Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    did you just (basically) retweet:

"I'm a straight white male

retweet this to trigger queers!"

?

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Aside from that 1st tweet, none of what you've posted is "anti" white male. What they're saying is Trump and his admin favor straight racist white males (more accurately not reflected there--rich racist straight white dudes).
    Last edited by Swykk; 09-08-2017 at 07:21 AM.

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Seriously, you could not have posted something more fucking damning to your own tone-deaf solipsistic bullshit than that screen grab @Madmya

I'm a straight white male, go fuck yourself.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Swykk View Post
    Aside from that 1st tweet, none of what you've posted is "anti" white male. What they're saying is Trump and his admin favor straight racist white males (more accurately not reflected there--rich racist straight white dudes).
    That's part of it. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, I'm just saying this is who the alt-right are resisting. They see an overweight, balding hipster holding a cat (possibly Jinsai) frothing about maths being racist/sexist and they call him a cuck. They see any male crying about white male privilege and they call him a cuck.

Are we happy? Getting labelled a cuck is not about someone voting for a chick.

P.S. That is just the first page of the "top" responses. By all means, go do the search yourself and click "latest". All sorts. The term gets mentioned very often.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    So let's recap: The dumbest and most evil among us see a non-existent bias when they themselves could read a book, progress, recognize that being a dumbass white racist dude doesn't work out these days and the real problem is looking them in mirror. They don't have the money and power Trump does to get away with acting like a spoiled toddler that can afford a subservient bride.

It's not a real issue. There IS no oppression against straight white guys (just as there's no such thing as alt-left). I'll step out on a limb and say, yeah, it's wrong. Additionally, there's no quicker way of knowing you've won an argument than when one of these knuckle draggers calls you a "cuck." "I HEARD GAVIN MCINNES/PAUL JOSEPH WATSON/PEPE USE A BUZZ WORD THAT I DONT REALLY GRASP NOR IS IT FUNNY OR ACCURATE BUT I AM A PART OF A MOVEMENT, I BELONG, CUZ I CANT GET A LADY TO TOUCH ME AND MY PREZ ENABLES ME TO BE MY TRUE DIPSHIT ASSHOLE SELF SO HERE WE ARE, CUCK!"

And dude, stop trying to qualify and push it off like "I'm just the messenger." Your message sucks and has no basis in reality. Moreover, you should own it.

I'll say it again--I thought you said you were done with this thread.
    Last edited by Swykk; 09-08-2017 at 09:01 AM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Saved me from having to type it. Thanks!

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmya View Post
    They see an overweight, balding hipster holding a cat (possibly Jinsai) frothing about maths being racist/sexist and they call him a cuck.
    Is it photo comparison time you fucking dick? I'm not fat or balding, and I don't own a cat!

Though I don't see it would be a problem if I did... Nice way to take the argument to the next intellectually prosperous point though. You are the worst troll ever. Can we just ban this fuck already?

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Can we please just ignore the Australian advising us about American shit and MOVE ON before the Admins lock this fucking thread? Who gives a shit what "cuck" means? Or who's allegedly upset with white males? It's stupid, let's move on? Jesus Christ. It doesn't take much prompting to get you guys all worked up. (Eye roll)

Anyway...

Sanders ripped Betsy DeVos a new one re her latest proposal:

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3...witch=standard

DeVos, meanwhile, says that while the law had good intentions, it is "not enough" to solve the problem (of campus sexual assaults).

So, there's no replacement? I'm confused.
    Last edited by allegro; 09-08-2017 at 09:50 AM.

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    It's Betsy Davos... there's no reason to be confused. We're living in bizarr-o world, where everything is a dog whistle. Now the Trump administration is trying to second-hand pardon the sons of rich rapists, or at least make it easier to do so. We need those votes!

As his rational support margin wanes, what depths will this go to?

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    Can we please just ignore the Australian advising us about American shit and MOVE ON before the Admins lock this fucking thread? Who gives a shit what "cuck" means? Or who's allegedly upset with white males? It's stupid, let's move on? Jesus Christ. It doesn't take much prompting to get you guys all worked up. (Eye roll)

Anyway...

Sanders ripped Betsy DeVos a new one re her latest proposal:

http://thehill.com/homenews/senate/3...witch=standard

DeVos, meanwhile, says that while the law had good intentions, it is "not enough" to solve the problem (of campus sexual assaults).

So, there's no replacement? I'm confused.
    After all the times the Republicans have tried to repeal Obamacare without a replacement, you're confused? :P

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    After all the times the Republicans have tried to repeal Obamacare without a replacement, you're confused? :P
    But no they DID have replacements. They were shitty ones that nobody liked, but they at least HAD proposed replacements.

DeVos is just saying "this isn't enough, yank" and that's that.

Congress did not repeal the ACA with no replacement; it is still standing.

