104 ... LastLast
Results 1,591 to 1,620 of 4404

Thread: Trump 2017: Year Zero

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by baudolino View Post
    It appears that Flint, Michigan (which won't have water free of dangerous lead until 2018) was not a lesson for these people.

Before the EPA, this country was literally a sewer. Lake Erie contained so many pollutants, you could set it ON FIRE.

I just hope the Asian Carp don't take over the Great Lakes; THAT is irreversible.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    and let's not forget who brought Info Wars to the press table here.
    Billy Corgan??

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    What would I suggest to the boy who cried wolf? Basic journalistic integrity.
    Have you considered the possibility that major news stories lately especially involve republicans? They control everything right now. Everything they do is a tacit capitulation to a rabid, sneering version of their extremism.

Impartial news coverage has taken less of an opportunist swing towards leftist bias... reality is being controlled by a president informed by Breitbart.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    It appears that Flint, Michigan (which won't have water free of dangerous lead until 2018) was not a lesson for these people.

Before the EPA, this country was literally a sewer. Lake Erie contained so many pollutants, you could set it ON FIRE.

I just hope the Asian Carp don't take over the Great Lakes; THAT is irreversible.

Good ol lake Erie, we never stop talking about how it caught fire. I guess I will get to see it in person, now.

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    South Korean president (now civillian) Geun-Hye Park was officially impeached today, 11:00AM local time. The Constitutional Court's decision was unanimous.

As some of you mentioned earlier, make the same noise the South Koreans made when the time comes. Not one person was dead/injured during protest. Quite an achievement.

Last edited by Lerxto; 03-09-2017 at 10:20 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Republican healthcare plan
    1. more money for us
    2.fuck you
    -Louie

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    From WaPo: https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.09c52868bbc7

Attorneys to Sessions: "You first." At least that would be my answer.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Explain this to us.

Does AG have any power to make it happen or is it just an empty "request" ?
    What are the implications and has it happened before?
    Well, first part was the insanity about the star charts you posted.

Second part about the resignations was just a tweet.

I read it's happened before, but I don't think to this level.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Well, first part was the insanity about the star charts you posted.

Second part about the resignations was just a tweet.

Actually, under Clinton, the call to resign was on a larger scale...

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

http://www.nytimes.com/1993/03/24/us...osecutors.html

Attorney General Janet Reno today demanded the prompt resignation of all United States Attorneys

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Another reason Justin Amash is one of my favorite politicians.

He has never missed a vote. He has posted detailed explanations of every vote he makes. Over 4000 votes. But today he accidentally missed a vote while talking about the GOP healthcare bill. He rushed to try and get his vote in, but was too late. He broke down in tears. In place of his usual vote explanation was a simple "I'm sorry" to the people he represents.

http://www.politico.com/story/2017/0...ng-vote-235928
    That was heartbreaking to read. He clearly took pride in never - literally never - missing a vote, and now he can never say that again. His entire platform of a perfect record gone forever in the blink of an eye. I feel so bad for him.

Also: detailed explanation of every single vote? Amash 2020.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    That was heartbreaking to read. He clearly took pride in never - literally never - missing a vote, and now he can never say that again. His entire platform of a perfect record gone forever in the blink of an eye. I feel so bad for him.

No it's not, because he had the integrity to apologize for his failure immediately and honestly. I may or may not agree with him, but that's admirable.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    No it's not, because he had the integrity to apologize for his failure immediately and honestly. I may or may not agree with him, but that's admirable.
    It is though. He can never again say he never missed a vote. It doesn't ruin his integrity. It doesn't change his passion for his work. But he had a brand, a claim to fame, a motto, whatever you want to call it. He had a perfect record, and now he can never, ever say that he hasn't missed a vote.

He's obviously still admirable. He's obviously still the same man he was before missing one single vote. But now he can never go on Facebook and tell his constituents that he's never missed a vote, which he took enormous pride in. Losing that has got to hurt, and his reaction to the mistake made that pretty clear.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    God must have a sense of humor.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Preet Bharara refusing to step down... Holy shit... This is crazy.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/03/11/u...=top-news&_r=0

edit: He just tweeted that he was fired moments ago...
    Last edited by Jinsai; 03-11-2017 at 01:32 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Okay I'm sorry about linking Breitbart, but I actually agree with Rand Paul, here re "Ryancare."

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    If you could reword it, I'd appreciate it, but I'm not even going anywhere near Breitbart right now. Fuck that site.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    If you could reword it, I'd appreciate it, but I'm not even going anywhere near Breitbart right now. Fuck that site.
    It's an INTERVIEW with Rand Paul, with no commentary.

Kassam asked if House Speaker Paul Ryan (R-WI) was correct to argue that repealing Obamacare without an immediate comprehensive replacement plan is impossible, and the plan his caucus has put on the table is the closest to repeal they can get.

“I’ve always been for repeal and replace at the same time, but not necessarily in the same bill,” Senator Paul replied. “The reason why I think you need ‘replace’ is we need to offer hope, and we need to offer an insurance product that is inexpensive, and something that will fix the marketplace so everybody can get access to health insurance.”

“The problem with putting replace and repeal in one bill is that we all tend to agree on the repeal aspect, Republicans, but we tend to disagree on the replacement aspect,” he said. “My idea of replacement is trying to let the marketplace work, encouraging people to join co-ops and healthcare associations so they can drive prices down, and freeing-up the sale of all kinds of insurance.”

“Some of those things we actually agree with Paul Ryan on. The problem is Paul Ryan has a lot of Obamacare Lite stuff that he wants to keep in there,” Paul said. “He wants to keep the Obamacare subsidies. He calls them tax credits, refundable tax credits. He wants to keep the Obamacare taxes, all of the taxes, for a year – and then he wants to keep the Cadillac tax, the tax on good insurance, forever.”

