Page 34 of 137 FirstFirst ... 24 32 33 34 35 36 44 84 134 ... LastLast
Results 991 to 1,020 of 4090

Thread: Trump 2017: Year Zero

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    I have to stop reading US news for a while. It's just too much non-sense.

From Session wanting to double down on the failed war on drugs to the new Executive Order on Freedom of Religion basically allowing all forms of discrimination under the guise of religion beliefs, I'm just sympathizing with you for the shitty 4 years ahead.
    At this point, why not start a war with Iran ...

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    how they manage to twist the shit out of the usa is flabbergasting

and depressing

Mentioned
    24 Post(s)
    I'm trying to remain optimistic that the ultimate victim of this will be the Republican party more than, well, everybody else. This is affecting me personally, and I really shouldn't let it. The majority of my family voted for him, and there was ample reason to do so from their perspective. And even if, at the end of all this, they stand by their choice I will still love them.

Mentioned
    52 Post(s)
    I will study this dumb deal!

Mentioned
    43 Post(s)

Mentioned
    711 Post(s)
    I usually dislike the Chicago Tribune columnist John Kass, but his column today is pretty good, I think:

Supreme Court fight: Elections, consequences

Mentioned
    711 Post(s)
    Regarding said SCOTUS appointee:

In 1992, with a Republican president and a Democratic Senate, Judiciary Chairman Biden said that “once the political season is underway, and it is, action on a Supreme Court nomination must be put off until after the election campaign is over. That is what is fair to the nominee and essential to the process.”

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Innnnnnnnteresting. Given the circumstances, even as a staunch Biden supporter, I wonder about the authenticity of his 2016 claim that the 1992 speech was being "misinterpreted". Granted, it's always possible that people twist words. And people can certainly change their views on things over the course of 24 years. But, given the context under which the two viewpoints were made, it certainly seems plausible that it was political self-interest that was being expressed each time. Frankly, I just don't know what to believe in this case - not that it matters, I suppose.

Mentioned
    711 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Innnnnnnnteresting. Given the circumstances, even as a staunch Biden supporter, I wonder about the authenticity of his 2016 claim that the 1992 speech was being "misinterpreted". Granted, it's always possible that people twist words. And people can certainly change their views on things over the course of 24 years. But, given the context under which the two viewpoints were made, it certainly seems plausible that it was political self-interest that was being expressed each time. Frankly, I just don't know what to believe in this case - not that it matters, I suppose.
    His speech (video), the whole thing, is right there on the CSPAN video on that page, he was the Chairman of the Senate Judiary Committee for many years, I don't see how his speech and actions could possibly be misinterpreted even when the whole speech is there and knowing the context. Ain't no word-twisting, it was just the Dems using the same tactics that the Republicans later used.

Each time the Dems pull something for their own benefit ("going nuclear") they are "surprised" when the Republicans use the same tactic or utilize the loophole that the Dems created. They need to stop creating this precedent.
    Last edited by allegro; 02-03-2017 at 12:32 AM.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Well... Today has been a nightmare and a half... Mistakenly accusing Iran of attacks, and ending the statement with a threat... Protecting the tax exempt status for politically outspoken churches... Threats to UC Berkely for cancelling Milo's appearance... Can he please take a vacation already?

Mentioned
    711 Post(s)
    I follow Pete Souza (former WH photographer) on Instagram and WOW this made me cry:

https://instagram.com/p/BP59BXuhFiT/

Bring back Obama, waaaaaaaaaahhhhhh

Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    I thought Trump said he was going to focus on America and not get involved in foreign wars? Now Bannon is talking about inevitable war?
    https://qz.com/900919/trump-adviser-...uth-china-sea/

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    but hey, let's piss off Australia while we're at it!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.5401316bdff2

Donald Trump just told Australia "You're fired!"
    Last edited by Jinsai; 02-03-2017 at 01:26 AM.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Where are the Lee Harvey Oswalds of the world?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    HAHAHA, did you guys catch the part where I guess Trump threatened the President of Mexico that he'd send the military down his way to take care of the "bad hombres"? Good stuff.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Aladdinsanity View Post
    HAHAHA, did you guys catch the part where I guess Trump threatened the President of Mexico that he'd send the military down his way to take care of the "bad hombres"? Good stuff.
    shit.... just... HOW is anyone ok with what is happening?

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Threats to UC Berkely for cancelling Milo's appearance...
    Milo should not be speaking at universities... getting protested to the point of his speaking engagements getting cancelled is actually a pivotal facet to his whole spiel. He gets paid a shit-ton of money regardless on top of stealing from others under the guise of a college fund (the so-called "Privilege Grant"). Part of me wonders of he's actually disappointed when the protests aren't enough to keep him from carrying out his appearances.

There's a conspiracy going around that he actually put in place paid agitators to turn the protest violent (it was non-violent for HOURS beforehand). I don't actually believe this myself, but it most certainly wouldn't be out of character for him to do so.
    \_(ツ)_/

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Milo should not be speaking at universities... getting protested to the point of his speaking engagements getting cancelled is actually a pivotal facet to his whole spiel. He gets paid a shit-ton of money regardless on top of stealing from others under the guise of a college fund (the so-called "Privilege Grant"). Part of me wonders of he's actually disappointed when the protests aren't enough to keep him from carrying out his appearances.

There's a conspiracy going around that he actually put in place paid agitators to turn the protest violent (it was non-violent for HOURS beforehand). I don't actually believe this myself, but it most certainly wouldn't be out of character for him to do so.
    \_(ツ)_/
    Seems plausible... This guy is only showing up on my radar recently, but it seems like his whole shtick is to bait people into calling him an Uncle Tom, and then to rant against that to excuse his racist, sexist, narcissistic rhetoric. Unfortunately, that shell game works for Trump supporters desperate to point to their "gay" allegiance... and that plays into his hands, or whomever is pulling the strings behind how he's propped up.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Why do Universities even allow him to be scheduled if they know what he brings to their campuses? I'm pretty sure Berkely knew what they were getting into.

There's a conspiracy going around that he actually put in place paid agitators to turn the protest violent (it was non-violent for HOURS beforehand).
    I'll eat a brick if that's true. That's how much I think that's bullshit. I saw people get beat by flag poles, a man knocked unconscious and people attempt arson on businesses. It was pure hostility. UCPD dropped the ball big time sitting back and letting that crap happen.

Mentioned
    329 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Frozen Beach View Post
    I'll eat a brick if that's true. That's how much I think that's bullshit. I saw people get beat by flag poles, a man knocked unconscious and people attempt arson on businesses. It was pure hostility. UCPD dropped the ball big time sitting back and letting that crap happen.
    We're living through a new version of fascism... new violence seems plausible. Also, I'm sure there's a bunch of Breitbart-reading Trump supporters who would love to don a mask and punch a snowflake. It's not that outlandish.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    but hey, let's piss off Australia while we're at it!

https://www.washingtonpost.com/world...=.5401316bdff2

Donald Trump just told Australia "You're fired!"
    Our current government is shithouse and full of Trump wannabes so they deserve each other tbh. Our past few governments have (literally, per the UN and Amnesty International) tortured these asylum seekers. There wouldn't have to be a "dumb deal" if the xenophobic fuckheads would own up to their mistakes and let the innocent people they've abused for political gain settle here.

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Milo should not be speaking at universities...
    Maybe it's just me, but university should be place for dialogue and diverse opinions, no matter how much you might disagree with them. Those people rioting against him are clueless

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by telee.kom View Post
    Maybe it's just me, but university should be place for dialogue and diverse opinions, no matter how much you might disagree with them. Those people rioting against him are clueless
    Maybe it's just me, but no place in the world should be a place for a lecture promoting racism and sexism, and that's literally his agenda. Not some thinly veiled, "oh maybe if you twist his words" kind of thing. He was permanently banned from twitter for literally inciting racist and sexist attacks against someone. He publishes articles on subjects like "why there should be fewer women in science". His opinions have no place in decent society.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    His speech (video), the whole thing, is right there on the CSPAN video on that page, he was the Chairman of the Senate Judiary Committee for many years, I don't see how his speech and actions could possibly be misinterpreted even when the whole speech is there and knowing the context. Ain't no word-twisting, it was just the Dems using the same tactics that the Republicans later used.

Each time the Dems pull something for their own benefit ("going nuclear") they are "surprised" when the Republicans use the same tactic or utilize the loophole that the Dems created. They need to stop creating this precedent.
    Ah, I had just closed the video when it started - figured it was one of those annoying "watch it here or read it below" things. Didn't realize it was the whole speech.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Mattis warns North Korea of "overwhelming" response to nuclear use.

So basically there are now three countries on notice: China, Iran and North Korea ... oh Russia too

Nikki Haley criticizes Russia over Crimea

Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Maybe it's just me, but no place in the world should be a place for a lecture promoting racism and sexism, and that's literally his agenda. Not some thinly veiled, "oh maybe if you twist his words" kind of thing. He was permanently banned from twitter for literally inciting racist and sexist attacks against someone. He publishes articles on subjects like "why there should be fewer women in science". His opinions have no place in decent society.
    And I suppose you should be the judge of what opinions are acceptable in society right? How about we let each individual to decide whether they want to hear what he has to say or not. And what kind of argument is that he was banned from twitter lol?

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    It's utterly bizarre to me how the narrative of "outspoken conservative silenced for having differing opinions" has gained so much uncritical traction. I guess "Guy Who Rips Off Employees, Defrauds Fans, Writes Defamatory Articles About Random People He Disagrees With On Twitter, Plagiarises Tori Amos Lyrics And Cosplays In Nazi Regalia Gets Shown The Door" doesn't have quite the same ring to it as "PC GONE MAD!!!!! PT. 25838229"...

Mentioned
    16 Post(s)
    And I suppose you should be the judge of what opinions are acceptable in society right? How about we let each individual to decide whether they want to hear what he has to say or not. And what kind of argument is that he was banned from twitter lol?
    You fight fascism with more fascism haven't you heard? Free speech has no place in a free speech society, unless the fascist left agrees with it.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    This evil lying bitch: http://www.npr.org/sections/thetwo-w...m_term=nprnews

Good news is it led to this, which put a smile on my face:

https://www.bowlinggreenmassacrefund.com/
    Last edited by Swykk; 02-03-2017 at 11:05 AM.

Mentioned
    47 Post(s)
    I suppose the entire human race should endeavor to treat each other respectfully and not systematically repress people based on the color of their skin and whether or not they have a penis, yes. And the Twitter comment was simply a reference or source; something people cite when making evidence-based claims instead of just shouting at people and making fun of them. But I can see that compassion and rational thought are wasted in this instance.