Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Justice Gorsuch is a bigger douche than most predicted:

https://www.newyorker.com/news/daily...court-justices

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegro View Post
    HOOOOOLY SHIT

Re Niger, this is “Benghazi on steroids” — https://twitter.com/laurasessions10/...11532662075392
    Justice Gorsuch is a bigger douche than most predicted:

https://www.newyorker.com/news/daily...court-justices

I'm going to start charging you for my blood pressure medication that I'm sure I'm going to have to start taking.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)
    Paul Ryan roasts Trump at Al Smith dinner

NBC News on MSN.com · 12 hours ago

'Every morning, I wake up in my office and scroll Twitter to see which tweets I will have to pretend that I didn't see later,' Ryan said.
    How about, instead of roasting Trump for laughs, you roast him for real and impeach the orange fucker?

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by allegate View Post
    How about, instead of roasting Trump for laughs, you roast him for real and impeach the orange fucker?
    He's a fellow white (R). He can't actually do anything to disagree with him.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    again public has lost focus and made it about Trumps stupid comments tweets, 1) why was chad suddenly put on the travel ban 2) what where special forces doing in Niger 3) how were they ambushed on a patrol the had done 38 successfully times prior? 3) where was air support medical support? the happened on October 4th
    -Louie

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Omg I’m this is fucking hilarious wtf:

https://twitter.com/keitholbermann/s...43262158901249

Edit: okay wait this is better:

http://abc7chicago.com/politics/trum...cords/2554518/
    Last edited by allegro; 10-21-2017 at 06:54 PM.

Mentioned
    552 Post(s)

I know it all feels like something out of a slapstick National Lampoon style comedy, but I just find nothing humorous about it anymore.

Donald Trump: Destroyer of humor and all things good.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Jinsai View Post
    I know it all feels like something out of a slapstick National Lampoon style comedy, but I just find nothing humorous about it anymore.

Donald Trump: Destroyer of humor and all things good.
    If I couldn’t laugh I’d be depressed. I won’t give him that power.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)

I love Keith's tweet, but the congressional mandate did include a clause that the release could be blocked for a large number of reasons still - so it's not exactly a given that these were going to be made public this week. I'm sure it would've been pretty easy for Donnie to block these - but ironically, if there is a good reason for these not to be made public (I highly doubt there is), I bet he doesn't have a freaking clue.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Slightly related: someone made a fake screenshot of Myeshia Johnson "clarifying" Trump's remarks and thanking him for his sensitive phone call.

Snopes picks it apart piece-by-piece, including pointing out that the time stamp is wrong and the format of the post doesn't match the current format of Facebook posts.

Naturally, people are sharing it in support of Trump wherever possible, and so help you, if you respond with the Snopes page, they simply say "snopes is fake". Jesus fucking Christ. This blind support - for ANYONE - is what bothers me more than anything else. Fuck, I don't even care if you're on the same side as me. If you dismiss things without doing ANY research whatsoever, for the sole purpose that you disagree with the conclusion, you're a fucking moron and should have your voter registration revoked.

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    I love Keith's tweet, but the congressional mandate did include a clause that the release could be blocked for a large number of reasons
    Well right hence the info in my 2nd link.

My husband’s Trump-supporting cousin in Texas posted some meme photo on Facebook of the Seattle Seahawks team in the locker room gleefully holding a burning flag, with a caption indicating something about no respect or whatever. My husband and several others then told her (cousin) that the photo was OBVIOUSLY Photoshopped, that it hadn’t happened, that it had been debunked, etc. She defensively responded (paraphrasing) “what, am I supposed to research everything I see now!?!”

Um ... YEAH.
    Last edited by allegro; 10-22-2017 at 09:35 AM.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Well right hence the info in my 2nd link.

My husband’s Trump-supporting cousin in Texas posted some meme photo on Facebook of the Seattle Seahawks team in the locker room gleefully holding a burning flag, with a caption indicating something about no respect or whatever. My husband and several others then told her (cousin) that the photo was OBVIOUSLY Photoshopped, that it hadn’t happened, that it had been debunked, etc. She defensively responded (paraphrasing) “what, am I supposed to research everything I see now!?!”

