Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Midnight View Post
    I am tired of winning.
    me too mostly just tiered
    _louie

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    I just woke up to see this on twitter. Is it really gonna happen?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos View Post
    Nobody talking about the Mueller charges and pending arrests?.

im not going to jinx it...

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Nobody talking about the Mueller charges and pending arrests?

The indictments are sealed, so nobody knows who is going to be taken in next week. I'm curious if anyone is shitting their pants and will leave the country this weekend.
    Yeah, there's nothing to talk about. The indictments MAY be opened "as early as Monday" but my guess is twofold:

A) It's not going to be Monday, and
    B) It's going to be some pissant aide that no one has ever heard of (or who we haven't heard of since the campaign), and it'll be some minor charge that doesn't really mean jack shit.

Just my gut feeling.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    I think Manafort is the obvious guess but I agree that it may be someone no one cares about. With that being said, whoever it is, that person may not want to go down alone. Next week is gonna be interesting.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Okay, now they're reporting that the indictments will be unsealed Monday, not "as early as Monday".

I just really, really hope that they do this the way they would with a normal citizen - just show up unannounced. No advance warning. Don't tip off the press. Don't let the suspect know. Just knock on the door and drag their ass away in whatever they're wearing. We all know that won't happen though.

So, let's place bets: who thinks the suspect will be leaked before Monday? If so, how early will it be? Or will there be news on the suspect that turns out to be completely and utterly wrong?

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    LOL human pile of garbage Roger Stone Jr. went on an awful, racist tweetstorm towards a few people and had his account suspended. Delicious.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by october_midnight View Post
    LOL human pile of garbage Roger Stone Jr. went on an awful, racist tweetstorm towards a few people and had his account suspended. Delicious.
    WHOA lol that looks like some serious drunk tweeting:

https://twitter.com/keithboykin/stat...62068458524672

Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Good

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    WHOA lol that looks like some serious drunk tweeting:

https://twitter.com/keithboykin/stat...62068458524672
    Holy shit! smh

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Holy shit! smh
    “'Covksucker' Is that Russian?” LOL LOL

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    “'Covksucker' Is that Russian?” LOL LOL
    Covfefe
    Covsucker
    What'll the next gem be from covservatives?

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Nobody talking about the Mueller charges and pending arrests?

The indictments are sealed, so nobody knows who is going to be taken in next week. I'm curious if anyone is shitting their pants and will leave the country this weekend.
    I don't think there's going to be any "arrests" with handcuffs or anything; white collar stuff typically involves phone calls and turning themselves in for mug shots and finger prints before being released pending trial.

But the Prosecution and the grand jury are BARRED from providing this information; as Chris Christie pointed out on Stephanopolous this morning, the person/s who leaked this, if it's true, could face Federal prison charges if found.

Christie pointed out that the person/s indicted already KNOW they were targets, because when you are brought before the grand jury you must be informed if you are a specific target. So, this won't be a huge surprise to them if it's all true.

Christie also accurately pointed out (he WAS a prosecuting attorney) that the idea that lower people could be indicted in order to catch a bigger fish isn't a strategy that's used; you generally don't INDICT people you want to use as bait, because they won't turn to aid the prosecution if they're been indicted. Only the THREAT of indictment works to flip people to work in favor of the prosecution.
    Last edited by allegro; 10-29-2017 at 12:24 PM.

Mentioned
    96 Post(s)
    It might not be super racist, sure but it was still awful. I found calling Don Lemon 'partyboi' as somewhat suspect, but yeah you're right...it's not super racist per se.

Also, you can't believe it's not suspension worthy?
    Last edited by october_midnight; 10-29-2017 at 03:14 PM.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DigitalChaos
    i somehow managed to read all of this thinking it was Oliver Stone.
    LOL LOL LOL !!!!

I think he was only suspended briefly, broke one of the Twitter rules but I don’t know which — and, frankly, I don’t even care enough to go check. Yawn.

You haven’t seen “Get Me Roger Stone” ?!?!?!?!? You HAVE to watch it!!

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    Ah yes, Manafort. Here’s hoping the powerful brats, Jared and Ivanka are next.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Donald Jr HAS to be one of the dominos to fall, don’t you think?

Manafort makes sense to be the first to go down, though, logically.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    I was reading over the weekend that Manafort has been the subject of FBI investigations for the last 4-5 years though - long before the campaign even started. Is it not possible that these charges, while most likely linked to Russian dealings, have absolutely nothing to do with the campaign/election? Seems like the left is already cheering and clapping that this is the beginning of the end for Trump, but isn't there a chance that these charges have absolutely nothing to do with him?

edit: I'm not insinuating that this IS the case. Simply asking if it's a plausible scenario.

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    Agreed. That’s mostly why I said it made logical sense for Manafort to be first. I don’t have high hopes but I do hope he and Gates aren’t the only ones.

Mentioned
    101 Post(s)
    Here are the charges against Manafort:

12 counts: conspiracy against the US, conspiracy to launder money, unregistered agent of a foreign principal, false and misleading FARA statements, false statements, and seven counts of failure to file reports of foreign bank and financial accounts.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Manafort and so forth will take the rap, and will say Trump knew nothing about it, everything will work toward exonerating Trump, and there will be no actual evidence that Trump himself knew a thing.