I'm genuinely confused about her strategy; saying "well, what do you expect?" isn't a discussion, it's dismissive and, to me, it doesn't make any expectations about her responsibilities.

Re pardons: Prior Presidents have pardoned or commuted the sentences of friends, etc.

Bill Clinton's Marc Rich comes to mind (that was baffling):
    http://www.chicagotribune.com/sns-cl...sis-story.html
    Last edited by allegro; 09-08-2017 at 11:08 AM.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Olay so there IS a strategy (ugh it's HuffPo but it has the most info in one place, ignore the interpretation):

http://m.huffpost.com/us/entry/us_59...b0dfaafcf5dfeb

During her 20-minute speech, DeVos called the current campus reporting process a “failed system” that is “increasingly elaborate and confusing.”

DeVos also announced two new approaches to the campus sexual violence reporting process that the Department of Education is exploring. The first is that the Department “will launch a transparent notice and comment process to incorporate the insights of all parties,” including feedback from the public and educational institutions.

“No one benefits from a system that does not have the public’s trust,” DeVos said, referring to the current Title IX system.

The second approach DeVos announced on Thursday is that the department will implement a regional reporting center model. The model would allow universities and colleges to opt in to local reporting centers that would partner with state attorneys general and law enforcement to ensure the reporting process runs fairly.

The Secretary of Education repeatedly discussed the rights of not only survivors of sexual assault, but also those who have been “wrongly accused” of sexual misconduct.

She allotted most of her speech to anecdotes about how the current Title IX system has failed survivors and those wrongly accused.

“One rape is one too many, one assault is one too many, one aggressive act of harassment is one too many, one person denied due process is one too many,” DeVos told the crowd at George Mason. “This conversation may be uncomfortable, but we must have it. It is our moral obligation to get it right.”
    As much as it pains me to say this, she's right about the current system being insufficient for the victims and the accused. There is currently no due process for the accused in many of these institutions; if you're accused, a few people on a college board determine your fate, without any criminal investigation or forensics. The system has to be fair and implemented properly or it fails everyone.

Mentioned
    281 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmya View Post
    That's part of it. I'm not saying it's right or wrong, I'm just saying this is who the alt-right are resisting. They see an overweight, balding hipster holding a cat (possibly Jinsai) frothing about maths being racist/sexist and they call him a cuck. They see any male crying about white male privilege and they call him a cuck.

Are we happy? Getting labelled a cuck is not about someone voting for a chick.

P.S. That is just the first page of the "top" responses. By all means, go do the search yourself and click "latest". All sorts. The term gets mentioned very often.
    Alright, you're done.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Is it photo comparison time you fucking dick? I'm not fat or balding, and I don't own a cat!

Though I don't see it would be a problem if I did... Nice way to take the argument to the next intellectually prosperous point though. You are the worst troll ever. Can we just ban this fuck already?
    name calling does not win a debate only proves you don't have an intelligent counter
    -Louie

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Well that was fun

Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    As much as it pains me to say this, she's right about the current system being insufficient for the victims and the accused. There is currently no due process for the accused in many of these institutions; if you're accused, a few people on a college board determine your fate, without any criminal investigation or forensics. The system has to be fair and implemented properly or it fails everyone.
    I was making this exact same argument about the recent internet censorship of the white supremacist sites. A bunch of normally rational people accused me of being supportive of nazis and shit. Nobody ever gives a shit about a fair system if its hurting someone they dislike :/

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    There's no question, of course, that many women have falsely accused men of rape. We know that.

Rolling back this protection is not an earnest effort to "solve" that though. It's exactly what it looks like.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    had a very long in-depth discussion with someone who knows a lot about titles ix last night pro's and con's to much to type and try to explain without looking the fool so I'll leave it at that
    -Louie

Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    Welp. Pretty sure we are going to need to dedicate a thread to the 9/12 dumpster fire that is Hillary's book. There is too much insane shit to cover in a short period, plus it's almost certainly going to be prolonged into damaging the midterms.

I can't believe she is so self centered that she lays blame on Bernie for her loss ... completely ignoring the fact that she sabotaged his chances and he still backed her.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Welp. Pretty sure we are going to need to dedicate a thread to the 9/12 dumpster fire that is Hillary's book. There is too much insane shit to cover in a short period, plus it's almost certainly going to be prolonged into damaging the midterms.

I can't believe she is so self centered that she lays blame on Bernie for her loss ... completely ignoring the fact that she sabotaged his chances and he still backed her.
    There's already a literature thread. Feel free to post there. She has nothing to do with the current administration, so I don't see why it would be a topic of discussion here.

Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    News. Politics. Headlines. Plenty of current political players and methods. It's totally going in this subforum.

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    Yes, people who skew right are really hoping Clinton's book maintains a divide between Bernie supporters and the DNC, and they're sure it's going to totally effect the mid terms into republican favor.