“He also has an individual mandate in there, which is curious, because if you’ve listened to the debate for the last six, seven years, one of the things Republicans have hated the worst is the individual mandate,” Paul added. “He keeps the individual mandate. You just don’t pay the government; you have to pay the insurance company. I think if you talk to customers and patients across the country and talk to doctors, there’s not a great deal of difference in dislike between the government and the insurance companies. You’re not going to make a lot of us happy if we have to pay the insurance company a penalty instead of the government.”

“But there’s also insurance company bailouts in there. This gets to the fundamental heart of the problem. The problem with Obamacare is they tell people, ‘You know what? You can wait to buy insurance until after you’re sick.’ When they do that, nobody buys insurance until they’re sick, and the price of the insurance goes up. Ryancare doesn’t fix that. If you do not fix that, the premiums will continue to skyrocket, but we’re going to be blamed for it,” the senator warned his fellow Republicans.

“After repeal is voted on, and even if it’s an incomplete repeal or Obamacare Lite, Republicans will own this. So we’ve got to get it right before we do this. We have to understand fundamentally that if you wait to let people buy insurance until after they’re sick, they will,” he said.

“The interesting thing about the individual mandate in the Ryan plan is that let’s say you do lose your job, or let’s say you can’t buy insurance for a while. Now you know that when you buy it again, you have a 30 percent penalty. You don’t get the penalty until you buy it. So why would you buy it? You’re going to wait to buy it until you get sick. So once again, as the adverse selection gets worse, the death spiral of Obamacare continues after Ryancare,” Paul argued.
    Last edited by allegro; 03-12-2017 at 01:21 AM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Good. Fuck that guy. He put Ross Ulbricht in prison for life.
    Yeah why should a guy who tried to hire hitmen and operated a black market go to prison right?

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    HAHA:

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Weird, you still sound ridiculous.
    Weird, you still sound like a tool.

https://www.wired.com/2015/02/read-t...ssassinations/

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...man-was-a-cop/

https://arstechnica.com/tech-policy/...hire-attempts/
    Last edited by implanted_microchip; 03-12-2017 at 02:50 PM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Yup. Those allegations were used to get low information public opinions to go against Ross. All the way up to headlines with "MURDER" next to his face.

Thing is, all those charges were quietly dropped from the indictment. The indictment. They didn't even try bringing them to trial. That speaks very clearly on the credibility of the claims.

https://www.dailydot.com/crime/silk-...ross-ulbricht/

Even if the allegations had enough credibility to stay on the indictment, go to trial, and be proven in a court... it wasn't even murder. Nobody dies. And people like you think that deserves a life sentence. wtf?

But no, not even pretend murder had enough credibility to make it on an indictment. But people like you think it's sufficient for justifying life in prison.

Democracy is so great!
    Why, instead of explaining that with actual information originally, did you just edit my comment to be an asshole and condescend to me while insulting literally every post I have ever made?

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    @kleiner352

Don't lose your time over this, it's a hopeless case. Ross Ulbricht is a Libertarian and a martyr for the cause.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    @kleiner352

Don't lose your time over this, it's a hopeless case. Ross Ulbricht is a Libertarian and a martyr for the cause.
    I just don't get why it is impossible for our residential Libertarian to have a conversation where he doesn't insult the shit out of me and provide actual evidence and examples after the fact, and almost always in an incredibly condescending and hostile way. I talk to Trump voters multiple times a week in person and we get along great and have in-depth conversation because we're all capable of not acting like assholes that feel the need to pretend as though we're somehow smarter than each other because we disagree. It's not impossible to debate something without being a self-righteous prick.

Mentioned
    169 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kleiner352 View Post
    I just don't get why it is impossible for our residential Libertarian to have a conversation where he doesn't insult the shit out of me and provide actual evidence and examples after the fact, and almost always in an incredibly condescending and hostile way. I talk to Trump voters multiple times a week in person and we get along great and have in-depth conversation because we're all capable of not acting like assholes that feel the need to pretend as though we're somehow smarter than each other because we disagree. It's not impossible to debate something without being a self-righteous prick.
    It's not just you, you know. It's everyone; the exception being @allegro because she kicks ass. My friend, you have to understand that us little people/snowflakes/sheeps/koolaid drinkers are not worthy of exchanging points of view with such superior beings like him. Our two digits IQs cannot comprehend his enlightened concepts. It upsets him when we try so he has to put us in our place, for our own good.

Bottom line, he's a self-titled troll. That explains everything.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by marodi View Post
    It's not just you, you know. It's everyone; the exception being @allegro because she kicks ass. My friend, you have to understand that us little people/snowflakes/sheeps/koolaid drinkers are not worthy of exchanging points of view with such superior beings like him. Our two digits IQs cannot comprehend his enlightened concepts. It upsets him when we try so he has to put us in our place, for our own good.

Bottom line, he's a self-titled troll. That explains everything.
    On one hand I understand all of that and it's why I've tried hard to not engage with him as time's gone by but, just, holy shit does it get old when any time I make a post in here I get some genuinely insulting, aggressive shit thrown at me and nothing's ever done about it and I can't even block him because he's a mod/admin and I cannot help but on occasion take the bait. I'm all for multiple sides being represented but being facetious and putting people down constantly is not a side. Why n he's allowed to act however he wants nonstop and pretty much ruin a thread constantly is beyond me. It's like having Reddit Incarnate trolling around calling me an idiot constantly.
    Last edited by implanted_microchip; 03-12-2017 at 04:26 PM.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    let's take the name calling down a notch this isn't the MM thread...
    -Louie