Page 33 of 147 FirstFirst ... 23 31 32 33 34 35 43 83 133 ... LastLast

Thread: Trump 2017: Year Zero

Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    @Volband I talked to @allegro about it because I think she misunderstood me. The only time I talk to you is when you're trying to spread your thread cancer and to warn others of your stupid game and that you add nothing to ETS.

It's very Trump (childish) of you to spell our names wrong. Fuck off, troll.

Mentioned
    66 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    @Volband I talked to @allegro about it because I think she misunderstood me. The only time I talk to you is when you're trying to spread your thread cancer and to warn others of your stupid game and that you add nothing to ETS.

It's very Trump (childish) of you to spell our names wrong. Fuck off, troll.
    What if I told you it wasn't intentional? Told you to spare me from your bipolar bullshit; so typical, you think everything is about and against you. Like, you really think after saying straight to you what I think about you, I'm gonna devise a plan to switch out one letter in your name, and not just me - the guy who never even realized Trump's wife is MelaniA and not -E - making a spelling accident.

Jesus, the hatred in your heart has consumed you. I could donate a million bucks to some cancer fund, and you'd just reach the conclusion that I must be showing off with my money.

And who is the troll? 80% of these long-winded shit throwing contests happen because you think everyone else is as mentally handicapped as you are, and they can not decide on their own whether they want to interact with me or not, and when they do, you think they are incapable of sorting out their own thoughts. Who the fuck asked you in any of those occasions? You pour gasoline to the fire and think the result proves your point. Well, it only proves you rather derail the threads, because you have a personal grudge which is fueled by your extreme self-esteem issues.

Dude, I still remember the day you declared me as your number 1 enemy. Others might think I kicked you a 100 different ways, but in reality, we exchanged like two long, rather civil posts (compared to these, anyway), but you disagreed with me so much that you said you don't want to listen to me anymore. This has been at least 2 (!!!) years and you are still fixated on me. You do realize it is not healthy, and a happy person wouldn't give a flying cactus, right?

We will be the most dysfunctional superhero pairing ever. What'cha say? Don't even bother, "hurr durr, very funny, troll troll, nice game Satan, hurr durr, you think you got me, but you didn't, because i got you! boom, troll down! I am a confident, beautiful and valuable person [x5]." You know, my friend, Swykk, I think we should get to know each other, like a (couples?) therapy. We should start a PM-session. Maybe it would help understand each other! Everyone would win: us, the bystanders, the admins, Trent.

XOXO
    Peter

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    On the same day Trump rolled back regulations that will allow Wall Street to manipulate retirement funds, this happened:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.2074cfa237af

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    reading insane clown president by matt taibbi and really enjoying it not as good as fear and loathing on the campaign trail, imo, but trying to do anything like HST and you are going to fall short, very good read I recommend
    -louie

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    Also, what the fuck, 13 shows? Aren't you around ~50? Sure, that would make you 30/40 at the time
    I was in high school at the same time as Trent Reznor, so technically he and I are contemporaries. In 2005, he was on tour, and I was in the audience. I don't see any significance in that.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by onthewall2983 View Post
    How long before that can happen?
    @allegro can probably answer that question. Maybe SCOTUS can convene an emergency hearing?
    This order is a legit mess all across the board. The sooner someone set the record straight the better it is for everyone.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    On the same day Trump rolled back regulations that will allow Wall Street to manipulate retirement funds, this happened:

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/...=.2074cfa237af
    That's REALLY disturbing. All this hiding of information is crazy shit. I hope all of this will pile up to equal huge incentive to fire his ass, as well as all of his sycophantic friends, via voting.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Deepvoid View Post
    @allegro can probably answer that question. Maybe SCOTUS can convene an emergency hearing?
    This order is a legit mess all across the board. The sooner someone set the record straight the better it is for everyone.
    I think that will be necessary. The Executive branch is SUPPOSED to support the Judicial branch; without that support, the Judicial branch becomes totally powerless. Trump not enforcing Judicial decisions is, technically, a Constitutional crisis.

See Marbury v. Madison.

See Hamilton, "The Federalist Papers" #78:

Whoever attentively considers the different departments of power must perceive, that, in a government in which they are separated from each other, the judiciary, from the nature of its functions, will always be the least dangerous to the political rights of the Constitution; because it will be least in a capacity to annoy or injure them. The Executive not only dispenses the honors, but holds the sword of the community. The legislature not only commands the purse, but prescribes the rules by which the duties and rights of every citizen are to be regulated. The judiciary, on the contrary, has no influence over either the sword or the purse; no direction either of the strength or of the wealth of the society; and can take no active resolution whatever. It may truly be said to have neither FORCE nor WILL, but merely judgment; and must ultimately depend upon the aid of the executive arm even for the efficacy of its judgments.

This simple view of the matter suggests several important consequences. It proves incontestably, that the judiciary is beyond comparison the weakest of the three departments of power1; that it can never attack with success either of the other two; and that all possible care is requisite to enable it to defend itself against their attacks. It equally proves, that though individual oppression may now and then proceed from the courts of justice, the general liberty of the people can never be endangered from that quarter; I mean so long as the judiciary remains truly distinct from both the legislature and the Executive. For I agree, that "there is no liberty, if the power of judging be not separated from the legislative and executive powers." And it proves, in the last place, that as liberty can have nothing to fear from the judiciary alone, but would have every thing to fear from its union with either of the other departments; that as all the effects of such a union must ensue from a dependence of the former on the latter, notwithstanding a nominal and apparent separation; that as, from the natural feebleness of the judiciary, it is in continual jeopardy of being overpowered, awed, or influenced by its co-ordinate branches; and that as nothing can contribute so much to its firmness and independence as permanency in office, this quality may therefore be justly regarded as an indispensable ingredient in its constitution, and, in a great measure, as the citadel of the public justice and the public security.
    Last edited by allegro; 02-04-2017 at 12:04 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Volband View Post
    a happy person wouldn't give a flying cactus, right?
    What? What the actual fuck are you trying to.... Just... WHAT?!

Quote Originally Posted by Sutekh View Post
    Ps jinsai you lived in England?! I reckon Milton Keynes or reading
    a town called Bishop's Waltham.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 02-04-2017 at 03:37 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    The most important call you'll ever make?
    https://instagram.com/p/BQGUVXtAUc0/

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    The most important call you'll ever make?
    https://instagram.com/p/BQGUVXtAUc0/
    Called and left a message

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    Sorry if this has been posted here already. While the judge's order about suspending the implementation of the ban was a big step, I'd say that this is the first sign that Trump won't be able to get away with whatever he wants.

"America began allowing foreigners from seven predominantly Muslim nations into its borders Saturday after the government stopped enforcing President Donald Trump's travel ban at airports"

http://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/judge-halts-trump-travel-ban-banned-countries-citizens-able-board-n716801

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hellospaceboy View Post
    Sorry if this has been posted here already. While the judge's order about suspending the implementation of the ban was a big step, I'd say that this is the first sign that Trump won't be able to get away with whatever he wants.
    Trump moves to insult and delegitimize the authority of the federal judge, calling Judge Robart a "so-called judge."

We'll see where this winds up...

Mentioned
    34 Post(s)
    ^^^
    Yes, we'll see.
    But for now, the Homeland Security conducts business as it did BEFORE the executive order! That's huge, and Trump's insult is going to get lost in the sea of 1000 other insults coming out of his mouth (or phone) on a daily basis.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    for some reason this made me laugh, it really shouldn't
    II don't know, Indiana still exists after 4 years of Pence.
    -louie

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    The so called judge remark is my favorite flub yet. My guess is trump doesn't understand checks and balances. You're the president, not the king, fuckface.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    i don't think trump understands much of anything
    -louie

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    From Trump's warped point of view, a REAL judge would mindlessly go along with everything he commands. Anyone who defies him MUST be a fake judge.

Mentioned
    234 Post(s)
    SNL finally does a Spicer bit. Lolll

Mentioned
    11 Post(s)
    Man, SNL is FUCKING gold right now. "One day I'm going to write a book about the struggle, and going to call it 'My Struggle'" HA HA

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sweeterthan View Post
    The so called judge remark is my favorite flub yet. My guess is trump doesn't understand checks and balances. You're the president, not the king, fuckface.
    This might be the clearest example yet of what scares me the most about this guy: he clearly believes - I mean really, truly, honestly believes - that he is a dictator, not a democratic leader. "So-called judge" isn't just a second grade playground bully insult that he childishly spat at someone on the internet; the actions that come with these statements are clear proof that he has absolutely no regard for checks and balances or a process in which anyone but himself has a say. He doesn't think he's President. He thinks he's Ruler.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    moving right along to kill the EPA: https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...ouse-bill/861/

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    moving right along to kill the EPA: https://www.congress.gov/bill/115th-...ouse-bill/861/
    Wait, seriously?

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    people do know you have a better chance of winning the powerball than being in a muslim led terror attack
    -louie

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    you have the right because you have a law degree from?, please don't say trump university, even though you're in court more than cameron diaz farts during a tonight show appearance
    -louie

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    people do know you have a better chance of winning the powerball than being in a muslim led terror attack
    -louie
    It's driving me mad that I can't find this link now, but there was a terrific article years ago examining the psychology behind how we view odds for things with positive outcomes vs negative outcomes. In other words, you could have the exact same odds for two drastically different things, and yet you'd feel like one of them was not entirely far-fetched while thinking that the other could never actually happen.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)

Mentioned
    12 Post(s)
    I don't care for Alec Baldwin's impersonation of Donald Trump. It feels like he tries too hard, a bit over exaggerated for my taste. Johnny Depp almost had it right, but not quite. I have a feeling Bruce Campbell could nail it.

Mentioned
    32 Post(s)
    Frankly, I don't think I could be amused by any impression of him at this point.