Um ... YEAH.
    I had to look that photo up. How unbelievably stupid do you have to be to think, for even one second, that that isn't a doctored photo? I mean, I can see being so stupid that you want to believe anything that fits the narrative that you can't be talked out of. But the photo doesn't look even remotely real. Like, this is the kind of Photoshop work I was doing in seventh grade when we were the first class in our county to even HAVE photo editing software. Not exaggerating. This is the shit that keeps me awake at night - knowing that there are that many people who are so unbelievably stupid that they could believe something that is so ridiculously fake that children could pick it apart.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    and people wonder how the Russian's duped us, and yes she should be told to research everything, and more importantly, here children, and to quit getting her news from Facebook, for having the most information in history we sure are uninformed.
    -Louie

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I watched Marc Maron and Paton Oswalds new stand up specials on Netflix. Both of them walked on stage and just started talking and without saying his name (Trump) they just referred to him as "he". You knew instantly who they are talking about and later in the set they do mention him by name but both of their takes on Trump are pretty funny and sometimes similar to each other. They were both funny.
    For comedians you just can't walk out on stage anymore and say "Trump is an idiot" because that is like saying the sky is blue.

This is my take on the whole Trump fiasco, for me its like this is the first time this country has elected a total fucking drama queen as president. Everyday its a new drama, a new end of the world, a new set of problems. Its like this country elected a 71 year old man but got a 7 year old little girl with bladder control issues that throws a tantrum when he doesn't get what he wants or if somebody offends his massively delicate overindulgent ego. A megalomaniac of epic proportions and a narcissistic self centered buffoon who talks too fucking much and reads way too little.
    He is focused on issues like athletes standing for the national anthem, when people are dying, starving and have no water in Puerto Rico, or focusing on the problem with North Korea. James Carville was on Bill Maher Friday night and everybody wants to know why the four soldiers died in Niger and why Trump isn't saying anything about it. Carville said Trump can't even find Niger on the map.

Watching comedians talk about Trump makes me laugh and it is sad because Trump is destroying this country. He has already eclipsed every other President as the worst President of the United States and now has his sights on the worst leader in the world.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Sister Midnight View Post
    I watched Marc Maron and Paton Oswalds new stand up specials on Netflix. Both of them walked on stage and just started talking and without saying his name (Trump) they just referred to him as "he". You knew instantly who they are talking about and later in the set they do mention him by name but both of their takes on Trump are pretty funny and sometimes similar to each other. They were both funny.
    For comedians you just can't walk out on stage anymore and say "Trump is an idiot" because that is like saying the sky is blue.

This is my take on the whole Trump fiasco, for me its like this is the first time this country has elected a total fucking drama queen as president. Everyday its a new drama, a new end of the world, a new set of problems. Its like this country elected a 71 year old man but got a 7 year old little girl with bladder control issues that throws a tantrum when he doesn't get what he wants or if somebody offends his massively delicate overindulgent ego. A megalomaniac of epic proportions and a narcissistic self centered buffoon who talks too fucking much and reads way too little.
    He is focused on issues like athletes standing for the national anthem, when people are dying, starving and have no water in Puerto Rico, or focusing on the problem with North Korea. James Carville was on Bill Maher Friday night and everybody wants to know why the four soldiers died in Niger and why Trump isn't saying anything about it. Carville said Trump can't even find Niger on the map.

Watching comedians talk about Trump makes me laugh and it is sad because Trump is destroying this country. He has already eclipsed every other President as the worst President of the United States and now has his sights on the worst leader in the world.
    it's not only he's a bad president and horrible leader. he lies when it benefits no one likethe inauguration. crowd. also starting shit for no reason, the whole NFL shit, Puerto Ricain's are dying. god forbid we have the big one while he's in office San Franciscan's, are nothing to hime but gay dirty hippies. said nothing about Napa. Obama was here like every other week i know because traffic was always sucking but it always sucking. I hope mueller nails him good and ends up broke and shamed. and everyone with a MAGA hats has them stapled to their heads so we all know who the idiots are in a crowd.
    _Louie
    Last edited by Louie_Cypher; 10-22-2017 at 07:36 PM. Reason: the and and are words too

