Page 132 of 153 FirstFirst ... 32 82 122 130 131 132 133 134 142 ... LastLast
Results 3,931 to 3,960 of 4571

Thread: Trump 2017: Year Zero

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    Pretty much... too depressing on many levels to really fathom.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    He really hits the nail on the head in so many areas.

[Trump's] political career began in advocacy of birtherism, that modern recasting of the old American precept that black people are not fit to be citizens of the country they built. But long before birtherism, Trump had made his worldview clear. He fought to keep blacks out of his buildings, according to the U.S. government; called for the death penalty for the eventually exonerated Central Park Five; and railed against “lazy” black employees. “Black guys counting my money! I hate it,” Trump was once quoted as saying. “The only kind of people I want counting my money are short guys that wear yarmulkes every day.” After his cabal of conspiracy theorists forced Barack Obama to present his birth certificate, Trump demanded the president’s college grades (offering $5 million in exchange for them), insisting that Obama was not intelligent enough to have gone to an Ivy League school, and that his acclaimed memoir, Dreams From My Father, had been ghostwritten by a white man, Bill Ayers.

It is often said that Trump has no real ideology, which is not true—his ideology is white supremacy, in all its truculent and sanctimonious power. Trump inaugurated his campaign by casting himself as the defender of white maidenhood against Mexican “rapists,” only to be later alleged by multiple accusers, and by his own proud words, to be a sexual violator himself. White supremacy has always had a perverse sexual tint. Trump’s rise was shepherded by Steve Bannon, a man who mocks his white male critics as “cucks.” The word, derived from cuckold, is specifically meant to debase by fear and fantasy—the target is so weak that he would submit to the humiliation of having his white wife lie with black men. That the slur cuck casts white men as victims aligns with the dicta of whiteness, which seek to alchemize one’s profligate sins into virtue. So it was with Virginia slaveholders claiming that Britain sought to make slaves of them. So it was with marauding Klansmen organized against alleged rapes and other outrages. So it was with a candidate who called for a foreign power to hack his opponent’s email and who now, as president, is claiming to be the victim of “the single greatest witch hunt of a politician in American history.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    a couple of problems though... The insult cuck went on the rise after the primary appointment of Clinton... the idea insinuation seemed to be that any man who would vote for a woman is emasculated and a "beta"

Though the other inference makes sense too. It's also worth noting that while all the assertions in that first paragraph you quoted are almost certainly true, there's speculation and uncertainty as to whether or not trump ever said that quote about "black men counting his money." Since it's unprovable, it's unnecessary to make the larger point, which stands on its own regardless.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    a couple of problems though... The insult cuck went on the rise after the primary appointment of Clinton... the idea insinuation seemed to be that any man who would vote for a woman is emasculated and a "beta"

Though the other inference makes sense too. It's also worth noting that while all the assertions in that first paragraph you quoted are almost certainly true, there's speculation and uncertainty as to whether or not trump ever said that quote about "black men counting his money." Since it's unprovable, it's unnecessary to make the larger point, which stands on its own regardless.
    Cuckold mostly means "castrated." http://www.etymonline.com/index.php?term=cuckold

It's true that it doesn't help people's causes, any, by referencing third-party unconfirmed quotes. Lots of journalism these days isn't really journalism but is really a bunch of opinions. Especially from certain authors, this one obviously included.

I'm not sure that Trump is a "white supremacist" as much as he's an old rich man who's been living in the world of male white privilege for so long that he often just doesn't KNOW that what he thinks or feels could be interpreted as offensive; also, a lot of his rhetoric is designed to attract a certain type of voter that has been otherwise mostly untargeted since Nixon, without really being "for" that particular target but wanting their votes, nevertheless.

Like, H. Clinton and B. Sanders tried to target blacks and hispanics, even though Sanders has spent most of his life with a constituency of upper-class very-white gun-toting voters, and Clinton lives in this delusion that she's almost as black as any black person even though she's just really full of shit.
    Last edited by allegro; 09-07-2017 at 01:49 PM.

Mentioned
    45 Post(s)

There's got to be a pushback on this one, right? It's been the law for a long time.

Mentioned
    162 Post(s)
    You can phish anything out of these idiots.

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    You can phish anything out of these idiots.

At EMAILPRANKSTER.co.uk WTF

Mentioned
    732 Post(s)

There's got to be a pushback on this one, right? It's been the law for a long time.
    WHAT THE FUCK!?!?

Next:

* Kids will have to rake leaves and clean toilets during recess
    * Sex Ed to be taught by Bill Cosby
    * Free lunches to poor children to be ceased and children will be cooked and fed to each other (giant cost savings)
    * All books to be replaced by Power Point presentations by the Oxyclean guy
    * Private schools to get windfall assistance, extra money if they provide "Hedge Fund Training"
    Last edited by allegro; 09-07-2017 at 07:51 PM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    That's a stretch. Many people who would have been referred to as a "beta" would have voted for Bernie too, I'd imagine moreso than Hilary. It's their progressive ideology, i.e. anti-white male, which leads to the insult.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    * Free lunches to poor children to be ceased and children will be cooked and fed to each other (giant cost savings)
    I'm actually not too torn up about this one. It's just good economic sense.

Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Madmya View Post
    It's their progressive ideology, i.e. anti-white male, which leads to the insult.
    How does being progressive make you "anti-white male"?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    It doesn't, but I guarantee you everyone in the anti-white male movement regards themselves as progressive.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    It doesn't, but I guarantee you everyone in the anti-white male movement regards themselves as progressive.
    The cuck term must've flown under my radar then, because I didn't see it everywhere until Hillary was the nominee.