Meanwhile, idgaf, I've got better things to read.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    News. Politics. Headlines. Plenty of current political players and methods. It's totally going in this subforum.
    This thread is literally about the current White House administration. Still don't see why a book about Clinton is even being discussed here. The election had a thread. The election is over. This is about the present and future.

Mentioned
    30 Post(s)
    i believe they will run her again or hillary light Nancy will is why I no longer will donate to the Dem party my vote yes my money no
    -Louie

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)

I mostly agree. It's sad that she's essentially learned nothing but it isn't surprising, really. I don't think it's worth an entire thread, though. She and her toadies in the DNC fucked over the guy that possibly (we will never know for sure) could've defeated Trump but was MOS DEF the better candidate. It's as if she's ignoring the part where they got caught although before it officially came out, who DIDN'T know that's what was happening?!! Just look at the BS superdelegate nonsense but I commented on all of this pages upon pages ago.

She wasn't the right person but I voted for her because she was better than Trump. I feel no differently now with her sour grapes book than I did before.

Mentioned
    162 Post(s)

Trump 2017: Year Zero

Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    Yes, people who skew right are really hoping Clinton's book maintains a divide between Bernie supporters and the DNC, and they're sure it's going to totally effect the mid terms into republican favor.

Meanwhile, idgaf, I've got better things to read.
    And those who skew left have an interest in pretending Hillary doesn't exist anymore. Meanwhile, she was on TV this morning saying how she will be remaining active in politics. Also, I think she represents so much of the issues within the Dem party. Ex: The DNC is still fucked up.

Also, holy shit she is on TV 9mo later on the verge of crying about losing. This is the same person the Dems were propping up as a super strong female leader. Have we learned to stop forcing fake identity politics? lol fuck no. Dems will gladly sell fake candidates to the demand for identity politics.

Edit: and let's not ignore the fact that Hillary is giving more attention to swing states during her book tour than she did during her campaign. This is indicative of how Dems run a campaign and those people didn't vanish with Hillary.

Here she is from today. This shit is insane.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tteLMfFDCb4

Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    This thread is literally about the current White House administration. Still don't see why a book about Clinton is even being discussed here. The election had a thread. The election is over. This is about the present and future.
    This thread gets like 90% of political topics, many having less to do with the current administration than this topic. But don't worry, I literally opened with "we are going to need a new thread" and her book is 2 days away.

But I'm happy to connect it back to Trump if you really want. In her TV appearance today she accused Trump of stalking her on stage, how she had to practice for that moment and had to restrain herself from lashing out at him. .... he was fucking standing at his podium while she walked in front of it....
    Last edited by DigitalChaos; 09-10-2017 at 02:50 PM.

Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    I mostly agree. It's sad that she's essentially learned nothing but it isn't surprising, really. I don't think it's worth an entire thread, though. She and her toadies in the DNC fucked over the guy that possibly (we will never know for sure) could've defeated Trump but was MOS DEF the better candidate. It's as if she's ignoring the part where they got caught although before it officially came out, who DIDN'T know that's what was happening?!! Just look at the BS superdelegate nonsense but I commented on all of this pages upon pages ago.

She wasn't the right person but I voted for her because she was better than Trump. I feel no differently now with her sour grapes book than I did before.
    Thing is, many of the Hillary issues extend well within the active Dem machine. And that machine also hasn't learned, as you point out. Hopefully the DNC lawsuit wraps up soon. But who knows.

As for discussion location, I don't care where. But we already see the active "OMG DONT TALK ABOUT THAT HERE" brigade. And I can guarantee that it will become active talking points during the midterms, so it'll come up either way.

Mentioned
    162 Post(s)

Whatever your view, watch that interview from today and tell me she isn't going to have implications on the upcoming election cycle.

Mentioned
    162 Post(s)

Well shit. Lots of Hillary people are passing this one around. @theimage13 and @Jinsai

It's basically the points I made yesterday with a coating of "and if you disagree then you are just a misogynist trying to tell women to be quiet"

THE SILENCING OF HILLARY CLINTON

https://psmag.com/.amp/news/the-sile...illary-clinton

Mentioned
    331 Post(s)
    I have a lot of people who were Hillary supporters on my FB feed man... I haven't seen that.

NOBODY's talking about her now. She's done. She will never run again. Her future relevance is pretty much "well, she'll be around, in some political capacity." Republicans aren't worried about her challenging them for the White House again. The only ones who are seem to be the rabid tea party types, and the chances that they'd ever consider jumping ship are about as likely as I am to vote for Trump in 2020.

Those people are still obsessed with her emails, and even now, with the the sun setting on her career, desperately want to see her "locked up." There's something going on there, but Clinton's book isn't going to change a single fucking aspect of it.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 09-11-2017 at 11:07 PM.