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Louie_Cypher View Post
    it's not only he's a bad president and horrible leader. he lies when it benefits no one likethe inauguration. crowd. also starting shit for no reason, the whole NFL shit, Puerto Ricain's are dying. god forbid we have the big one while he's in office San Franciscan's, are nothing to hime but gay dirty hippies. said nothing about Napa. Obama was here like every other week i know because traffic was always sucking but it always sucking. I hope mueller nails him good and ends up broke and shamed. and everyone with a MAGA hats has them stapled to their heads so we all know who the idiots are in a crowd.
    _Louie
    I'm hoping that the 25th amendment stops Trump that his cabinet sees that he is unfit for office, unfortunately Pence is such a Trump sycophant I don't see him signing it. Mueller is the best bet for getting Trump out of office but who knows how long that is going to take. If we get a Democratic senate and congress in 2018 that will definitely speed up the process of impeachment. Which is why I don't understand why Trump is attacking republican senators and congress men and women, he is so fucking stupid that he doesn't realize that a majority Republican house and Senate is keeping him from impeachment proceedings. Yet he attacks his own party.

As for Trump supporters I kind of now look at them like drunks and crazy people at my job, who is the bigger idiot the drunk or the person arguing with the drunk? You can't talk to a Trump supporter they live in their own world of selective facts and reasoning, I find them totally unreachable. I am a very hard left liberal but I do realize that if the country is going to remain a country you have to listen to people with opposing viewpoints and I can talk and relate with moderate Republicans because they think Trump is an idiot as well so on that level I can relate to them. There is a civil war going on in the republican party so the reasonable Republicans are even saying "what the fuck is going on".

In a sense the whole country is in what I call a "cold civil war" between liberals, conservatives, and very far right conservatives (Trump supporters mostly and KKK and Nazis and worthless bags of shit that listen Alex Jones and Rush Limbaugh).

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    I'm hoping that the 25th amendment stops Trump that his cabinet sees that he is unfit for office, unfortunately Pence is such a Trump sycophant I don't see him signing it. Mueller is the best bet for getting Trump out of office but who knows how long that is going to take. If we get a Democratic senate and congress in 2018 that will definitely speed up the process of impeachment. Which is why I don't understand why Trump is attacking republican senators and congress men and women, he is so fucking stupid that he doesn't realize that a majority Republican house and Senate is keeping him from impeachment proceedings. Yet he attacks his own party.

As for Trump supporters I kind of now look at them like drunks and crazy people at my job, who is the bigger idiot the drunk or the person arguing with the drunk? You can't talk to a Trump supporter they live in their own world of selective facts and reasoning, I find them totally unreachable. I am a very hard left liberal but I do realize that if the country is going to remain a country you have to listen to people with opposing viewpoints and I can talk and relate with moderate Republicans because they think Trump is an idiot as well so on that level I can relate to them. There is a civil war going on in the republican party so the reasonable Republicans are even saying "what the fuck is going on".

In a sense the whole country is in what I call a "cold civil war" between liberals, conservatives, and very far right conservatives (Trump supporters mostly and KKK and Nazis and worthless bags of shit that listen Alex Jones and Rush Limbaugh).
    Exactly. There's someone who's been a longtime family friend of my parents for many years as I'm pretty much no longer comfortable being around him. He's a supporter of GWOTUS a few weeks ago. He and my dad were talking on the phone and it got heated as my father couldn't finish a sentence. Weeks before that, I was sitting with him during a baseball game when I really wanted to go to my room and he wanted to talk. I didn't want to. He's helped my family for a long time but lately, his politics and that unbridled support has made me uncomfortable. I really don't want to be around him or his stupid wife who is an even bigger supporter of GWOTUS. My neighbor keeps asking "why hasn't anyone shot him yet?"

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by thevoid99 View Post
    Exactly. There's someone who's been a longtime family friend of my parents for many years as I'm pretty much no longer comfortable being around him. He's a supporter of GWOTUS a few weeks ago. He and my dad were talking on the phone and it got heated as my father couldn't finish a sentence. Weeks before that, I was sitting with him during a baseball game when I really wanted to go to my room and he wanted to talk. I didn't want to. He's helped my family for a long time but lately, his politics and that unbridled support has made me uncomfortable. I really don't want to be around him or his stupid wife who is an even bigger supporter of GWOTUS. My neighbor keeps asking "why hasn't anyone shot him yet?"
    Is your neighbor asking "why hasn't anyone shot him (Trump) yet"?

I have often wondered that as well, I try to surround myself with like minded people but you can't do that at your job. I have watched since Trump took office people at work that have told me they voted for him. I have watched them slowly come to terms and some even admit that they were wrong for voting for him, these are reachable people. Many people keep asking "what is the breaking point" "when is Trump going to go too far". In normal politics he would have crossed that line long ago, but with moderates its not one issue. For some it was his handling of Puerto Rico (Trump's Katrina), for others it was pushing aside a world leader at the G summit and others it was his unstable reaction to Kim Jung Un of North Korea.
    So the moderate voters who just couldn't bring themselves to vote for Hillary Clinton are slowly turning away from Trump and realizing it was a mistake to vote for him. These moderates all seem to have different breaking points that turned them off Trump. You may not see one issue turning voters away from Trump but slowly they are breaking away all for different reasons.

A quick humorous point (but actually it is really sad) When I hear a news anchor or reporter listing the characteristics of Kim Jung Un but say I just turned the TV on and missed who they are talking about. When they start listing character traits of Kim Jung Un they are not very different from Trump.

Trump is easily a dictator, with his attacks on the first amendment and the media, talking about having NBC's licence revoked, THAT IS DICTATOR SHIT! IF you read the history of how Hitler attained power and Hitlers beliefs and how he used fear to motivate the unbelievers, there really is not a lot of difference between Hitler and Trump. Trump worships dictators and it seems to me that he aspires to be one.

Its ironic that Trumps supporters only seem to care about standing for the National Anthem and gun rights, but really don't give a shit if democracy dies.

Mentioned
    79 Post(s)
    Is your neighbor asking "why hasn't anyone shot him (Trump) yet"?

I have often wondered that as well, I try to surround myself with like minded people but you can't do that at your job. I have watched since Trump took office people at work that have told me they voted for him. I have watched them slowly come to terms and some even admit that they were wrong for voting for him, these are reachable people. Many people keep asking "what is the breaking point" "when is Trump going to go too far". In normal politics he would have crossed that line long ago, but with moderates its not one issue. For some it was his handling of Puerto Rico (Trump's Katrina), for others it was pushing aside a world leader at the G summit and others it was his unstable reaction to Kim Jung Un of North Korea.
    So the moderate voters who just couldn't bring themselves to vote for Hillary Clinton are slowly turning away from Trump and realizing it was a mistake to vote for him. These moderates all seem to have different breaking points that turned them off Trump. You may not see one issue turning voters away from Trump but slowly they are breaking away all for different reasons.

A quick humorous point (but actually it is really sad) When I hear a news anchor or reporter listing the characteristics of Kim Jung Un but say I just turned the TV on and missed who they are talking about. When they start listing character traits of Kim Jung Un they are not very different from Trump.

Trump is easily a dictator, with his attacks on the first amendment and the media, talking about having NBC's licence revoked, THAT IS DICTATOR SHIT! IF you read the history of how Hitler attained power and Hitlers beliefs and how he used fear to motivate the unbelievers, there really is not a lot of difference between Hitler and Trump. Trump worships dictators and it seems to me that he aspires to be one.

Its ironic that Trumps supporters only seem to care about standing for the National Anthem and gun rights, but really don't give a shit if democracy dies.
    Yep, my neighbor. A veteran who fought in Vietnam and has seen a lot of shit and really hates what is happening. He knows what is happening is bullshit and is convinced that GWOTUS isn't a human being let alone some intelligent alien but something different.

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    There's a girl I used to work with a few years back who I run into occasionally still. She's your typical run-of-mill suburban middle-America religious person, bought and sold by the Trump Agenda. Not to fully spread her business, but she has been sexually assaulted in the past, as well as having a boyfriend in the military who was actually KIA. I ran into her a couple of days ago, and naturally we started talking about Trump, and I asked her how she feels about him not only defending Weinstein, but insulting a grieving military widow. I don't fucking understand it man, but she literally said that Trump was just engaging in "typical guy talk" and then said some shit about unless they release a tape of the phone call, it's every American citizens duty to take the President at his word and assume that that congress-woman and the widow are indeed lying and then, OF FUCKING COURSE, brought up Hillary and Benghazi. I asked her flat out if there is anything he could do that would shake her confidence in him, and her response, I shit you not: "No. He's our President. I will support any and everything he does." So then I asked her if she supported everything Obama did because he was also our president: "well of course not, he did not have the American people's best interest in mind".

Like.....WHAT!?!? I TRULY do not understand how these people are able to be SO brainwashed by this idiot. I was unbelievably baffled. At that point, I just kind of threw my hands up and ended the conversation. How do you go any further there?!

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    @richardp Wow thats just fucking sad. I have given up trying to talk to Trump supporters or Trump zombies. There is no point talking to Trump supporters, they are just going to ruin your day, I am just going to piss them off. It seems more peaceful just to let them live in their artificial world of alternative facts, and avoid them. Its like if there was a zombie apocalypse, you would be trying to stay away from the zombies. We live in two Americas.

Mentioned
    104 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by richardp View Post
    Like.....WHAT!?!? I TRULY do not understand how these people are able to be SO brainwashed by this idiot. I was unbelievably baffled. At that point, I just kind of threw my hands up and ended the conversation. How do you go any further there?!
    But is it him, or is it the entire party? I bet she thought GWB could do no wrong, too, and I bet she thinks Clinton should have been thrown out of office for letting the intern suck his dick and then trying to downplay it so he could get back to doing his fucking job. But I get your point, and it's equal parts infuriating, frightening, and depressing. How can anyone be so utterly brainwashed and closed-minded? I honestly just feel really bad for her. In my mind I'm picturing some frightened little puppy who thinks the world is out to get her. I want to rescue her, but I know any attempted would just leave me bleeding and covered in bite marks because there's just no way I'd ever get through to her. And I know there are millions more like her, which just makes me weep for our future.

Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    It's the party, it's like a religion unfortunately. Sometimes that's true for Democrats as well, but it's way worse on the Republican side. It ties in with religion quite a bit IMO. I've seen it with my own family, and I'm a conservative (not social)...it sucks. You can't talk about anything with them.

Mentioned
    91 Post(s)
    I definitely blame the party. There's only two and the best they could come up with is this guy. They didn't even want him but they wanted to win so here we are. Calling widows liars and stripping away rights for the disabled. Jfc

Mentioned
    994 Post(s)
    I saw somebody on Twitter today call him “Cheetolini.” LOL LOL I love it.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    ceatotieo
    _louie

Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I saw somebody on Twitter today call him “Cheetolini.” LOL LOL I love it.

Last edited by Sister Midnight; 10-24-2017 at 03:08 PM.

Mentioned
    233 Post(s)

Mentioned
    73 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by theimage13 View Post
    But is it him, or is it the entire party? I bet she thought GWB could do no wrong, too, and I bet she thinks Clinton should have been thrown out of office for letting the intern suck his dick and then trying to downplay it so he could get back to doing his fucking job. But I get your point, and it's equal parts infuriating, frightening, and depressing. How can anyone be so utterly brainwashed and closed-minded? I honestly just feel really bad for her. In my mind I'm picturing some frightened little puppy who thinks the world is out to get her. I want to rescue her, but I know any attempted would just leave me bleeding and covered in bite marks because there's just no way I'd ever get through to her. And I know there are millions more like her, which just makes me weep for our future.
    Pretty sure it's a party thing. She was of course against Hillary and those fucking emails, but couldn't care less about Trump's entire family doing the same thing. It's almost like, since she was brought up out in the fucking farmland suburbs of Kansas City by a religious family, that the kind of religious republican misogyny was just completely ingrained into her mind, to the point where she has to blinding support the rapist in chief, not even realizing that that DIRECTLY goes against her own personal interest.

Mentioned
    41 Post(s)
    here's the truth hillary was a horrible candidate, people were totally against establishment candidates Bernie didn't get the nod because he was anti- bank anti -lobbyist,which meant, no dollars for the democratic party, was not a hillary supporter voted green party, was a life long democrat , non longer give them money, non even more that they've sealed their books, fuck trump fuck the demo's wolf pac, money out of government now!
    -louie