Page 142 of 147 FirstFirst ... 42 92 132 140 141 142 143 144 ... LastLast
Results 4,231 to 4,260 of 4404

Thread: Trump 2017: Year Zero

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    We never really found out WHY Romney was meeting with President Trump, then. It was assumed that he was sucking up for some insider job, but we never found out the real reason (and anything Trump says isn't to be trusted as truth).

Romney could have been in there telling Trump NOT to do certain things. Two really rich guys at dinner, one ordering the pâté prix fixe, the other ordering a bowl of Cheerios and a well-done cheeseburger and fries.

I haven't given up on Romney, yet; he's a fucking brilliant liberal genius compared to these current Republican bozos.
    probably where to spend the millions he's going to get from/tax reform/
    -luie

Mentioned
    90 Post(s)
    this is lovely. the wise & benevolent corporations. at least to pedophiles....

https://thinkprogress.org/corporate-...-cc9f837209e2/

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    Did we talk about this amazing WaPo article about the upcoming book from Trump's former campaign manager: https://www.washingtonpost.com/polit...=.5d3de3b311f3

Here's my two favorite parts...

Trump is described as flying on his helicopter when he learns that Manafort has said “Trump shouldn’t be on television anymore, that he shouldn’t be on the Sunday shows” and that Manafort should appear instead. Trump was angrier than Lewandowski had ever seen him, ordering the pilot to lower the altitude so he could make a cellphone call.

“Did you say I shouldn’t be on TV on Sunday? I’ll go on TV anytime I g--dam f---ing want and you won’t say another f---ing word about me!” Trump yelled at Manafort, according to Lewandowski. “Tone it down? I wanna turn it up! . . . You’re a political pro? Let me tell you something. I’m a pro at life. I’ve been around a time or two. I know guys like you, with your hair and skin . . .”
    One of Hicks’s jobs was to make sure that Trump’s suits were pressed when they flew on his plane.

“ ‘Get the machine!’ ” Trump would yell, according to the book. “And Hope would take out the steamer and start steaming Mr. Trump’s suit, while he was wearing it! She’d steam the jacket first and then sit in a chair in front of him and steam his pants.”
    Also, apparently he's a fast food addict and eats like a fucking pig.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    asshole's action will now become even more chaotic as Mueller gets big Subpoena:https://www.npr.org/2017/12/05/56856...rse-with-trump

-Louie
    :

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    i dont think people understand how serious it is that Trump is agreeing to move the Israel US embassy from Tel Aviv to Jeruselam. a bunch of right wing nutjobs are in control of Israel at the moment and think this is a good idea. Israel is going to be marred in eternal violence because of this, its basically a fuck you to the two state solution. Turkey wants to cut of relations with Israel because of it.

I was in Israel for a few months in 2002 during a really bad period of violence between about 2000-2005 called the second infitada, on a nearly daily basis there was a suicide bombing, buses being blown up, nightclubs being blown up, restruants being blown up, hospitals being blown up, thousands of Israeli civillians died. Jewish people fron England and America were too scared to go to Israel, so they built a wall.

and it started for a much smaller reason, the right wing leader at the time Ariel Sharon visited a holy site that the Palestinians found offensive, but this is a bigger move.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    If Trump runs in 2020 he is going to win. Anyone want to bet otherwise?

We aren't even 25% through his first term yet. Think about that.
    I doubt we will even exist before 2020.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)

not if Bernie sanders runs, trumps team knows they would have lost against him, however he will be 80 too old to be a president, so I don't know. maybe someone from his team can run?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Exocet View Post
    not if Bernie sanders runs, trumps team knows they would have lost against him, however he will be 80 too old to be a president, so I don't know. maybe someone from his team can run?
    Bernie Sanders would never and will never win the Electoral College. Even if he'd have been the Dem pick instead of Hillary, he'd have lost, because Congress is the Electorate, and they were going to pick Trump no matter what the popular vote ended up being. Bernie is deeply unpopular on Capitol Hill.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    If Trump runs in 2020 he is going to win. Anyone want to bet otherwise?.
    i'll take that bet, if we're still around

i actually mean it though. Put it in a third party holder. If trump is re-elected I'm gonna be trying not to eat a bullet, so giving you my money would be at the bottom of my concern list
    Last edited by Jinsai; 12-06-2017 at 07:01 AM.

Mentioned
    87 Post(s)
    For the 2020 election, my money's on Kanye.

Mentioned
    77 Post(s)
    We're all gonna get the Zucc

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    I doubt we will even exist before 2020.
    Do you mean in a nuclear winter kind of way or more of a United States government meltdown?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

Oh, no question about it. By 2020 we'll be at war with someone, everybody who isn't a staunch uber-liberal will be scared shitless that having a new president during the middle of a war will doom the whole planet, and they'll vote for Cheetolini again.

Meanwhile, who does the left have to offer right now? Politics is hardly about actual ideas. It's about fame and name recognition, and there is no one who could stand out in a crowd. So the primary will be a bunch of people, none of whom will get an overwhelming majority of votes, and the party will be left with a candidate who most of them feel sort of "meh" about.

I'll be more surprised than not if someone other than this walking gas bag is in office come January '21.

Mentioned
    31 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    Oh, no question about it. By 2020 we'll be at war with someone, everybody who isn't a staunch uber-liberal will be scared shitless that having a new president during the middle of a war will doom the whole planet, and they'll vote for Cheetolini again.

Meanwhile, who does the left have to offer right now? Politics is hardly about actual ideas. It's about fame and name recognition, and there is no one who could stand out in a crowd. So the primary will be a bunch of people, none of whom will get an overwhelming majority of votes, and the party will be left with a candidate who most of them feel sort of "meh" about.

I'll be more surprised than not if someone other than this walking gas bag is in office come January '21.
    To be honest though, I'm sure I'm not the only one who had never heard of Obama until he started doing well in the Primaries.

There's hope yet.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    I sometimes wonder why I still check this thread. It's always so devoid of any hope, sure, the world is pretty bad right now, but it used to be a lot worse.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    So are we gonna see the Third Intifada?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by eskimo View Post
    To be honest though, I'm sure I'm not the only one who had never heard of Obama until he started doing well in the Primaries.

There's hope yet.
    Obama picked up a lot of steam for two reasons: 1) he was (and is) a solid public speaker. Even if he wasn't saying much of anything, the way he said was always measured, smooth, and not a single "uh, um, er" to derail it. And 2) skin color had a lot to do with it. A lot of folks of all colors and ethnicities had this bizarre hope that with a non-white president, racism would suddenly become a thing of the past.

Many of Obama's policies weren't popular, and I don't mean that to say they were bad or poor policies, just that being unpopular made them a target, and it contributed a lot to the flip from Democrat to Republican majority of Congress in his second term. They ran Obama on hope and change and not enough on actual doable policies, legislatively thinking. Then they thought they could get away with it again for Hilary, and, well, here we are.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    I sometimes wonder why I still check this thread. It's always so devoid of any hope, sure, the world is pretty bad right now, but it used to be a lot worse.
    The Supreme Court is on the verge of ruling that business owners can legally discriminate against you for being gay, the president is leading an attack on a free press, the poor are being robbed to pad the pockets of those who are already obscenely wealthy, and Trump's repeated attacks on minorities of all kinds have led to an uptick in hate crimes.

I mean, great, women can vote and we're not segregating restaurants based on skin color anymore. But frankly, I feel like we're going downhill fast.

Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    The Supreme Court is on the verge of ruling that business owners can legally discriminate against you for being gay, the president is leading an attack on a free press, the poor are being robbed to pad the pockets of those who are already obscenely wealthy, and Trump's repeated attacks on minorities of all kinds have led to an uptick in hate crimes.

I mean, great, women can vote and we're not segregating restaurants based on skin color anymore. But frankly, I feel like we're going downhill fast.
    I still maintain that pre 1970's America is way worse then Current America

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Dryalex12 View Post
    I still maintain that pre 1970's America is way worse then Current America
    That's not saying much.

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    the lines between parties are starting to blur:

http://thehill.com/blogs/blog-briefi...sraels-capital

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Do you mean in a nuclear winter kind of way or more of a United States government meltdown?
    Nuclear.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    Did you see Trump's speech the other day? Does having dry mouth really make you sound like you had a stroke?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RhettButler View Post
    Did you see Trump's speech the other day? Does having dry mouth really make you sound like you had a stroke?
    No idea what you're talking about (apparently I missed some headlines). But to answer your question, I've had extreme dry mouth (as in working outside in the desert for 14 hours a day, seven days a week) and not sounded like I had a stroke...it hurts more to talk, but I still sounded normal, if a little hoarse.

Mentioned
    82 Post(s)
    No idea what you're talking about (apparently I missed some headlines). But to answer your question, I've had extreme dry mouth (as in working outside in the desert for 14 hours a day, seven days a week) and not sounded like I had a stroke...it hurts more to talk, but I still sounded normal, if a little hoarse.
    http://www.cnn.com/2017/12/06/health...-bn/index.html

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Huh. Can't really chime in - I can't listen to him speak. I can read transcripts, but my heart rate goes up (I'm not exaggerating) when I hear that child's voice. So what I'm gathering is some armchair quarterbacks (albeit, medically trained ones) are saying that he was really slurring, and the White House is saying that he just needed a drink of water? Skeptical as I am about anyone making a medical diagnosis without an actual examination, I'm even more skeptical of the claim that someone with his ego would allow himself to continue slurring his speech if all he needed to do was take a sip of water. Eh, whatever. I couldn't care less about this one. Even if the man does have medical issues, it's not going to stop him from keeping the oval.

Mentioned
    120 Post(s)
    I thought it was pretty obvious that his dentures had loosened & he was trying to make it through the speech. Now I don't believe he ever admitted to having dentures, but those mouth movements & sounds certainly look like what you see from someone with dentures.

Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Will he fire Mueller? Is that a form of master persuasion?

Mentioned
    22 Post(s)
    he seems to be putting Israel first rather than America first, because he is isolating America from its closest allies,...UK and France and Germany are Americas closest allies...(Israeal is a vassal state not an ally)...not to mention all of the arab world....they all think America is insane,
    it all looks really bad.

he is also alienating his white supremacist Neo Nazi crowd.
    Last edited by Exocet; 12-08-2017 at 06:01 PM.