Page 41 of 147 FirstFirst ... 31 39 40 41 42 43 51 91 141 ... LastLast
Results 1,201 to 1,230 of 4404

Thread: Trump 2017: Year Zero

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I think the pendulums will swing again jobs market is not any better middle class is not any better and trump ridiculous campaign promises and with duffass at the helm we are bound for an iceberg I just hope not too many are hurt, midterms will be brutal
    -louie

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sentient View Post
    Expecting a yuge effort at a diversion story to happen "soon".
    I think more and more people are starting to "smell the coffee" iIwant to put RATMs Wake-up on 11
    -louie

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Trump Campaign Aides Had Repeated Contacts With Russian Intelligence

Donald J. Trump’s 2016 presidential campaign and other Trump associates had repeated contacts with senior Russian intelligence officials in the year before the election, according to four current and former American officials.

https://www.nytimes.com/2017/02/14/...ications-trump.html?smid=fb-nytimes&smtyp=cur

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    so Trump's twitter accounts have unfollowed Kellyanne Conway...
    Thank god I don't have to see that person or hear her smile and lie constantly anymore.

On to the next slice of fresh hell...

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    What scares me though is the amount of damage that can be done before then, from domestic issues like defunding science and giving the finger to civil rights, to international war mongering.
    It will all assist the fall.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I guess the Twitter Trump / Conway thing may not be true.

I love how Twitter is calling her "Propaganda Barbie."

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    I looked and I swear it wasn't there, and now it is
    Who knows though... this is the strangest moment of political engagement I've ever seen.

Can the president PLEASE start talking to the public via press statements again instead of fucking Twitter?

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I looked and I swear it wasn't there, and now it is
    Who knows though... this is the strangest moment of political engagement I've ever seen.

Can the president PLEASE start talking to the public via press statements again instead of fucking Twitter?
    of course he won't abstain from twitter voluntarily. it is just too convenient. Every tweet that hasn't the desired effect was a hack. see conway (uh-oh maybe that was just a spin too to make him stop twittering).

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by baudolino View Post
    Every tweet that hasn't the desired effect was a hack.
    And that is, honestly, the biggest security threat we have right now. The president is tweeting policy opinions and it is, at this point, an official channel of communication from the white house...

We know for a fact that hackers can take over accounts, and all it takes is a 3am tweet that says "Hey China, enjoy the nukes I just launched. America first!" for a serious international crisis to emerge (if not war). Foreign leaders know that Trump's behaviour is erratic and they would consider a tweet like this "possibly real" the least.

So yeah. All those assholes who were so upset about Hillary's unsecure email servers but are silent on Trump's twitter account can fuck themselves...

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    I guess the Twitter Trump / Conway thing may not be true.
    The what? What did I miss by having old man bedtime hours?

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    I just thank God trump doesn't drink

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    I wish he did. Couple the stress of the job and his age with alcohol and he'd probably be out of the office sooner.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    The what? What did I miss by having old man bedtime hours?
    See this. It generated about 2,000 stories last night.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Wait... you believe things he says?

Besides, his puppet master looks like he's put in some rounds with the bottle

See this. It generated about 2,000 stories last night.
    Ah, that explains it. I saw someone post about how he'd stopped following Conway... so I went and checked and she wasn't there. Then, a little bit later, she is. I swear, and I'm going to sound like a conspiracy theorist at this point, but this is probably a strategic move by Bannon to make everyone paying close attention feel like nothing is real and we're all losing our minds.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 02-15-2017 at 12:09 PM.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Puzder is out. Was he really worse than DeVos and Sessions? The whole thing is a shit show.

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/02/tru...is-nomination/

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Puzder is out. Was he really worse than DeVos and Sessions? The whole thing is a shit show.

https://www.rawstory.com/2017/02/tru...is-nomination/
    Sort of an ironic twist that a guy accused of beating his wife said he's "tired of the abuse" that accompanies becoming a public figure. Maybe he's also "tired" of people targeting Carls Jr by affiliation, and mocking the ridiculous ads they run where women fuck cheeseburgers.

Mentioned
    733 Post(s)
    i am still avoiding all of this.
    it still does not compute for me.
    it does not seem real.
    how is this really happening?
    i can't even fucking watch.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    I think we can all agree trump is a tiny-handed whiney little bitch
    -louie

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I was watching "The View" this morning and the woman on the panel who's an attorney, I can't remember her name, said blaming the leaks is akin to blaming the surveillance camera for getting arrested for robbery.

Plus, there's this.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    For those of you who may know, I have a hypothetical question I've been pondering all day since this whole thing keeps snowballing.

Let's say the whole thing bursts open, they find out Trump's team worked together with Russia, all the bad things that were rumored were true, treason and the whole 9 yards. Trump is impeached (and perhaps jailed). Pence was in on it at least so far as to try to cover things up and is gone too.
    How far would things go? Who all would be removed? Would cabinet picks be removed? Supreme Court judge (if there were one nominated by Trump and voted in)? Other government agencies that have been affected, would any of that change? People who were replaced by Trump? EOs written removed? Laws he basically scrapped re-instated? How much of the administrative changes that have been made would be un-done if they both were removed from office?

I'm not saying I think any of this will happen, just curious what would happen to everything that has changed since his inauguration if this blows wide open and takes a bunch of them out.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sick among the pure View Post
    For those of you who may know, I have a hypothetical question I've been pondering all day since this whole thing keeps snowballing.

Let's say the whole thing bursts open, they find out Trump's team worked together with Russia, all the bad things that were rumored were true, treason and the whole 9 yards. Trump is impeached (and perhaps jailed). Pence was in on it at least so far as to try to cover things up and is gone too.
    How far would things go? Who all would be removed? Would cabinet picks be removed? Supreme Court judge (if there were one nominated by Trump and voted in)? Other government agencies that have been affected, would any of that change? People who were replaced by Trump? EOs written removed? Laws he basically scrapped re-instated? How much of the administrative changes that have been made would be un-done if they both were removed from office?

I'm not saying I think any of this will happen, just curious what would happen to everything that has changed since his inauguration if this blows wide open and takes a bunch of them out.
    If Trump and Pence were somehow both impeached, the next highest position would become President: Paul Ryan, Speaker of the House

If the SCOTUS choice had not yet been confirmed, then it's likely that Ryan would then nominate the same nominee or somebody new. But if the confirmation had already happened, things stay the same.

Cabinet appointments would be up to the new President.

When Clinton was impeached and when Nixon resigned, all of their EOs remained in place.

The next Dem President would likely undo a lot of the EOs by issuing replacements, this happens all the time. Those are the only laws that are directly affected by a President. The President doesn't generally legislate, has very limited legislation powers.
    Last edited by allegro; 02-15-2017 at 09:23 PM.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    There's no way in hell this would happen but I wish they'd just turn it over to Hilary and we could pretend this never happened.

I watch MSNBC sometimes and lately there's a commercial about Gorsh needing to be confirmed. It's like a campaign commercial for a Supreme Court judge. It tells you to call your senator and encourage them to confirm him. Is this weird? Did I miss the garland commercials?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    There's no way in hell this would happen but I wish they'd just turn it over to Hilary and we could pretend this never happened.

I watch MSNBC sometimes and lately there's a commercial about Gorsh needing to be confirmed. It's like a campaign commercial for a Supreme Court judge. It tells you to call your senator and encourage them to confirm him. Is this weird? Did I miss the garland commercials?
    Pay attention to who is PAYING FOR the TV ads.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Love it.

A few months ago Dems were screaming that the leaks were coming from Russia to try and ignore the contents. Now, the Trump supporters are screaming that the leaks are from the NSA to try and ignore the contents.

Complete role reversal and everyone is a hypocrite as usual.... Except for the people who consistently said that both the leak and leaker are separate stories that are worth covering. *waives hand*
    I had said it that if Hillary or the DNC had not DONE anything worth leaking, there would be no news; but I don't break my fucking arm patting myself on the back like you do.

The fact that Russia is involved IS a big part of the narrative, though. It's not unimportant. The Dems (a lot, not all) merely thought the subjects of the leaks weren't important. You were siding with Trump, saying it might not be Russia, there's no proof it's Russia, etc. The very last bit that hurt the Dems was delivered by the FBI, because Comey thought the public "needed to know." Now it ends up that the FBI knew that Flynn discussed sanctions with Russia, but the FBI said nothing.

THIS never made much news, either.

Anyway, the key issue in the CURRENT matter is that Flynn lied to Pence, leaving Pence relying on false info. How we found OUT that he lied (leaks) doesn't negate the deception.

Leaks aren't going away.
    Last edited by allegro; 02-16-2017 at 10:49 AM.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    Internal whistleblowers and leaks are not even remotely comparable to an adversarial foreign superpower attempting to sway the outcome of our elections while potentially colluding with the campaign of one of the two major candidates. If you want to act like they are then you're either a contrarian asshole or a total idiot.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Listening to Trump on TV, what a fucking moron.

He received "the most Electoral votes since Reagan."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...College_margin

Obama received 332 Electoral Votes in 2012, and 365 Electoral Votes in 2008. Bill Clinton received 370 in 1996. George HW Bush received 426 in 1988.

Mentioned
    251 Post(s)
    @allegro a reporter refuted that directly and Trump just talked over him and moved on to another question. This is such an embarrassment

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Listening to Trump on TV, what a fucking moron.

He received "the most Electoral votes since Reagan."

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_o...College_margin

Obama received 332 Electoral Votes in 2012, and 365 Electoral Votes in 2008. Bill Clinton received 370 in 1996.
    I'm watching as well.

Leaks are real but they are fake news. What is he talking about? This is such a convoluted mess.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    "Nobody mentions that Hillary was provided with questions for the debates. NOBODY mentions is."

Ummmmmmm .. wake up, you senile old fucker.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Now he's plugging "Fox & Friends."

And talking about what network gets good ratings.

WHAT THE FUCK?!?!

I agree that the press is manipulative. But, just as much manipulation is coming from the Conservative press.

Like, all this shit I'm seeing tweeted about THIS.

Google it: 800 hits, but NONE from mainstream reporting, and ALL from those typical right-wing nutcase sources. So, is the "truth" being hidden? Or, is it just a bunch of shit? I tried researching it, tried finding out, and there is no unbiased source, no source other than what I consider to be biased right reports, saying anything about this. Not even Al Jazeera, nothing.
    Last edited by allegro; 02-16-2017 at 12:50 PM.