Sorry but to me this is all a show, the purpose of which is ultimately to consolidate Trump and GOP power. Mueller is a Republican, appointed to this position by a Trump administration DOJ, he is not going to bring down the president. He is Comey Part II, and let's not forget how Comey helped put Trump in the WH.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by aggroculture View Post
    Manafort and so forth will take the rap, and will say Trump knew nothing about it, everything will work toward exonerating Trump, and there will be no actual evidence that Trump himself knew a thing.

Sorry but to me this is all a show, the purpose of which is ultimately to consolidate Trump and GOP power. Mueller is a Republican, appointed to this position by a Trump administration DOJ, he is not going to bring down the president. He is Comey Part II, and let's not forget how Comey helped put Trump in the WH.
    Mueller’s job is not to “bring down Trump.” He was specifically appointed to investigate the Russian influence in the election. Mueller didn’t decide to indict Manafort and Gates; a GRAND JURY did.

You might be disgusted with Trump but you’re confusing a lot of the American process, here.

Also: Trump is NOT a Republican. He’s a populist.

The Republicans in Congress will defend Trump until the very end if anything happens, though, because they are only worried about THEIR OWN JOBS.

They don’t give a fuck about the Party.
    Last edited by allegro; 10-30-2017 at 09:23 AM.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)

I know you're in Quebec so this doesn't completely apply to you, but it needs to be said -

The Impeachment Eagle is not going to swoop in and save everyone from Donald Trump and his cronies and we shouldn't expect Bob Mueller's investigation to do the same. This is theater and the media loves it, but we have to be prepared that this won't lead to Trump being impeached or resigning. Not under this congress, anyway. Jury selection for Trump's impeachment begins in the 2018 midterms. Until then, we keep doing what we're doing to resist his presidency and Republicans at large.

*Edit* But, today's news makes me somewhat happy regardless.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Mueller’s job is not to “bring down Trump.” He was specifically appointed to investigate the Russian influence in the election.
    Exactly. And the investigation he is heading will see to it that Trump is exonerated. It will be very very convenient that there is no actual evidence linking Trump to Russian meddling. Manafort and everyone else will take the fall, even Trump's kids if necessary. Then they will all be pardoned a la Arpaio.

Mueller didn’t decide to indict Manafort and Gates; a GRAND JURY did.

You might be disgusted with Trump but you’re confusing a lot of the American process, here.
    If I understand the process correctly, Mueller's team presents the evidence to a grand jury to argue for certain individuals to be charged with certain crimes: Mueller's team chooses what is pertinent and what isn't. Mueller's team can leave out what they like and choose to not pursue certain inviduals if they like.
    I won't be surprised if nothing directly incriminating Trump ever appears anywhere in this investigation or goes anywhere near a court or grand jury. Trump will be protected, while the middle managers fall.
    Last edited by aggroculture; 10-30-2017 at 09:32 AM.

Mentioned
    95 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Lt. Randazzo View Post
    The Impeachment Eagle is not going to swoop in and save everyone from Donald Trump and his cronies and we shouldn't expect Bob Mueller's investigation to do the same. This is theater and the media loves it, but we have to be prepared that this won't lead to Trump being impeached or resigning. Not under this congress, anyway. Jury selection for Trump's impeachment begins in the 2018 midterms. Until then, we keep doing what we're doing to resist his presidency and Republicans at large.

*Edit* But, today's news makes me somewhat happy regardless.
    I see liberals whooping and cheering like they just won or something, and this is exactly the same delusion (this notion than in spite of the GOP being in charge of almost everything, liberals are still winning) that allowed Trump to be elected in the first place. I'll believe this ends like Nixon when I see it, not before.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)

And re:getting too excited - I personally seem to be incapable of understanding how this is anything but an unreal, batshit insane once in a generation moment happening right now.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I see liberals whooping and cheering like they just won or something, and this is exactly the same delusion (this notion than in spite of the GOP being in charge of almost everything, liberals are still winning) that allowed Trump to be elected in the first place. I'll believe this ends like Nixon when I see it, not before.
    Liberal MEDIA? Liberals on TV?

They’re doing that for ad revenue, telling idiots what they want to hear.

That doesn’t make it what the law is DOING.

Nobody with any intelligence or education in U.S. Law and History thinks this has ANYTHING to do with impeachment. That is not how it works. No President has EVER been fully impeached, nor will it likely ever happen. Ever.

As was mentioned, a grand jury is investigating the Russian influence, if any, in our election, and they HAPPENED to come across stuff that has been under investigation for YEARS.

Watch the Netflix doc “Get Me Roger Stone.” Manafort has been a powerful part of the Machine for a looooooooong time, wayyyy before Trump.

Trump is an asshole but the Machine works independent of Trump.

No, Mueller’s team isn’t picking and choosing specific things, this isn’t Law and Order SVU. The GRAND JURY demands whatever evidence it wants. The ONLY thing that Mueller provides that the grand jury doesn’t ask for are jury instructions that contain the exact language of the laws in question.
    Last edited by allegro; 10-30-2017 at 09:50 AM.

Mentioned
    28 Post(s)
    Former Trump Foreign Policy Adviser Pleaded Guilty in Mueller Probe

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/artic...-mueller-probe

Mentioned
    118 Post(s)
    @allegro I’ve been slower on the uptake as of late but it seems like you’re saying it is way more likely that Trump is indicted (when someone indicted previously rolls on him) and subsequently resigns?

Again, my hopes are low but given what’s out there, I’d think Flynn and Jr will be on the hook before this is over.

Mentioned
    54 Post(s)
    We don't get to win much lately so the news this morning is nice.