Also, "anti-white male?!!" Go grab a fucking tiki torch.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Haha fuck me, you don't think there are people out there who despise white males? No wonder everything gets under your radar.

I guess my identification of this makes me a nazi, you fucking dumb cunt.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Haha fuck me, you don't think there are people out there who despise white males? No wonder everything gets under your radar.

I guess my identification of this makes me a nazi, you fucking dumb cunt.
    Hey, I thought some of those people carrying tiki torches were "very nice people," they were just tired of straight white dudes getting super persecuted in this country?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    How the fuck should I know?

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    How the fuck should I know?
    Because you identify with that shitty bullshit defense, share their woes, and comment on the concerns of the alt-right movement in this country. Though again, I don't know why you do, since once again, you also don't live here. Are you feeling threatened as a white man over there in Australia? Is there some movement against white dudes in Australia? Because, if so, you're projecting. I honestly don't know.

Because I don't live in Australia, so I'm not going to draw sweeping suggestions about that sort of stuff that might horrifyingly align me with a fascist bigoted resurgence.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    This blows my mind. I've not sympathised with the alt-right, not sided with or against the anti-white male movement, and you accuse me of projecting? And exactly what woes have I shared with the alt-right?

So because I'm a young, conservative male I must be alt-right? And you wonder why I say you're completely into identity politics.

I don't know if you're aware of this, but the USA is kind of a big deal to the world. I don't want daily news about the shoes Melania wore, but we get that bullshit. You know that whole "I hate statues" phase that is happening right now? Yeah, suddenly statues in Australia are being vandalised. We're about to go to war with you over North Korea. The USA clearly matters a lot to us.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Why am I so into "identity politics?" You're the one who seems PRIMARILY concerned with a perceived "anti-white male." Sorry if I read what you actually said.

I don't know if you're aware of this, but the USA is kind of a big deal to the world. I don't want daily news about the shoes Melania wore, but we get that bullshit. You know that whole "I hate statues" phase that is happening right now? Yeah, suddenly statues in Australia are being vandalised. We're about to go to war with you over North Korea. The USA clearly matters a lot to us.

I know the US is a big deal in the world. Glad we got that out of the way.

It's not "I hate statues," and if that's how it's manifesting in Australia, I am unfamiliar. We're talking about public ground featuring celebrations to the secession side, which were erected in the 20s. Look into the civil rights movement here, to see what those statues actually symbolize.

We're about to go to war with North Korea? Yeah, maybe, holy shit, and that has nothing to do with "white-man" hate, so I'm not sure why you're bringing it up.
    Last edited by Jinsai; 09-08-2017 at 04:53 AM.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'm just saying the type of guys that use the cuck term! Fuck me.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Why am I so into "identity politics?" You're the one who seems PRIMARILY concerned with a perceived "anti-white male." Sorry if I read what you actually said.

[/COLOR]

I know the US is a big deal in the world. Glad we got that out of the way.

It's not "I hate statues," and if that's how it's manifesting in Australia, I am unfamiliar. We're talking about public ground featuring celebrations to the secession side, which were erected in the 20s. Look into the civil rights movement here, to see what those statues actually symbolize.

We're about to go to war with North Korea? Yeah, maybe, holy shit, and that has nothing to do with "white-man" hate, so I'm not sure why you're bringing it up.
    This is all too dumb. No wonder you can't follow what I'm saying.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    I follow what you're saying. You're a "conservative" who is sad about the fact that there's tons of people out there hating white men. In America, where you don't live, and don't realize that "white-male hatred" is code.

So you identify with the politics of the alt-right. I'm giving you the benefit of the doubt and assuming you don't actually know what the alt-right is.

But...

I'm just saying the type of guys that use the cuck term! Fuck me.

HAVE YOU EVER HEARD A WOMAN USE THE WORD "CUCK?"
    Get it through your head, this is a sexist thing.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Holy fucking shit.

Mentioned
    330 Post(s)
    Holy fucking shit.
    Have you heard a woman use the word "cuck?"

You can answer that or fuck off.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Yes I have (look up the term "hotwife"). I'm reeling over the amount of time I've wasted engaging with you here, I can't stress how much of an idiot you are. You aren't taking any more of my time.

Mentioned
    75 Post(s)
    Didn't you say you were done with this thread, @Madmya?

I've only ever heard and seen LCD alt right dudes using the word, "cuck." As usual, it doesn't really land. Patton Oswalt made a good observation recently, stating that the faces of alt right are all failed entertainers. And it tends to match up (google searches). They most definitely have difficulties with being funny and that goes for all of the alt right people, not just the well known members of the worst club.

It's great to see this vindictive administration continue to lash out and punish the demographics that didn't vote for Master Orange Diaper Baby. DeVos is a terrible unqualified person so she is perfect for Trump's team.
    Last edited by Swykk; 09-08-2017 at 06:26 AM.

Mentioned
    51 Post(s)
    Wait, what the fuck is the anti-white male movement?

I've heard of pro-diversity (doesn't mean anti-white male). I've heard of anti-Nazi (doesn't mean anti-white male). But what group, what event, what protest are you specifically talking about with this "anti-white male" label?

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Just search "white male" in twitter. It's no official movement, but it's there.

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    I'll do it for you, these are literally the first results from the search: